Accident On East Bidwell

• Please log in to reply
252 replies to this topic

#31 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 09:47 AM

C'mon guys, you can get more speculative and accusative than this! This is weak. Where are the unsubstantiated rumours that she was a known crankhead? Where's the analysis of the tire marks at the crash scene?

Or, we could try something new; Let the police and courts do their job, pray for the children in recovery, and wait for the real news to come out.
"Ah, yes, those Gucci extremists and their Prada jihad!" --ducky

#32 bookwom

bookwom

Superstar

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 09:48 AM

QUOTE (mylo @ Jan 28 2010, 09:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
C'mon guys, you can get more speculative and accusative than this! This is weak. Where are the unsubstantiated rumours than she was a known crankhead? Where's the analysis of the tire marks at the crash scene?

Or, we could try something new; Let the police and courts do their job, pray for the children in recovery, and wait for the real news to come out.

Shocking, revolutionary,....but it might just work!
I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.

#33 baltimore?

baltimore?

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 09:50 AM

C'mon guys, you can get more speculative and accusative than this! This is weak. Where are the unsubstantiated rumours that she was a known crankhead? Where's the analysis of the tire marks at the crash scene?

Exactly....
I am going to keep changing this every time someone points out a flaw or misspelled werd....

#34 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 28 January 2010 - 09:51 AM

well said my friend, only the police will be able to tell for sure what was going on in that lady's head and what caused her to do what she did.

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#35 Folsom Guy

Folsom Guy

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,311 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 09:57 AM

You are a good man Davburr...

QUOTE (davburr @ Jan 27 2010, 10:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was there (on my home from FLC), I was right next to the car that got hit - it was horrific! worse accident I've ever seen in my life - it ripped one car in half and tore the roof off it as it rolled over

Here's what happened - some lady was heading east on Bidwell in a Mercedes with her lights off and speeding (someone said around 70mph) - I saw her coming into the left turn lane (facing me) and she started turning, I honked at her because I knew she was going to make the turn against the red and I sped up to get past her just before she turned in front of me, I made it but the truck next to me didn't - that truck t-boned the mercedes dead on.

The mercedes was speeding, with her lights off and turned against the red light right in front of oncoming traffic - I barely missed being the one who hit her

The accident was so powerful it spun the truck around and ripped the mercedes in half and flipped it - it was horrible, I've never seen such a bad accident.

I pulled over right away and ran back to help anyone I could while calling 911.

there were kids screaming in the mercedes - and blood all over them. There were three kids, one in what was left of the back seat and two in the trunk area which looks to me like they weren't seat belted. One of the kids was hurt really bad. A bunch of people stopped to help and thank God the police got there right away - kudos to Folsom PD for getting there within a minute or two - they truly rock!

I just couldn't believe the lady in the mercedes was driving without her lights on, speeding and turning against a red light - right smack in front of all oncoming traffic, I swear she was drunk or on something to be driving like that - there is no excuse - and to make matters horrifically worse - she had kids in her car!

The whole time all she seemed to care about was picking up her purse that had the contents scattered about the street - it really pissed me off she didn't seem to care at all about the kids, but in a time like that I can't really say anything, it was a horrible accident and she was in shock and unable to think.

Fortunately everyone will live and the driver of the truck seemed ok except for a very bruised knee and severe shock. Nobody will be driving either car again, they are both totaled. I took pix of both vehicles for the truck driver and gave my info to her and to the PD to serve as a witness. Another witness came up and said the mercedes was also driving erratically and hit the center divider several times before making that insane turn.

This was all entirely the fault of the mercedes driver, something is seriously wrong with her, there was no need for this accident to happen

Be careful out there folks and keep your eyes open looking around in 360 degrees at all time so you know what's going on around you - if I hadn't noticed the car without the lights on, it would have been me - man, I thank my lucky stars I made it out - but please say a prayer for the kids.. they're going to have one very long and painful night

#36 chris v

chris v

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 10:18 AM

QUOTE (baltimore? @ Jan 28 2010, 09:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Seriously, let's not jump to conclusions. The first thing I thought of when reading that she was driving that fast and erratically was that perhaps she was trying to get herself and her kids away from an abusive spouse / father. I know of no mother that would intentionally put her kids in danger like that (sure there are scarce instances) so I would rather give her the benefit of the doubt.

If in fact, she was DUI, or something along those lines, by all means throw the book at her.

Ok, based on daves statements then... she was driving about 70mph with no headlights, driving crazy... that deserves an arse kicking on its own. She put others lives in danger.. extremely selfish.

#37 baltimore?

baltimore?

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 10:23 AM

QUOTE (chris v @ Jan 28 2010, 10:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok, based on daves statements then... she was driving about 70mph with no headlights, driving crazy... that deserves an arse kicking on its own. She put others lives in danger.. extremely selfish.

