19 replies to this topic

#1 Jenncez

Jenncez

Your Local Scentsy & Thirty-One Consultant

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 07:52 AM

Have any of you gone to the 3D/4D Ultrasound Facilities in Roseville while pregnant?

I found these three places...all sound good...different packages/prices etc. I decided to go with the cheapest one (Sonotech). Anyone have experiences at any of the places you can share? I don't want to be disappointed or ripped off.

Sonotech

Invision

Who's Kicking

#2 Lauren

Lauren

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 08:05 AM

Yes... that's where I went.. Sonotech in Roseville!
I had a GREAT experience. My baby boy was so difficult to get a good shot of his face, but the technician didn't seem frustrated at all. He tried for about 15 minutes to get my baby to move positions, and they gave me the option of rescheduling, having a refund, or walking around for alittle awhile and going back in. I chose to walk around for 10 minutes or so and my baby moved enough to get a good shot!!! I got a TON of pictures and a DVD. I'll be honest with you... my son is now 2 months old and I've never watched the DVD, it's a good keepsake and I'm glad I got it.. but it's nothing I've watched!
I have infact recommended them to several friends who are having babies and they had a great experience there too!!

GOOD LUCK!!!

" You can't make footprints in the sand of time if you're sitting on your butt, and who wants to make buttprints in the sand of time??"

#3 Andrea V

Andrea V

Girl ur mom warned u about!

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 08:14 AM

Sonotech looks RAD!! $95 to know the sex early.... hmmmmmmm They say they can tell at 16weeks! My Dr. wants 20 weeks.... but that is free.

hmmmmm I am 13 weeks today.
<3

#4 Jenncez

Jenncez

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 08:16 AM

QUOTE(Lauren @ Mar 12 2008, 09:05 AM) View Post
Yes... that's where I went.. Sonotech in Roseville!
I had a GREAT experience. My baby boy was so difficult to get a good shot of his face, but the technician didn't seem frustrated at all. He tried for about 15 minutes to get my baby to move positions, and they gave me the option of rescheduling, having a refund, or walking around for alittle awhile and going back in. I chose to walk around for 10 minutes or so and my baby moved enough to get a good shot!!! I got a TON of pictures and a DVD. I'll be honest with you... my son is now 2 months old and I've never watched the DVD, it's a good keepsake and I'm glad I got it.. but it's nothing I've watched!
I have infact recommended them to several friends who are having babies and they had a great experience there too!!

GOOD LUCK!!!

Oh thanks so much!!!!!!! I just got a little concerned when they said to pay with cash. I thought that was a little odd. But I'm so glad you said they were good! I can't wait! I don't know how often I'll watch the DVD either, but my mom's birthday is this weekend and I'm giving her a copy of the DVD for her bday since she doesn't live here and she's SOOO excited about her granddaughter on the way.
Thanks again!! smile.gif

#5 Jenncez

Jenncez

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 08:19 AM

QUOTE(Andrea V @ Mar 12 2008, 09:14 AM) View Post
Sonotech looks RAD!! $95 to know the sex early.... hmmmmmmm They say they can tell at 16weeks! My Dr. wants 20 weeks.... but that is free.

hmmmmm I am 13 weeks today.

Yeah and their site says they have never been wrong! I'm getting a confirmation while there too, just in case! I'd feel bad if we had a boy and he was stuck with all pink. tongue.gif

#6 Lauren

Lauren

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 08:21 AM

QUOTE(Jenncez @ Mar 12 2008, 09:16 AM) View Post
Oh thanks so much!!!!!!! I just got a little concerned when they said to pay with cash. I thought that was a little odd. But I'm so glad you said they were good! I can't wait! I don't know how often I'll watch the DVD either, but my mom's birthday is this weekend and I'm giving her a copy of the DVD for her bday since she doesn't live here and she's SOOO excited about her granddaughter on the way.
Thanks again!! smile.gif

Another good thing I liked about them was that I also have a 3 year old daughter and she came with me. My husband wasn't able to go. So, I had to watch my 3 year old while laying on a table trying to watch this amazing thing going on. The front desk lady was more than willing to keep my daughter occupied and play with her while I got my ultrasound done. BIG PLUS!!! i was able to enjoy the experience without feeling I needed to watch my daughters every move!!
Good luck... and hope you enjoy it!!!

Oh.. I too went on the least expensive! :D

" You can't make footprints in the sand of time if you're sitting on your butt, and who wants to make buttprints in the sand of time??"

#7 Jenncez

Jenncez

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 08:24 AM

QUOTE(Lauren @ Mar 12 2008, 09:21 AM) View Post
Another good thing I liked about them was that I also have a 3 year old daughter and she came with me. My husband wasn't able to go. So, I had to watch my 3 year old while laying on a table trying to watch this amazing thing going on. The front desk lady was more than willing to keep my daughter occupied and play with her while I got my ultrasound done. BIG PLUS!!! i was able to enjoy the experience without feeling I needed to watch my daughters every move!!
Good luck... and hope you enjoy it!!!

