New Italian Place in Tahoe Joe's location

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:11 PM

Just saw this on my facebook page for Natoma Station--- anyone hear any more ?

The September 5, 2012 Planning Commission meeting will have 2 items on the agenda regarding businesses in Natoma Station. If you have concerns or questions you can contact the Planner for each project.
The proposals are to be heard at 6:30 under:
NEW BUSINESS:

2. PN12-243, Skipolini's Italian Restaurant, PC Design Review, 191 Blue Ravine
The applicant, Jeff Cazaly on behalf of Skipolini’s Restaurant, is requesting Commercial Design Review approval for exterior modifications to an existing 7,094-square-foot commercial building (former Tahoe Joe’s Restaurant) located at 191 Blue Ravine Road. The project is categorically exempt from the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) under Section 15301 (Existing Facilities) of the CEQA Guidelines. Proposed modifications to the existing commercial building include: repainting the exterior of the building, addition of stone veneer to the building façade, replacement of existing river rock columns with stone veneer columns, addition of decorative windows/shutters, replacement of an existing wood patio fence, addition of lattice work, expansion of the outdoor patio area including a new outdoor fireplace, and installation of a children’s play structure with lattice cover. Interior tenant improvements are also proposed and are required to go through the City’s Building Permit process. (Cazaly Consulting, Jeff Cazaly, 759 West Alluvial, #101, Fresno, CA 93711)

Another great  day in the adventure of exploration and sight.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has"
-Margaret Mead-

#2 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:39 PM

Just saw this on my facebook page for Natoma Station--- anyone hear any more ?

The September 5, 2012 Planning Commission meeting will have 2 items on the agenda regarding businesses in Natoma Station. If you have concerns or questions you can contact the Planner for each project.
The proposals are to be heard at 6:30 under:
NEW BUSINESS:

2. PN12-243, Skipolini's Italian Restaurant, PC Design Review, 191 Blue Ravine
The applicant, Jeff Cazaly on behalf of Skipolini’s Restaurant, is requesting Commercial Design Review approval for exterior modifications to an existing 7,094-square-foot commercial building (former Tahoe Joe’s Restaurant) located at 191 Blue Ravine Road. The project is categorically exempt from the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) under Section 15301 (Existing Facilities) of the CEQA Guidelines. Proposed modifications to the existing commercial building include: repainting the exterior of the building, addition of stone veneer to the building façade, replacement of existing river rock columns with stone veneer columns, addition of decorative windows/shutters, replacement of an existing wood patio fence, addition of lattice work, expansion of the outdoor patio area including a new outdoor fireplace, and installation of a children’s play structure with lattice cover. Interior tenant improvements are also proposed and are required to go through the City’s Building Permit process. (Cazaly Consulting, Jeff Cazaly, 759 West Alluvial, #101, Fresno, CA 93711)

a children's play area in a restaurant? it's a pizza place that sounds like Chuckie Cheese blended with round table.

http://www.skipolinispizza.com/menu.php
Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#3 bordercolliefan

bordercolliefan

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,596 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:08 PM

a children's play area in a restaurant? it's a pizza place that sounds like Chuckie Cheese blended with round table.

http://www.skipolinispizza.com/menu.php

Oh, dear. When I saw the topic, I thought maybe we were getting a nice, romantic Northern Italian restaurant... this sounds awful.

#4 Stop South of 50

Stop South of 50

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:17 PM

Ummmm, not even close to an italian restaurant.

Italian restaurants DON'T serve chicken wings!

#5 jpow5

jpow5

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:41 PM

if you look at the photo galleries of their current locations, it actually looks like a fun, family-friendly place. The Antioch location has an outdoor play area, it's more like a small playground structure, not like McD's tunnel things. It would be great to eat outside and have the kids play while waiting for the food. It's got to be better than a vacant lot, right?!

#6 marianna

marianna

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 06:21 PM

The original Skipolini's Pizza is located in Clayton, CA which was the first city we lived in when we moved to California. It's success led Skip opening new locations in Walnut Creek and Antioch. The one in Roseville was opened by his son several years ago and is doing well. They have great pizza and I understand the lasagna is quite good. Just a note to add that Skip's grandson won a bronze medal in diving in the London Olympics. I'm pretty excited to have a touch of home come to Folsom.

#7 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:00 PM

that's good to hear. I have a lot of young pizza eaters in my life these days so it will be nice to have a fun place to take them.
Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#8 Darth Lefty

Darth Lefty

Disco Infiltrator

• No Politics!
  • 5,578 posts
  • Interests:Volunteer with a service club like Active 20-30, and you CAN make a difference!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:05 PM

If it has a robotic animal band I'm so there
"I enjoy a bit of cooking, and this has always worried me. But it's OK. I only like it because it allows me to play with knives." - James May

Genesis 49:16-17
http://www.active2030folsom.org

#9 Sandman

Sandman

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:38 AM

Anything is better than an empty deteriorating building. Folsomites REALLY need to lighten up... Save your comments for the first week of opening.

#10 (The Dude)

(The Dude)
  • Visitors

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:41 AM

The menu looks good to me. Dunno why everyone is pre-judging and dismissing the place already.

#11 Darth Lefty

Darth Lefty

Disco Infiltrator

• No Politics!
  • 5,578 posts
  • Interests:Volunteer with a service club like Active 20-30, and you CAN make a difference!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:28 AM

The menu looks good to me. Dunno why everyone is pre-judging and dismissing the place already.

Because it's not authentic, or from the Bambino region, or $20/plate.

I basically grew up inside a Peter Piper Pizza and have no problem with this place... probably wouldn't go without kids, but would with.
"I enjoy a bit of cooking, and this has always worried me. But it's OK. I only like it because it allows me to play with knives." - James May

Genesis 49:16-17
http://www.active2030folsom.org

#12 Thinkingoutloud

Thinkingoutloud

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:59 AM

Where you are in life probably dictates how you feel about this restuarant. Last year I would have wanted a romantic, high quality restaurant to enjoy with my hubby. Now with 2 kids on the way, I'm excited by the family friendly aspect of it and look forward to my kids being old enough to go there. :-)

#13 bordercolliefan

bordercolliefan

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,596 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:32 PM

It also just depends on what one likes.

It was when someone likened it to "Chuck E Cheeze" that I knew it wasn't for me. Terrible pizza and massive sensory overload...

But, there are plenty of people who like it...

It's okay for people to have different tastes and desires in new restaurants!

#14 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:18 PM

Where you are in life probably dictates how you feel about this restuarant. Last year I would have wanted a romantic, high quality restaurant to enjoy with my hubby. Now with 2 kids on the way, I'm excited by the family friendly aspect of it and look forward to my kids being old enough to go there. :-)

Um, did you just tell us you're pregnant with twins? :)
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#15 (The Dude)

(The Dude)
  • Visitors

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:21 PM

It also just depends on what one likes.

It was when someone likened it to "Chuck E Cheeze" that I knew it wasn't for me. Terrible pizza and massive sensory overload...

But, there are plenty of people who like it...

It's okay for people to have different tastes and desires in new restaurants!

Have you looked at the menu? It doesn't look like Chuck E. Cheese quality as you're pre-labeling the place. No offense, just saying the menu looks better then credit is being given.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users