#1 firemedic238

firemedic238

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 02:08 PM

Attention all cat owners
We just had to bail or cat out of the pound because one of our neighbor's here in the Parkway was so upset that my kids cat killed a rabbit and left it on his door step. I would have been more then happy to clean it up. Instead my wife gets a call from the pound telling us our cats in the pound. He knows it's our cat and the cat has a tag and phone number on it. He has never talked to us about it.

#2 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 02:23 PM

QUOTE(firemedic238 @ May 23 2007, 03:08 PM) View Post
Attention all cat owners
We just had to bail or cat out of the pound because one of our neighbor's here in the Parkway was so upset that my kids cat killed a rabbit and left it on his door step. I would have been more then happy to clean it up. Instead my wife gets a call from the pound telling us our cats in the pound. He knows it's our cat and the cat has a tag and phone number on it. He has never talked to us about it.

Was it his Rabbit ? Even if it wasn't- I would too consider the same for a mad rabbit eating cat... it could have been our small dog instead of a Rabbit or worse a small human baby --

We are about to get some traps for the two new "stray" cats that started using our yard if their owner ( next door ) doesn't take care of them ---

#3 bishmasterb

bishmasterb

MyFolsom Loser

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,563 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 02:57 PM

QUOTE(folsom500 @ May 23 2007, 03:23 PM) View Post
Was it his Rabbit ? Even if it wasn't- I would too consider the same for a mad rabbit eating cat... it could have been our small dog instead of a Rabbit or worse a small human baby --

Nothing like wild hyperbole. "Baby eating cats running wild in the Parkway! Run for your life!!!!"

Seriously, cats like chasing and killing small furry things. It's sort of what they were designed to do. The Parkway has plenty of wild rabbits running around.

It's that whole circle of life thing.

#4 Eric

Eric

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 03:02 PM

man, your cat is thoughtful enough to get your neighbor a present & that's how he's thanked? wink.gif

#5 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 03:14 PM

QUOTE(bishmasterb @ May 23 2007, 03:57 PM) View Post
The Parkway has plenty of wild rabbits running around.

It's that whole circle of life thing.

I didnt know that - we don't have rabbits running wild in Natomas Station--- must be a CCR thing smile.gif

#6 Al Waysrite

Al Waysrite

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 03:18 PM

We are about to get some traps for the two new "stray" cats that started using our yard if their owner ( next door ) doesn't take care of them ---

Wow, you share the same warm heart for animals as Michael Vick.

#7 tweety29108

tweety29108

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 03:27 PM

QUOTE(firemedic238 @ May 23 2007, 02:08 PM) View Post
Attention all cat owners

I dont know if you know this or not but a cat killing a rabbit, a bird, a mouse and leaving it on the door step is their way of saying thank you. It seriously is what cats do to please their owners. So yes I think STRAY cats should be taken care of because if not they keep having kittens and noone takes care of them, but if it belongs to someone and has a tag, come on its not that hard to pick up the phone and talk. Thats whats wrong with the world, noone talks anymore, most people just gets mean and go straight for punishment of the other person.

http://www.xmission....lbox/whycat.htm
» Why does your cat bring you dead or dying creatures?
There are at least four differing theories on this behavior:
- Your cat is bringing you a present, in appreciation for you feeding it or as a sign of affection.
- Your cat realizes you are a totally incompetent mouser and is trying to educate you.
- The cat is bringing her prey home to where it is safe, where she usually eats.
- The cat is simply trying to make sure you have fresh food.

#8 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 03:33 PM

QUOTE(Al Waysrite @ May 23 2007, 04:18 PM) View Post
Wow, you share the same warm heart for animals as Michael Vick.

When you are taking care of 500 birds of 20 types - you have to set your priorities ... simple as that

who is Michael Vick ?
Cheers
Ken

#9 firemedic238

firemedic238

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 07:11 PM

QUOTE(folsom500 @ May 23 2007, 04:33 PM) View Post
When you are taking care of 500 birds of 20 types - you have to set your priorities ... simple as that

who is Michael Vick ?
Cheers
Ken

No it was not his rabbit. It was a parkway bunny.

#10 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 07:20 PM

QUOTE(bishmasterb @ May 23 2007, 03:57 PM) View Post
Nothing like wild hyperbole. "Baby eating cats running wild in the Parkway! Run for your life!!!!"

BEWARE OF BABY EATING CATS IN THE PARKWAY!!!

This one make a coat out of baby skin!

Stalking his prey:

"Ah, yes, those Gucci extremists and their Prada jihad!" --ducky

#11 old soldier

old soldier

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 07:38 PM

if the old cat is hunting in the parkway maybe it will run into mr coyotte and become a meal....thats the jungle of life.

i kike rabbits better than cats

#12 EAH

EAH

Superstar

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 07:48 PM

Please Ken, make sure it is a humane trap.
If they are truley stray cats you are doing them a favor if you trap them HUMANELY and animal control can handle the rest. If they are your neighbors cats, learn from the myriad of posts on this site and COMMUNICATE with your neighbors first.

#13 tweety29108

tweety29108

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 09:00 PM

QUOTE(EAH @ May 23 2007, 07:48 PM) View Post
If they are truley stray cats you are doing them a favor if you trap them HUMANELY and animal control can handle the rest. If they are your neighbors cats, learn from the myriad of posts on this site and COMMUNICATE with your neighbors first.

GOD BLESS YOU !!!!!!!!!

#14 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 07:17 AM

QUOTE(EAH @ May 23 2007, 08:48 PM) View Post

I would let them know of course. And only use the traps supplied by the pound if that didnt work.

Cheer
F500

#15 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 08:03 AM

QUOTE(tweety29108 @ May 23 2007, 04:27 PM) View Post
I dont know if you know this or not but a cat killing a rabbit, a bird, a mouse and leaving it on the door step is their way of saying thank you. It seriously is what cats do to please their owners. So yes I think STRAY cats should be taken care of because if not they keep having kittens and noone takes care of them, but if it belongs to someone and has a tag, come on its not that hard to pick up the phone and talk. Thats whats wrong with the world, noone talks anymore, most people just gets mean and go straight for punishment of the other person.

http://www.xmission....lbox/whycat.htm
» Why does your cat bring you dead or dying creatures?
There are at least four differing theories on this behavior:
- Your cat is bringing you a present, in appreciation for you feeding it or as a sign of affection.
- Your cat realizes you are a totally incompetent mouser and is trying to educate you.
- The cat is bringing her prey home to where it is safe, where she usually eats.
- The cat is simply trying to make sure you have fresh food.

+1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users