24 replies to this topic

#16 firemedic238

firemedic238

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 12:02 PM

OMG some of you sound like little kids!!!! It was an honest question on a board for the Parkway. I too would like to know it and when it starts. My kids have a great time riding bikes and pulling there little sister and her friends in a wagon. The parade last for about 30 mins to an hour As far as the Cops and Fire Dept leading the way, more power to them. It’s costing you NOTHING. As with the Santa thing, it’s staffed mainly by volunteers. If there’s a fire or the police are needed trust me, anyone on-duty will leave the parade at once! One of the things I see posted here all the time is the small town values of Folsom, A neighborhood 4th of July parade is about a small town as you get!

There are a lot of events in Folsom that I don't attend that my tax dollars support It's just part of life.

#17 StevePT

StevePT

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 09:04 PM

Thank you firemedic238, well said!!!

#18 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 05:22 AM

QUOTE (StevePT @ Jun 30 2010, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thank you firemedic238, well said!!!

Yes, duly noted, firemedic238.

So, StevePT, did you ever find out what time the parade starts?

#19 rlsliger

rlsliger

Superstar

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 08:04 AM

QUOTE (ducky @ Jul 1 2010, 06:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, duly noted, firemedic238.

So, StevePT, did you ever find out what time the parade starts?

We've been in the Parkway since 2004 and I believe it's always started in Eschleman Court around 9:00am. Haven't seen any info for it this year.

#20 MikeinFolsom

MikeinFolsom

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 05:32 PM

10am Eschelman court. The engines used are either guys on their time off volunteering to do the parade, or the engine from the closest station leads the parade, but if a call comes in they have to leave.

I can't believe you think it is a HUGE waste of resources. They lead parades for the kids around their neighborhoods. It isn't Parkway specific, you just have to get up off your butt and organize one for YOUR neighborhood. Quit sitting on the sidelines waiting for someone else to do it.

I'd hate to live in your world.

#21 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 08:41 PM

QUOTE (MikeinFolsom @ Jul 1 2010, 06:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
10am Eschelman court. The engines used are either guys on their time off volunteering to do the parade, or the engine from the closest station leads the parade, but if a call comes in they have to leave.

I can't believe you think it is a HUGE waste of resources. They lead parades for the kids around their neighborhoods. It isn't Parkway specific, you just have to get up off your butt and organize one for YOUR neighborhood. Quit sitting on the sidelines waiting for someone else to do it.

I'd hate to live in your world.

Who said it was a HUGE waste of resources???? My only concern was about response times, but since it is in the morning my concern has been addressed.

#22 MikeinFolsom

MikeinFolsom

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 09:21 PM

Yep, confirmed it. 10am in Eschelman Court.

#23 StevePT

StevePT

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 07:58 AM

Thank you Mike!!!! I was not able to find out any information on it so you saved the day. I did call the HOA but they are not affiliated with it and knew nothing if it was happening this year. We will be there at 10!!

#24 MikeinFolsom

MikeinFolsom

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 01:49 PM

Look for something to be maybe posted tonight?

#25 StevePT

StevePT

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:53 PM

Ha ha, we had a flier on our door tonight saying just what you said Mike for start time and location. Thanks again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users