Best News Yet That The Economy Is Improving

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:55 PM

AS underwear sales go up - so does the economy.. :)

Underwear Sales Increase, Suggesting A Rebounding Economy

WASHINGTON -- There is an old saying among economists that the best way to assess the state of the economy is to look at people's underwear.

OK, there's no such saying. But when he served as chairman of the Federal Reserve, Alan Greenspan did use the sales of male underpants as a way to take the temperature of the country's economic well being. And if the Maestro were to take a peek right now, he'd find evidence that things are gradually improving.

The NPD Group, Inc., a leading market research company, has shown an uptick in sales of men's underwear over the past year. Between Aug. 2010 and Aug. 2011, sales for all men's "underwear bottoms" were roughly $2.074 billion. In the period between Aug. 2011 and Aug. 2012, that number was $2.194 billion. That represents a 6 percent jump in sales from year to year.

More: http://www.huffingto..._n_1952214.html

Another great  day in the adventure of exploration and sight.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has"
-Margaret Mead-

#2 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:58 PM

The main reason for increase here in Ca is people are continuosly crapping their pants everytime they pay for gas or food.

#3 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:09 PM

The main reason for increase here in Ca is people are continuosly crapping their pants everytime they pay for gas or food.

Now that is funny - I cannot find the proper Emoticon- but very true and funny ...

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has"
-Margaret Mead-

#4 (MaxineR)

(MaxineR)
  • Visitors

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:20 PM

I could say something about who may be buying that underwear, but I値l behave. :who-me:

I could say something about who may be buying that underwear, but I値l behave. :who-me:

#5 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:23 PM

Ah Come on - you pick the most important topic of the day to go mute on ? Pleasure us with your view ...

-Margaret Mead-

#6 (MaxineR)

(MaxineR)
  • Visitors

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:38 PM

Ah Come on - you pick the most important topic of the day to go mute on ? Pleasure us with your view ...

Unlike some, I have the wisdom to not go where I know I will be demonized.

So, I値l keep it to myself. But nice try, tempting me into being bad. :P

#7 Carl G

Carl G

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:38 PM

I'm still waiting for the hemline index to improve. Another reason to vote for Romney.

#8 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:41 PM

I'm still waiting for the hemline index to improve. Another reason to vote for Romney.

Have you seen how Ann Romney dresses ? I would be Mitt would impose a knee length dress code if elected...
Now Michelle - she is a fine dresser...

-Margaret Mead-

#9 (MaxineR)

(MaxineR)
  • Visitors

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:12 PM

Have you seen how Ann Romney dresses ? I would be Mitt would impose a knee length dress code if elected...
Now Michelle - she is a fine dresser...

Style is according to one痴 taste.

Not an issue that is even worth addressing. Seems like an attempt to distract from the thread's topic. :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users