46 replies to this topic

#31 Nylaan

Nylaan

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:30 PM

Playon is also broadcasting the game (same as the section final)
It's Saturday night. I have no date, a 2 liter bottle of Shasta, and my all Rush mix tape. Let's rock.

#32 Doug Moore

Doug Moore

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:02 PM

Already for the game here. This is going to be a great game - GO BULLDOGS!

#33 jpow5

jpow5

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:22 PM

AUGH! I can't find the game - I know, I know, it's probably super easy to find, but can you provide the link?

ETA: I found it..at least the "audio only" version: http://www.playonspo...ll/events/47098

#34 Nylaan

Nylaan

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:30 PM

http://www.playonspo...om/events/47098

It's Saturday night. I have no date, a 2 liter bottle of Shasta, and my all Rush mix tape. Let's rock.

#35 jpow5

jpow5

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:32 PM

We have AT&T uverse and the game is being shown on channel 1767

#36 Lindke

Lindke

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:45 PM

Game Broadcasted live now on Comcast Channel 104.

#37 39 degrees

39 degrees

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:00 PM

This game is absolutely ridiculous ... I can't watch a game in which the officiating is so completely lacking, although I will probably watch for a bit longer. The "O" line on De La Salle is rocking forward on almost every play...They have run about 12 plays and 9 of them had this rocking thing going on of which the refs have flagged it once...please...it's basic physics. If you have a running start at me you are going to knock me back if I'm set. They need to clean that up or this game is over before it's begun...

GO BULLDOGS!

#38 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:28 PM

I quit watching the game during the first part of the 3rd period when the coach lets them
go for a first down with 4th down and 10 yards to go on about their own 15-20 yard line.
Has this coach ever heard about punting the ball when you are backed up that far?
A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#39 Priscilla

Priscilla

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:48 PM

I quit watching the game during the first part of the 3rd period when the coach lets them
go for a first down with 4th down and 10 yards to go on about their own 15-20 yard line.
Has this coach ever heard about punting the ball when you are backed up that far?

This was Men against Boys...not even close

#40 Nylaan

Nylaan

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:18 AM

http://sportsillustr...aski/index.html

Actually, at the high school level it may rarely be worth punting if you can not reliably get back more than twenty yards of field position regularly and Folsom punts the ball less than once a game (although one in the first half got good distance because it went over the returner). And if you left it on you would have seen Folsom get the ball back and then drive the ball about 50 yards before Browning was harrassed into another interception. In 2010 Richardson called for a punt once in the sectional final and immediately gave up on it, and he was right to do it.

If I were to compare this to 2010 when Folsom played Grant, DLS has no player like they did in Moala but Folsom basically gameplanned to avoid him. No one was that big on DLS but they are obviously coached very well in fundamentals at every position. DLS corners played 5-10 yards off receivers and rarely blitzed because they wrapped up Folsom ballcarriers at first contact. I am really not sure they played outside their base defense all game. It was clearly the big difference in the game.

DLS always sets on the line quick like that and it is technically legal if they are set for a second. They are coached well enough that it comes out flawless most of the time and maybe they do get away with a bit of movement, I am not really going to comment on that but it is definitely requires disciplined coaching to pull off. I was worried if it would rain because in bad conditions they destroy teams because they can run the FB dive over and over and just run you out the building.

Regardless of the result, Folsom is a very young team this year and they should be proud. Winning the SJS Div I/II titles has become very difficult the last few years. St Mary's was the only team to get within a score of DLS all year and they lost in the second round to 5-loss Del Oro. It is still a good thing our section is getting shots at DLS now instead of simply automatically handing them a state bid every year. I still feel Folsom's 2010 team would have had a legit chance because they were better on defense and Dano was the kind of dynamic threat that can overcome talent gaps. They were also much more balanced on offense.

#41 39 degrees

39 degrees

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:23 AM

DLS always sets on the line quick like that and it is technically legal if they are set for a second. They are coached well enough that it comes out flawless most of the time and maybe they do get away with a bit of movement, I am not really going to comment on that but it is definitely requires disciplined coaching to pull off. I was worried if it would rain because in bad conditions they destroy teams because they can run the FB dive over and over and just run you out the building.

one-thousand on - nope...didn't get it. Not a full second...about...50 times in that game. Sorry that's not an exaggeration. Yes, it's legal if they are set for a full second and to be honest it was a great tell. If they were set for a full second you knew they were going to pass. Happened over and over again. Having said that, yes it was men vs. boys. Silly game if you ask me. D2 Sac area team vs. one of the premier state powers in the last...what...30 YEARS? Why is Folsom even in this game...boggles the mind...ridiculous.

Also...to Joe Davidson at the Bee...whatever man...I find it also hilarious that in a town where the Kings rarely win, that they win by 19 and are have a teeny little burb in the lower third of the front page only to have a headline like "Folsom blows up..." paraphrasing for dramatic effect. Nice..

#42 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:40 AM

We left partway into the third. Of course, we would have liked for the Bulldogs to win, but are incredibly proud they made it this far. It was good to see such a good turnout by Bulldogs fans for the game. What was the final score? It was 42-7 when we left.

#43 olivia

olivia

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:15 AM

On the contrary, that's not the way they have played all year, and for the past several seasons. They are to be applauded (the coaches) for staying with "what brought 'em here" instead of showing a lack of confidence in their boys and their success.

#44 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:49 AM

I know that Folsom had a very young team this year and they did great until they ran into this powerhouse
of a team.

Good luck again next year and we will be following them again.
Good job BullDogs...
A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#45 Lisa in Folsom

Lisa in Folsom

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:01 AM

DLS is untouchable, and has been for a very long time, because of the coaching. I went to the sister school and saw it first hand. There is no nonsense, whining, flaking or complaining allowed. They train hard and early. The coach is a gentleman and a professional. The parents are not allowed to intervene in coaching decisions. There is no pulling the kids out for vacations. You dont miss practice, you don't talk back. They are demanding but are very safety focused. They frequently do not have the biggest guys. They must work as a team. The coaches inspire the boys and bring out their very best. I would want my son to play for them, not because they are a championship team, because they create, strong, capable, confident, goal oriented men. That is why they win.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: football, champions, folsom high, vista de lago

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users