Ok then Chris, go kick her a$$, make us all proud!
I am going to keep changing this every time someone points out a flaw or misspelled werd....

#38 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 10:25 AM

Has the driver of either one of the vehicles been identified?

Are they Folsom residents?

Could they be a neighbor or one of the kids be in one of our childrens classes?

#39 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 28 January 2010 - 10:30 AM

QUOTE (baltimore? @ Jan 28 2010, 10:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok then Chris, go kick her a$$, make us all proud!

I agree with Chris, I wanted to yell at her and ring her neck, wtf was she thinking! ... but nobody knows for sure, the police are the professionals who will sort it all out

QUOTE (supermom @ Jan 28 2010, 10:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Has the driver of either one of the vehicles been identified?

Are they Folsom residents?

Could they be a neighbor or one of the kids be in one of our childrens classes?

The gal in the durango was a local, not sure about the mercedes driver

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#40 chris v

chris v

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 10:37 AM

The bottom line is this... whether the Mercedes driver meant to or not, she put everyone driving on that road in danger as well as the people in her car. That is unforgivable, especially because she did bodily harm to others. I hope shes reading this right now. I hope she feels every ounce of guilt she deserves.

#41 baltimore?

baltimore?

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 10:38 AM

QUOTE (davburr @ Jan 28 2010, 10:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree with Chris, I wanted to yell at her and ring her neck, wtf was she thinking! ... but nobody knows for sure, the police are the professionals who will sort it all out

The gal in the durango was a local, not sure about the mercedes driver

Thats all i'm saying. Let them sort it out. If everyone has their suspicions confirmed, we can have the first public flogging on Sutter Street when it is done with the revitilization! What an opening act!

#42 eVader

eVader

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 10:38 AM

QUOTE (davburr @ Jan 28 2010, 09:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well said my friend, only the police will be able to tell for sure what was going on in that lady's head and what caused her to do what she did.

Agree with mylo and dave
Like many tragic events, we will need to wait for the police and possibly doctors to determine the "why" - was it DUI (drugs or alcohol), illness, sleep deprived or someone in a rush?

If it's one good thing out of this is that Folsom has some good people - Dave for assisting where he can, police response time and actions, this forum for good thoughts to those involved (hopefully no kerplunking will follow).

#43 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 11:22 AM

Yes, the description of the incidence leading up to the crash clearly sounds like the mercedes driver is 100% at fault. But i really hesitate to read too much into her frantic search for her purse contents. Maybe it means something, maybe it doesn't. Severe shock can cause hallucinations and even the police may never understand what was going through her head, or maybe they will if they find incriminating evidence. Besides shock, high fevers can also cause hallucinations. Onetime when I was in junior high, I got sick with a high fever. I was sleeping while my parents went grocery shopping. When they got back, they woke me up to ask me how I was doing. I kept asking them if I still needed to have my head clamped in the woodshop vices to get better. I was hallucinating that I had been going to school and the shop teacher had to tighten these large vices on my head to make my illness go away. I've also had halluciantions from bad asthma attacks where my brain was getting oxygen deprived. I've thought if I could just get my breathing to work like an electronics resonant tank circuit, my breathing would improve. So you never know what strange thoughts may have been going on in the ladies head. She may have thought if she got everything back into her purse, that that would make everything be OK, like it would miracullously make the kids OK, make the car OK, etc. The mind can really do funny things sometimes.

BTW, Dave, glad you are OK, and thanks for posting more info than we probably will get from the media. I was falling asleep last night when the news report came, I remember seeing it and hearing East Bidwell in Folsom, but then a commercial break came and I lost conscienceness.
I would rather be Backpacking

#44 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 11:46 AM

Sacbee article

Not much new info, but I think the last line is missing a word.

It appeared that everyone except one child was seriously hurt, Browning said.

Based on everything else I've heard & read, it seems the word "not" is missing from that last line.

I think it should read "It appeared that everyone except one child was not seriously hurt".

I would rather be Backpacking

#45 OceanGirl

OceanGirl

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • Interests:The ocean, boogie boarding, biking, martial arts, camping, hiking, skiing- pretty much anything outdoors, family, pets

Posted 28 January 2010 - 11:59 AM

Wow- I can't even imagine having witnessed that Dave- so glad you are okay.

Yesterday was my birthday and I came up upon the road blocked off after driving home from Borders up East Bidwell where I was using up a Christmas gift certificate. Whenever there is a wreck of any kind that I come up upon (and I know this is weird), I always think to myself.........what delayed me from being there when the wreck occurred- well.......I was leaving Borders and my Dad called me to wish me a happy birthday. I sat in the parking lot and talked to him for about 20 minutes. Who really knows........but I just thank God that I wasn't a part of this horrific accident.

Will keep those involved in my prayers.

I like to reminisce with people I don't know
~Steven Wright~

http://www.waterfallswest.com

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users