2 Motorcyclists Killed In Antelope Crash

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 09:02 AM

It looks to me like the woman turned left in front of the two motorcyclists.

I think it would be her fault, even though they we speeding?

Very sad.  SLOW DOWN PEOPLE

2 motorcyclists killed in Antelope crash

Two motorcyclists were killed in a crash near an intersection in Antelope Friday night.

California Highway Patrol Officer Chad Hertzell said the motorcyclists were racing down Antelope Road when they crashed with a Jeep Cherokee, just east of Watt Avenue, around 8:45 p.m.

Witnesses said the motorcyclists were going about 65 to 70 miles per hour. At least one of the motorcyclists was doing a "wheelie" according to the Hertzell. At the same time, a driver in a Jeep Cherokee was making a turn into a mobile home park.

"She turns left right in front of them before they have a chance to react," Hertzell said. "They both collide head-on on the right side of the jeep. Both died on impact."

According to the CHP, one motorcyclist was a 23-year-old Roseville resident. The other motorcyclist was a 29-year-old North Highlands resident.

The three occupants of the Jeep Cherokee -- a grandmother with two children -- were not injured in the crash.

Eastbound Antelope Road, near Watt Avenue, was reopened just before 11:30 p.m.

http://www.news10.ne...crash/14153263/

A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#2 bordercolliefan

bordercolliefan

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,596 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 09:22 AM

That is terrible. Making a left turn, it may have been hard for her to judge the speed of the oncoming motorcyclists.

Still, it is a reminder that waiting for a nice long clear gap is always the better choice. That reminds me of a pet peeve: drivers who are behind me when I'm waiting to make a turn--and who get impatient and honk if they feel like I should have gone when I chose not to (this happens most on right turn on reds). One of the hardest things as a driver is to not give in to "peer pressure" from impatient drivers behind you.

#3 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 12:57 PM

Im not sure who would be at fault for that. If they were racing, then heyy... pft..... 

Kinda like the response some people gave the 23 year old folsom mother that died a few weeks ago, right?

No, actually- it isnt and it wasnt right. 

It was a needless death.  Really stinks for the families of everyone involved. I hope those two kids do not have lifelong emotional issues with seeing someone ram into their car and die right in front of them. Because if they do develop issues, they could end up depressed and kill themselves and everyone will be ok with that, too.

#4 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:32 AM

When will these sport bike riders figure out they need to save the stunts and racing for track days? Racing and doing wheelies in traffic is as dumb as it gets.

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users