9 replies to this topic

#1 BIG PAKO

BIG PAKO

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:44 PM

Did anyone notice a motorcycle cop randomly checking license plates along Cobble Ridge around noon today?

It was weird. My wife was driving out the garage to grab lunch, the cop was stopped outside and took down her license plate... very strange. I'm just wondering if someone has Police Vacation Watch.

#2 Darth Lefty

Darth Lefty

Disco Infiltrator

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,578 posts
  • Interests:Volunteer with a service club like Active 20-30, and you CAN make a difference!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:57 PM

I thought the cruisers had a scanner dingus that did this automagically.
"I enjoy a bit of cooking, and this has always worried me. But it's OK. I only like it because it allows me to play with knives." - James May

Genesis 49:16-17
http://www.active2030folsom.org

#3 BinFolsom

BinFolsom

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:18 PM

It seems like they should be paying more attention to real crime going on here in Folsom. This past Friday at least 3 vehicles at the Glenn light rail station got their catylitic converters removed, 2 at the Sutter street parking lot. That was in one day....Who knows how often this is happening. I believe this is grand theft and I still see motorcycle cops hiding and hoping to catch a minor offense.

#4 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:27 PM

It seems like they should be paying more attention to real crime going on here in Folsom. This past Friday at least 3 vehicles at the Glenn light rail station got their catylitic converters removed, 2 at the Sutter street parking lot. That was in one day....Who knows how often this is happening. I believe this is grand theft and I still see motorcycle cops hiding and hoping to catch a minor offense.

both were at light rail parking stations? that sucks. what a horrible thing to find when you return from your daily commute.
Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#5 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:31 PM

And NO DOUBT the criminals got away by.....you guessed it....Light rail!!

#6 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:56 AM

Actually, if you'll notice in the Folsom police logs, it's usually a case of the suspects fleeing after stealing merchandise from a business at 13000 Folsom Boulevard in a vehicle. They usually have someone waiting in a car parked backed in. It happens a lot out towards East Bidwell & 50, too.

The police logs don't include everything that happens, but it does show a catalytic converter theft at 13000 Folsom Blvd. on September 29. There was also a catalytic converter theft on Sept. 21 on Crossing Way. I guess they're at it again.

#7 asbestoshills

asbestoshills

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:45 AM

Wait until they expand light rail to EDhs. lol! Will it run through East Bidwell?
There's already tracks there.
Americans, don't just come in one color or race.

#8 SacKen

SacKen

Lifer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:27 PM

Stopping those crimes doesn't produce revenue. Sitting at the corner of E. Bidwell and Blue Ravine catching someone fiddling with their phone does.

Just like when someone broke in to my house. My alarm company called me and I confirmed that it was truly a break-in and not a false alarm. The police didn't send the nearest officer (that was probably working on revenue stops) to see if they could actually catch anyone. 30+ minutes after the call, an officer finally arrived. He said that he was on the complete opposite side of town and was in the middle of something trivial and not related to a crime. Priorities, I guess...
"Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!" -- George Carlin

#9 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:50 PM

Did anyone notice a motorcycle cop randomly checking license plates along Cobble Ridge around noon today?

It was weird. My wife was driving out the garage to grab lunch, the cop was stopped outside and took down her license plate... very strange. I'm just wondering if someone has Police Vacation Watch.

It is entirely possible that your wife drives a vehicle much like a car that was described in a recent crime. If only portions of a plate number were identified (which is common), it is entirely possible the officer was writing down plate numbers of vehicles in a specific area that fit the parameters of the description.

#10 tony

tony

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:59 PM

You're joking, right? I can see them carrying 13 catalytic converters onto a light rail train at the historic district. That wouldn't catch anyone's attention, would it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users