Oh.. I too went on the least expensive! :D

Oh one last question...did they have big tv's or moniters to look at while laying there? At my regular 20 week ultrasound the moniter was so small and we had to share it with the tech so I had to tilt my head the whole time, my neck was hurting by the end.

#8 Lauren

Lauren

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 08:44 AM

QUOTE(Jenncez @ Mar 12 2008, 09:24 AM) View Post
Oh one last question...did they have big tv's or moniters to look at while laying there? At my regular 20 week ultrasound the moniter was so small and we had to share it with the tech so I had to tilt my head the whole time, my neck was hurting by the end.

No, it's a small computer screen as well... and you do have to tilt your head. But.. the nice thing.. if they have you turned the opposite way of the TV they have a mirror so you can still see what's going on! Too bad they don't have a big screen TV or something on the ceiling... that's a great idea!

#9 Jenncez

Jenncez

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 08:59 AM

QUOTE(Lauren @ Mar 12 2008, 09:44 AM) View Post
No, it's a small computer screen as well... and you do have to tilt your head. But.. the nice thing.. if they have you turned the opposite way of the TV they have a mirror so you can still see what's going on! Too bad they don't have a big screen TV or something on the ceiling... that's a great idea!

I had read that some of the more pricey places have huge flat screen tv's to look at. It's a great idea...but I can deal with the small moniter again for the low price. Plus I can watch the DVD later and not have a crooked neck. LOL Thanks again for your help! smile.gif

#10 prncsel

prncsel

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 09:58 AM

I used Invision (on Sierra College) last week and also used them a few years ago for our twins. Both times have been great! The owner (i forgot her name) did the ultrasound and she was awesome and very patient. I had my hubby and 4 yr old son and she was great with my son. She took the time to explain to him what everything was. She has the ultrasound image projected on the wall so it's nice to just lie there, relax, and enjoy the show.

I highly recommend them.

#11 tessieca

tessieca

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,292 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 12:04 PM

I wish I could go back in time and do this. It sounds like a great experience.
"Sometimes on purpose and sometimes by accident, teachers' unions have a long history of working against the interests of children in the name of job security for adults. And Democrats in particular have a history of facilitating this obstructionism in exchange for campaign donations and votes." . . .Amanda Ripley re "Waiting for Superman" movie.

#12 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 12:30 PM

Our Kaiser OB stated that Kaiser actually recommends against 3/4D ultrasounds, although they do a few of the 2D ones in-house.

"Ah, yes, those Gucci extremists and their Prada jihad!" --ducky

#13 SacKen

SacKen

Lifer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 12:36 PM

QUOTE(prncsel @ Mar 12 2008, 10:58 AM) View Post
I used Invision (on Sierra College) last week

We went to Invision last weekend. The room had a couch and a couple of chairs for family. Along with the equipment monitor, they had a TV next to the couch and a projector showing the image on the wall. It was pretty awesome to sit there and watch the baby move around. I could have sat there all day staring at it.

We were just starting our 14th week. Too early to be 100%, but close enough that they can sometimes see some boy parts.

The only thing negative I have is that the printouts were darker than the image on the screen, so you couldn't see as much detail.

BTW, the Invision owner said she was moving to Folsom this week and would be back doing scans by this Thursday or Friday. She will be in the little strip mall area near Oak Ave and one of the Lexingtons.

Another BTW... when I was poking around online to research the 3D technology (I dig the "How it works" crap) I found out that this stuff isn't really FDA approved. While it's not 100% either way, there are some thoughts and studies that show that ultrasounds, especially the higher power ones like 3D, may not be 100% benign for the baby.

I found this article interesting, especially the possible explanations why the FDA stopped shutting places down.

http://www.askquesti.../ultrasound.pdf

My wife wants to get a 3D done when she is around 32 weeks. Personally, with the affects not being 100% known, I think I prefer to err on the side of caution and not do it. It's neat and all, but I can wait a couple more months to see his face!

"Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!" -- George Carlin

#14 SacKen

SacKen

Lifer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 12:38 PM

QUOTE(mylo @ Mar 12 2008, 01:30 PM) View Post
Our Kaiser OB stated that Kaiser actually recommends against 3/4D ultrasounds, although they do a few of the 2D ones in-house.

Ha ha ha... you posted just as I was writing mine. Great minds...
"Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!" -- George Carlin

#15 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 12:50 PM

QUOTE(SacKen @ Mar 12 2008, 01:38 PM) View Post
Ha ha ha... you posted just as I was writing mine. Great minds...

I questioned her briefly about it, and it was around the fact it's not a proven or FDA approved technology, but I was still surprised it wasn't just "we don't do it" it was forcibly "do not get it done!"
"Ah, yes, those Gucci extremists and their Prada jihad!" --ducky

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users