12 replies to this topic

#1 happysmom

happysmom

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 07:15 PM

Today I took my daughter to Big Foot park and someone had spit all over the bottom of the big slide and the swings were all twisted up. We have been to the park behind the school to find the slide defecated on. This will the mild grafitti and the teenagers hanging out smoking, and making out is really getting annoying (And I know not all teenages are bad).

I feel so frustrated when I try to take my daughter to the park and parts of it are unusable and there is really nothing I can do about this problem. I guess just hope the offenders grow up soon??

Am I alone here feeling like this?

#2 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 04 November 2009 - 07:20 PM

QUOTE (happysmom @ Nov 4 2009, 07:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Today I took my daughter to Big Foot park and someone had spit all over the bottom of the big slide and the swings were all twisted up. We have been to the park behind the school to find the slide defecated on. This will the mild grafitti and the teenagers hanging out smoking, and making out is really getting annoying (And I know not all teenages are bad).

I feel so frustrated when I try to take my daughter to the park and parts of it are unusable and there is really nothing I can do about this problem. I guess just hope the offenders grow up soon??

you are not alone in feeling like that - I hate stupid punks who vandalize our parks and trash our city

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#3 asbestoshills

asbestoshills

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 07:47 AM

That's so sad and pathetic.....and whose going to clean it, the city workers? Gross!
Americans, don't just come in one color or race.

#4 Sandman

Sandman

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 08:56 AM

My son and I are over at Sheldon park nearly everyday. There was someone who did a bit of tagging about a year ago but that has since been cleaned up and I have not seen it since. Most likely an isolated incident. Other than that I can't say the park has a problem with teenagers. I feel my son is pretty safe over there. You should travel outside of Folsom and visit some surrounding parks (Rancho and Sac come to mind). The drunks, prostitution and everything else you see going on might just put things in perspective for ya. Teenagers will be teenagers, but at the end of the day you kids are still safe at Folsom parks and that is what is most important in my opinion. The other stuff that teenagers do I can learn to deal with.

#5 palango

palango

unknown soldier

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 08:56 AM

That is wrong on so many levels. This proves the point that mental illness is very prevalent in our society as the very same punks/punkesses ( I have to be politically correct) that did this will be behind bars in a few years if not sooner.

I just do not comprehend WHY or what the motivation behind such acts would be? Are they gonna show the world on FB about how cool they are or how funny/comedian they are?

#6 Mr Horsepower

Mr Horsepower

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 08:46 AM

QUOTE (palango @ Nov 5 2009, 08:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That is wrong on so many levels. This proves the point that mental illness is very prevalent in our society as the very same punks/punkesses ( I have to be politically correct) that did this will be behind bars in a few years if not sooner.

I just do not comprehend WHY or what the motivation behind such acts would be? Are they gonna show the world on FB about how cool they are or how funny/comedian they are?

LOL!

It kind of reminds me of the telephone game. I mean, how did we get to mental illness and jail time from spitting, pooping, and smoking at a park?

Not that I condone the behavior but it just sounds like kids being kids to me......

#7 giacomo

giacomo

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Interests:Wine, good food, goof friends traveling to Hawaii, soccer, 70's/80's music, , Lake Tahoe

Posted 06 November 2009 - 09:34 AM

QUOTE (Mr Horsepower @ Nov 6 2009, 08:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LOL!

It kind of reminds me of the telephone game. I mean, how did we get to mental illness and jail time from spitting, pooping, and smoking at a park?

Not that I condone the behavior but it just sounds like kids being kids to me......

kids being kids?????don't think so, more like jerks being even bigger jerks and having no respect at all for our parks

#8 Sandman

Sandman

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 02:34 PM

I guess I spoke to soon. The F-town possee has hit again. The entire back side of the little leage snack bar at Sheldon park was covered in grafitti when I walked over there this afternoon with my daughter. I would love to nab one of these little buggers...

#9 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 02:42 PM

It's so wrong that a few punks can ruin so much for everyone else.

I hope karma comes around and some bird poops in their convertible someday

while they are in it.
I would rather be Backpacking

#10 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 07:00 PM

QUOTE (Bill Z @ Nov 6 2009, 02:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's so wrong that a few punks can ruin so much for everyone else.

I hope karma comes around and some bird poops in their convertible someda

while they are in it.

Not just any bird, Bill. A seagull with good aim.

#11 kellismom

kellismom

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 10:46 PM

LOL!

Kids being kids? Are you serious? Did you used to defecate on slides when you were a "kid"?

That's disgusting and unfortunate that it happens quite a bit at our parks.

#12 Terry

Terry

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 11:14 AM

QUOTE (happysmom @ Nov 4 2009, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not to go off topic here, but I took grandkids to McD's on Glenn & East Bidwell a few months ago and they were playing on the play structure. Another grandparent was there and her little one was in diapers. Well, the diapers were overflowing with poop and the grandma finally noticed when the little one left a long skidmark down the slide! Grandma quickly gathered up her little one, but didn't bother to tell McD's staff. I gathered my grandkids up and went inside to report the "hazardous material" to the manager. He rolled his eyes and said "yeah, that happens quite a bit". What happened with common courtesy?

#13 palango

palango

unknown soldier

• Premium Member
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 07:08 AM

LOL!

kids being kids? Are you serious?? In my opinion these mentally ill kids got there genes from their messed up parents. Maybe you are a parent of one of these punks defending their inexcusable actions as "kids being Kids".

Their parents and them should be thrown in Jail.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users