54 replies to this topic

#1 kprincesskate

kprincesskate

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 02:53 PM

My girls are really into the christmas lights this year. Does anyone know of a street that is decked out with holiday cheer? I would love to take them around to see some beautiful displays!

Thanks! biggrin.gif
The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it.

#2 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 04:25 PM

Dovewood Court in Orangevale is always a great spot.

#3 HiC

HiC

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Interests:I am a Christian who loves basketball, golf and baseball (go Giants).

Posted 28 November 2006 - 09:47 AM

There's a street in Lexington Hills that's always outstanding. It's off Prewett, near Silberhorn. Sorry, but I can't remember the street name. From Silberhorn, turn onto Prewett. Take your first right and then take your first left. The street is on the right. You might want to park and walk. The residents are also very open and friendly.

#4 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 10:02 AM

I second Dovewood Ct. It's fantastic!
"Ah, yes, those Gucci extremists and their Prada jihad!" --ducky

#5 kprincesskate

kprincesskate

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 01:02 PM

QUOTE(mylo @ Nov 28 2006, 10:02 AM) View Post

I second Dovewood Ct. It's fantastic!

Thanks! I will definently check it out!

QUOTE(HiC @ Nov 28 2006, 09:47 AM) View Post

There's a street in Lexington Hills that's always outstanding. It's off Prewett, near Silberhorn. Sorry, but I can't remember the street name. From Silberhorn, turn onto Prewett. Take your first right and then take your first left. The street is on the right. You might want to park and walk. The residents are also very open and friendly.

Great! I actually have a friend who lives in that neighbor hood.... we will have to drive by!
The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it.

#6 Al Waysrite

Al Waysrite

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 01:56 PM

QUOTE(kprincesskate @ Nov 28 2006, 01:02 PM) View Post

Thanks! I will definently check it out!
Great! I actually have a friend who lives in that neighbor hood.... we will have to drive by!

don't even try driving through the court. you'll miss half of what there is to see. park on the street (Walnut?) and walk through.

#7 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 28 November 2006 - 02:10 PM

We love Dovewood Court. They usually conduct a canned food drive as well (bins located at the far end of the court) so bring some food. We always park a few blocks away and walk so we can take our time. It's the best light display we've seen.
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#8 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 02:37 PM

here's a thread from last year... jagayman even has a map on it! Woo!
http://www.tomatopag...?showtopic=3154

#9 Howdy

Howdy

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 10:23 AM

There are those couple streets behind the Bel Air in Stanford Ranch that go all out every year.

#10 Sandman

Sandman

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 08:30 AM

I just caught on the news last night a house in Carmichael (can't remember the street) where the guy put about 30K into his lighting system. He hired a software engineer to come in and program the lights to music. He has an FM transmitter in his yard that will tune to 107.1 on your car stereo. Talk about going all out......

#11 FolsomBarb

FolsomBarb

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 08:45 AM

QUOTE(Sandman @ Nov 30 2006, 08:30 AM) View Post

I just caught on the news last night a house in Carmichael (can't remember the street) where the guy put about 30K into his lighting system. He hired a software engineer to come in and program the lights to music. He has an FM transmitter in his yard that will tune to 107.1 on your car stereo. Talk about going all out......

I saw that on the news last night also (Channel 3, 11pm news). I jotted down the address..... it is 6425 Meadowhill Drive, Carmichael. There also was a date when it starts officially, but don't remember what that date was. I tried going to www.kcra.com to find the info, but couldn't find it anywhere on their site this morning.
I assume full responsibility for my actions, except the ones that are someone else's fault.

#12 petro

petro

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 08:49 AM

there is a street in Roseville, I think its called Pebble Creek Drive and Strand Drive. It is like a circle drive that is nothing but Disney characters. You can Walk or drive, Always see lots of Limos there. Its close to the corner of Stanford Ranch and Sunset Blvd. in Stanford Ranch.

Another is Orelle Creek Ct close to Wachtel andAuburn Road in Citrus Heights.

Has anyone ever taken the Christmas eve drive through the housing development accross from Beals Point recreation area. The entire development is lined with lumineries and many houses are decorated, a few Dramatically.

Then there is one house on the corner of Byrne ct and IllsleyWay in Folsom.

#13 FolsomBarb

FolsomBarb

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 09:14 AM

There is a map at this link with some houses on a map, including the one from the news last night. It says they'll be adding more houses as people send in the info.....

http://www.kcra.com/...420/detail.html
I assume full responsibility for my actions, except the ones that are someone else's fault.

#14 Howdy

Howdy

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 09:57 AM

QUOTE(petro @ Nov 30 2006, 08:49 AM) View Post

there is a street in Roseville, I think its called Pebble Creek Drive and Strand Drive. It is like a circle drive that is nothing but Disney characters. You can Walk or drive, Always see lots of Limos there. Its close to the corner of Stanford Ranch and Sunset Blvd. in Stanford Ranch.

Thats the streets of the one in Rocklin I was refering to. It seems easier to just park at the Bel Air and walk. You would see much more that way than driving. There has to be 100 houses that are decorated. Some a lot more than others. There is that one person that converts his 3rd car garage into a scene with an automated Santa. A couple years ago one guy had a x-mas tree busting through his second story roof. To me its not worth the effort to go to that court in Orangevale when its easier to go up to Rocklin for the same effort and see 10 times as much.

#15 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 10:05 AM

Down in the Elmhurst neighborhood of Sacramento, there's an awesome couple of blocks of lights. I think it's about T Street & 53rd Street. Definintely worth the trip. Get out of your car and walk around. Oftentimes there's a Santa out giving out candy to the kids.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users