#1 Priscilla

Priscilla

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:56 PM

This is ridiculous.
They can boycott all they want that doesn't mean that Chick-fil-A has to change its mind or what the company thinks. People aren't going to agree with everything, everyone, all of the time. Nobody has to like gay people, or Christians, or dogs just because someone says they don't like it.
Here is a thought....If you dont like their business practices- do not eat there!

end of rant....btw, I dont agree with with the owners comments but it has nothing to do with their food

#2 chris v

chris v

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:07 PM

It has everything to do with their food. If you want to line those bigots pockets then keep buying their food.

#3 Priscilla

Priscilla

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:16 PM

It has everything to do with their food. If you want to line those bigots pockets then keep buying their food.

I respectfully disagree. Just because you have a belief it does NOT make you a bigot.He never said he hated gay people. He is against gay marriage. So are ALOT of businesses- they just dont announce it. Im sure there are many business we all go to who feel the same way-we just dont know it :/

#4 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:32 PM

This is ridiculous.
They can boycott all they want that doesn't mean that Chick-fil-A has to change its mind or what the company thinks. People aren't going to agree with everything, everyone, all of the time. Nobody has to like gay people, or Christians, or dogs just because someone says they don't like it.
Here is a thought....If you dont like their business practices- do not eat there!

end of rant....btw, I dont agree with with the owners comments but it has nothing to do with their food

Was this the original post on this subject? If so you should have posted the article so we
know what you are talking about.

The owner of Chic-fil-A is a Christian and he does not open his doors on Sundays.
He only opens Monday-Saturday. So is that wrong too?

He can do what he wants to do with his business. More power to him.
A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#5 SacKen

SacKen

Lifer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:48 PM

I respectfully disagree. Just because you have a belief it does NOT make you a bigot.He never said he hated gay people. He is against gay marriage. So are ALOT of businesses- they just dont announce it. Im sure there are many business we all go to who feel the same way-we just dont know it :/

So is the current President. So are the majority of Americans (based on voting around the country, not polls).

Returning the hate will not change anything and boycotts do nothing in the long run. At best, you might get some half-hearted compliance just to shut people up. If a boycott is your best response, then you have already lost.
"Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!" -- George Carlin

#6 tsukiji

tsukiji

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts
  • Interests:Freedom. Family. Food. Funds.

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:50 PM

Huh? What's going on? I feel like I missed something and am catching a conversation midstream. This just interested me because today I was considering trying this place for the first time.

So, the owner is against gay marriage? And as a result, there is a call for a boycott of the business? Is that the gist?

Do I need to form an opinion on gay marriage before deciding whether or not to eat here?

#7 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 02:02 PM

Do I need to form an opinion on gay marriage before deciding whether or not to eat here?

:)

I haven't been in yet, but I want to try the grilled chicken breast sandwich. I hear people from Folsom work there!
Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#8 2kids4me

2kids4me

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 02:18 PM

I think it's sad we aren't allowed our own opinions anymore. If you don't agree with the executives' views, don't eat there.

I like their food (grilled chicken sandwich is yummy!), so I will continue to go there.

#9 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 02:32 PM

I like their food (grilled chicken sandwich is yummy!), so I will continue to go there.

only 290 calories and 4 grams of fat for that sandwich! winner winner chicken dinner!
that's fairly healthy for fast food!

#10 Rich_T

Rich_T

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:14 PM

Another stupid overreaction (i.e "oppose gay marriage" = "hate gays"). As usual, small businesses and politics don't mix well. But people are free to eat there or not. As for me, I probably never will, because I don't do fast food.

#11 kaybird

kaybird

All Star

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:15 PM

I think the boycott is based on the fact that the corporation donates money to the anti-gay marriage campaign. So, if you spend your money there, some of it may end up supporting that campaign.

#12 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:17 PM

I think the boycott is based on the fact that the corporation donates money to the anti-gay marriage campaign. So, if you spend your money there, some of it may end up supporting that campaign.

more of it will go to employees who live in Folsom and as taxes into Folsom's general fund too.

#13 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:40 PM

My neighbor said that they go quite often and they love the place and the food.

We haven't been there yet. My son has been to one but not in Folsom.
A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#14 (The Dude)

(The Dude)
  • Visitors

Posted 19 July 2012 - 06:44 PM

How come they are considered haters? are people no longer entitled to have an opinion on marriage unless it's pro gay?

Btw I'm all for gay marriage but I like the food at chick fil a too. Does buying a sandwich there now mean I'm anti gay marriage ?

#15 tsukiji

tsukiji

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts
  • Interests:Freedom. Family. Food. Funds.

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:34 PM

To be fair, I'm sure that each of us would consider whether or not to patronize a business depending on the cause and the position of the business / owners.

For example, I may not patronize a certain business because of their position on certain rights granted to us by the USC and its Amendments (which technically don't need to be granted since they are rights --- there are basic human rights that governments can make unlawful but they are still rights).

Whether or not this is one of the issues that would cause one to consider his patronage is debatable. Similar in form to one in which, for example, someone is ambivalent about RKBA but doesn't make any effort to oppose efforts that infringe upon it. But I guess that ambivalence could be interpreted as an implicit position.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users