29 replies to this topic

#1 EDH Jen

EDH Jen

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,852 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 08:53 AM

The 11 year old son of a friend of mine was headed home yesterday (3/6) from the skate park at the EDH CSD (the back way through a neighborhood shortcut into Stonegate’s Fitzroy Court) with a buddy. His friend had to run back for his jacket, so he proceeded on his own into the court. There was a black van parked in the court and the boy waved at the driver out of courtesy because the guy was looking at him. The man asked him to come talk to him but her son kept walking. He said the van followed him and was doing sort of slow “S” curves staying behind him and again said, “Come on, help me out”. Her son was then turning left onto Brisbane Circle and the guy asked again, but at that moment a women walked by on her way to the mail box and looked at the guy in the van. The van made a sharp U-turn on Brisbane and sped away quickly. The guy driving was a white guy in his 40’s or 50’s with a long grayish beard and longer hair. The van was black and had windows on the drivers and another set behind, but no windows on the back. It had California plates and had a sticker on a window of a red stick man with a conversation bubble that said, “Hi”.

They filed a report with the Sheriff’s office, notified their neighbors, and sent an email out to the rest of us EDH parents. Since Folsom isn't very far from EDH, I figure I would pass along the information, since the description was fairly detailed. The Sheriff has circulate the description to all their officers, but I'm unsure whether this gets communicated to the Folsom PD.

#2 Orangetj

Orangetj

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 10:21 AM

Scary stuff. Thanks for sharing.

#3 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 07 March 2008 - 10:23 AM

Thanks for the heads up Jen - I'll keep an eye out for that black van around here

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#4 Nancy

Nancy

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 10:38 AM

I just forwarded this to my daughter's school. Too scary.

#5 Chad Vander Veen

Chad Vander Veen

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,209 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 10:46 AM

Maybe it was the A-team

/deh dehdeh deh, dunh dunh dunnnh.

#6 ngilbert

ngilbert

Rainbow Bridge Troll

• Premium Member
  • 5,368 posts
  • Interests:filling out questionaires

Posted 07 March 2008 - 12:28 PM

QUOTE(EDH Jen @ Mar 7 2008, 08:53 AM) View Post
...and had a sticker on a window of a red stick man with a conversation bubble that said, “Hi”.

For some reason, that part of the description adds an even extra layer of creepyness to the guy for me

*shudder*

thx for the heads-up
"Here's the last toast of the evening: Here's to those who still believe. All the losers will be winners, all the givers will receive. Here's to trouble-free tomorrows, may your sorrows all be small. Here's to the losers: bless them all
Sinatra "Here's to the Losers"

#7 ChipShot

ChipShot

Golfer-In-Chief

• Banned
  • 5,992 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 12:40 PM

I thought all 11 year olds these days had those camera phones. Well, my neices do anyway, but don't get me started on that.
I have opinions, you have opinions. We'll just call it even...is that OK ??

#8 OceanGirl

OceanGirl

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • Interests:The ocean, boogie boarding, biking, martial arts, camping, hiking, skiing- pretty much anything outdoors, family, pets

Posted 07 March 2008 - 12:46 PM

I have a phobia of vans in general.......I guess it comes from Silence of the Lambs or from hearing somewhere that serial killers drive vans.......I won't even park near one. Thanks for the info!!
I like to reminisce with people I don't know
~Steven Wright~

http://www.waterfallswest.com

#9 Jenncez

Jenncez

Your Local Scentsy & Thirty-One Consultant

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 12:49 PM

How scary!! And the sticker thing does make it more creepy!
I like the idea of the florescent colored license plates that I saw on the news last night. Too bad they don't think they'd work.

#10 ngilbert

ngilbert

Rainbow Bridge Troll

• Premium Member
  • 5,368 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 01:21 PM

QUOTE(OceanGirl @ Mar 7 2008, 12:46 PM) View Post
I have a phobia of vans in general.......I guess it comes from Silence of the Lambs or from hearing somewhere that serial killers drive vans.......I won't even park near one. Thanks for the info!!

My brother once said to me that it's the 90% of van drivers who are dangerous predators who ruin it for the 10% who aren't smile.gif

(ducking)
"Here's the last toast of the evening: Here's to those who still believe. All the losers will be winners, all the givers will receive. Here's to trouble-free tomorrows, may your sorrows all be small. Here's to the losers: bless them all

#11 ChipShot

ChipShot

Golfer-In-Chief

• Banned
  • 5,992 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 01:25 PM

QUOTE(ngilbert @ Mar 7 2008, 01:21 PM) View Post
My brother once said to me that it's the 90% of van drivers who are dangerous predators who ruin it for the 10% who aren't smile.gif

(ducking)

Nahhh, I'm not a predator....I'm just mellow, man...

[attachment=1738:van.jpg]

I have opinions, you have opinions. We'll just call it even...is that OK ??

#12 ngilbert

ngilbert

Rainbow Bridge Troll

• Premium Member
  • 5,368 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 01:43 PM

QUOTE(ChipShot @ Mar 7 2008, 01:25 PM) View Post

Oh, you're a predator alright. The Predator of Groove, man.

Heh heh eh-heh heh heh.

Hey, quit bogarting the Cheeto's, bro.

#13 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 02:49 PM

QUOTE(ChipShot @ Mar 7 2008, 01:25 PM) View Post

Reminds me of Fillmore from Cars.

Yeah, I know, I watch too many movies with my son.
I would rather be Backpacking

#14 hopeanelli

hopeanelli

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts
  • Interests:Drag Racing, Motocross, boating and my boys....

Posted 07 March 2008 - 02:55 PM

QUOTE(EDH Jen @ Mar 7 2008, 08:53 AM) View Post
The 11 year old son of a friend of mine was headed home yesterday (3/6) from the skate park at the EDH CSD (the back way through a neighborhood shortcut into Stonegate’s Fitzroy Court) with a buddy. His friend had to run back for his jacket, so he proceeded on his own into the court. There was a black van parked in the court and the boy waved at the driver out of courtesy because the guy was looking at him. The man asked him to come talk to him but her son kept walking. He said the van followed him and was doing sort of slow “S” curves staying behind him and again said, “Come on, help me out”. Her son was then turning left onto Brisbane Circle and the guy asked again, but at that moment a women walked by on her way to the mail box and looked at the guy in the van. The van made a sharp U-turn on Brisbane and sped away quickly. The guy driving was a white guy in his 40’s or 50’s with a long grayish beard and longer hair. The van was black and had windows on the drivers and another set behind, but no windows on the back. It had California plates and had a sticker on a window of a red stick man with a conversation bubble that said, “Hi”.

They filed a report with the Sheriff’s office, notified their neighbors, and sent an email out to the rest of us EDH parents. Since Folsom isn't very far from EDH, I figure I would pass along the information, since the description was fairly detailed. The Sheriff has circulate the description to all their officers, but I'm unsure whether this gets communicated to the Folsom PD.

Thanks for posting my sister in law/brother in law live up there with 4 kids gave her the heads up its great to be able to pass this kind of stuff on you never know enough people aware and paying attention may catch this freak....

#15 EDH Jen

EDH Jen

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,852 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 03:49 PM

QUOTE(hopeanelli @ Mar 7 2008, 02:55 PM) View Post
Thanks for posting my sister in law/brother in law live up there with 4 kids gave her the heads up its great to be able to pass this kind of stuff on you never know enough people aware and paying attention may catch this freak....

I figure the more people who know about it, the safer our kids are.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users