19 replies to this topic

#16 tgianco

tgianco

Living Legend

• 4,152 posts
  • Interests:Baseball, soccer, football, poker, wine, good food, reading

Posted 28 January 2008 - 06:39 PM

QUOTE(palango @ Jan 28 2008, 03:16 PM) View Post
Actually, El Dorado County has plans to widen Latrobe road. The Blackstone developers have paid $20million to the county for road improvements.

here is the link for the ED county traffic plans.

http://www.co.el-dor...et.asp?UC=72402

Well, developers paid extra fees to finish all the parks in Folsom... that hasn't exactly worked like promised. I wouldn't hold my breath if I was those moving into Blackstone.
In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.

#17 palango

palango

unknown soldier

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 08:50 AM

QUOTE(tgianco @ Jan 28 2008, 06:39 PM) View Post
Well, developers paid extra fees to finish all the parks in Folsom... that hasn't exactly worked like promised. I wouldn't hold my breath if I was those moving into Blackstone.

You are so right about that. Due to the budget shortgae, If I were a city, I would redirect those funds and take care of the budget crisis instead of building roads and infrustructure.

#18 tgianco

tgianco

Living Legend

• 4,152 posts
  • Interests:Baseball, soccer, football, poker, wine, good food, reading

Posted 09 February 2008 - 09:19 AM

QUOTE(palango @ Jan 27 2008, 09:36 PM) View Post
The difference between Blackstone (lennar) and the Elliott home sin Folsom is that the Elliott ones have very low HOA compared to something like $150 per month @ Blackstone. The builders have stated that there are plans to widen Latrobe road, but Builders can be like used cars folks.

Because I was impressed with the homes at Blackstone (well, the Lennar homes) and because of what you posted, I decided to check out the New Riata yesterday.

Boy, was I vastly underwhelmed with the Elliott homes. The layouts absolutely blow and the prices were ridiculous. Not only that, but they also touted their interior upgrade plans, which were a joke compared to all that's included in the Lennar homes.

In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.

#19 realtor

realtor

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • Interests:Real Estate, Tennis, Dancing, Travel, interesting stuff and things to do.

Posted 09 February 2008 - 08:23 PM

QUOTE(tgianco @ Feb 9 2008, 09:19 AM) View Post
Because I was impressed with the homes at Blackstone (well, the Lennar homes) and because of what you posted, I decided to check out the New Riata yesterday.

Boy, was I vastly underwhelmed with the Elliott homes. The layouts absolutely blow and the prices were ridiculous. Not only that, but they also touted their interior upgrade plans, which were a joke compared to all that's included in the Lennar homes.

I'm so glad to hear you say that! As a Realtor I have many ways to go with this discussion but I'll stay on topic...
Yes, the floorplans are the same old tired floorplans Elliott has been foisting off on the good citizens of Folsom for the past 15 years! Do you realize that you can purchase an "original" Chelsea in Broadstone I which is the same floorplan as the one in Broadstone III ?
It's bad enough that Folsom is now starting to look like Daly City...roof after roof (on the way to the airport) but we somehow are expected to applaud the "new" subdivisions. Give me a break! Let's face it, Elliott got a sweet deal here in Folsom...I wonder how he did it?

#20 palango

palango

unknown soldier

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 10:24 PM

QUOTE(tgianco @ Feb 9 2008, 09:19 AM) View Post

Let me say that the prices in Blackstone for a Solar home are unbelievable. I have no idea when the market is going to bottom out, but if I had $$$, I would invest . Buy low, sell high. I dont care whether its Stocks or Real estate. Of course its not for the faint hearted and there are tons of risks associated with it.

You are absolutely correct in saying that if you were to compare the Elliott homes in folsom to Lennar in EDH, it is not even close. Design, upgrades, price, SOLAR, its not even close. The only advantage is that the Elliott Folsom has no to low HOA.

What has really surprised me is that Elliott's prices are STILL sky high in this horrible market. All the other builders have dramatically dropped prices and are giving screaming deals all around, but Elliott is waaaaay overpriced.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users