#16 swmr545

swmr545

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,997 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 01:11 AM

QUOTE (RV3000 @ Apr 15 2009, 01:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry, to sound like I'm gloating...but I am glad I'm not a PC user anymore! Gave up the PC completely 5 years ago and do not miss it at all!
My PowerBook G4 (apple computers) has not crashed even once in 5 years!
Go for a Mac - you will not regret it!

Been considering it a great deal. I'm gonna see if they can replace/repair this one and extend the warranty. If not, then I'm getting paid for my current internship pretty soon and will head out to Arden.

#17 eVader

eVader

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 05:59 AM

QUOTE (swmr545 @ Apr 15 2009, 12:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
it's the new inspiron. The message was first about the bluetooth thing that came installed with the my laptop.

after about 2 weeks of that message it now appears when I try to shutdown the system.

When I talked w/ tech support, they "updated" the BIOS (the version they did the update with was the same version I already had). When the person realized that she had me do a system reset so it went back to how it was when I first got the laptop.

Now I don't get the blue screen for bluetooth anymore, just every once in a while when I try to shut down.

So after applying the Dell Recovery image so that it back to the state when you first received it (no personal data, none of your personal applications, settings, wallpaper etc), you still get BSOD at shutdown or is it something else?

Was it failing at shutdown or BSOD after the sytem reset? If no, what changed between then and now (apps, settings, peripherals etc)?

I have had very good experience with Dell systems and they should solve this issue or replace the notebook.

#18 rpo

rpo

Hall Of Famer

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 10:44 AM

Sorry, to sound like I'm gloating...but I am glad I'm not a PC user anymore! Gave up the PC completely 5 years ago and do not miss it at all!

That is what everyone told me about the iPhone. I got one a couple months back and if it makes it a day without a random shutdown or lock up, it is a miracle.

#19 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 15 April 2009 - 10:54 AM

QUOTE (rpo @ Apr 15 2009, 11:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That is what everyone told me about the iPhone. I got one a couple months back and if it makes it a day without a random shutdown or lock up, it is a miracle.

you've got a messed up iphone, restore it to default and if that doesn't fix it, take it back to the store for a replacement

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#20 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 11:11 AM

It's amazing how terms get stolen or what have you.

MAC's are PC's PC other than also meaning Politically Correct, originally stood for Personal Computer. As in IBM PC vs. an IBM mainframe.

So there was a time when there were Atari's and some other game oriented PC's on the market as well as the IBM & IBM compatibles as well as Apples.

I don't know how or when the hijacking or morphing went, but now people think of PC as being a particular type of computer vs the Apple Macintosh variety.
I would rather be Backpacking

#21 Darthvader

Darthvader

...of superior intellect

• Banned
  • 3,976 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 11:30 AM

QUOTE (Bill Z @ Apr 15 2009, 12:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

MAC's are PC's PC other than also meaning Politically Correct, originally stood for Personal Computer. As in IBM PC vs. an IBM mainframe.

So there was a time when there were Atari's and some other game oriented PC's on the market as well as the IBM & IBM compatibles as well as Apples.

I don't know how or when the hijacking or morphing went, but now people think of PC as being a particular type of computer vs the Apple Macintosh variety.

Thanks for pointing out something we all already know there Billz...
...Saying what people are thinking but are afraid to say....

#22 RV3000

RV3000

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 06:07 PM

QUOTE (Bill Z @ Apr 15 2009, 12:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ok, i am not computer literate - you all got that! It's my spouse who is the computer geek! -whose idea it was to switch.......but whatever........Microsoft sucks!........not that I care......I am in healthcare! .........................
......still waiting for the MSFT lovers to attack!

#23 Darth Lefty

Darth Lefty

Disco Infiltrator

• No Politics!
  • 5,578 posts
  • Interests:Volunteer with a service club like Active 20-30, and you CAN make a difference!

Posted 15 April 2009 - 07:08 PM

Also, not all facial tissues are Kleenex
"I enjoy a bit of cooking, and this has always worried me. But it's OK. I only like it because it allows me to play with knives." - James May

Genesis 49:16-17
http://www.active2030folsom.org

#24 eVader

eVader

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 07:12 PM

QUOTE (RV3000 @ Apr 15 2009, 06:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ok, i am not computer literate - you all got that! It's my spouse who is the computer geek! -whose idea it was to switch.......but whatever........Microsoft sucks!........not that I care......I am in healthcare! .........................

Hah! MS and Linux are for people who want freedom to configure and use their PCs whatever way they want vs. what Steve says is appropriate for Apple users to have\do.

If Apple was locked down to proprietary hardware it too would have occasional crashes but that said Window 7 beta is rock solid. Granted I have reported a few bugs and feedback it hasnt BSOD once (not bad for beta) and all my apps work w\o issue so far.

And so you don't think I am a MS sheep, Ubuntu Linux is on two repurposed systems (one 2 yrs old other 7 yrs old). Saves me $1200-2800 from buying a new MacBook.

#25 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 08:02 PM

QUOTE (RV3000 @ Apr 15 2009, 07:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I hate Microsoft,

ALOT,

but as it is what every place I have worked at uses, it is also what i use at home,

because it's not worth the time or the hassle for me to know one system and associated software at work and to have to know and deal with something else at home.

I routinely refer to Bill Gates as a Commie. I also hate it when MSFT makes large changes to their software so I have to re-learn the programs I am familiar with. I'm getting used to them some, but I still hate the changes to Word, Excel & Powerpoint I got with my new work computer this year. The changes have truly made nearly everything i want/need to do when using those programs harder to do.

#26 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 08:03 PM

QUOTE (Darthvader @ Apr 15 2009, 12:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for pointing out something we all already know there Billz...

You're Welcome.

Glad to be of service.

#27 (The Dude)

(The Dude)
  • Visitors

Posted 15 April 2009 - 08:31 PM

Everything microshaft makes is a virus that sucks away hours of our lives.

#28 (The Dude)

(The Dude)
  • Visitors

Posted 15 April 2009 - 08:33 PM

Everything microshaft makes is a virus that sucks away hours of our lives.

#29 swmr545

swmr545

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 4,997 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 07:22 PM

Stay away from Dell!!!! Even after the last guy told me I would be eligible for a system replacement if the problem happened again they are still against giving me a new system saying they are not liable for any faulty driver they install.
"We must recognize that this short life can neither be ennobled or enriched by hatred or revenge."

RFK

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users