32 replies to this topic

#1 Pullayniece

Pullayniece

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 05:06 PM

Hey all,

Just wanted let you know that I had seen a bobcat by our house and the bike trail near oak ave and Folsom Blvd . It looked like it was stalking the turkeys nearby. It also appeared to have been tagged by the wildlife department. Just remember to keep an eye out, although they are usually not a threat to humans.

#2 Parizienne

Parizienne

My Folsom Honeybee

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • Interests:History, gardening, reading, antiquing, road trips, road food, the Blues, classic rock, travel.

Posted 25 April 2007 - 05:12 PM

QUOTE(Pullayniece @ Apr 25 2007, 06:06 PM) View Post
Hey all,

Just wanted let you know that I had seen a bobcat by our house and the bike trail near oak ave and Folsom Blvd . It looked like it was stalking the turkeys nearby. It also appeared to have been tagged by the wildlife department. Just remember to keep an eye out, although they are usually not a threat to humans.

Thanks for the heads up. This is my neck of the woods, and it's good to be able to head the kids away from this area when they're out and about on their bikes, geochaching and whatnot.

Pari
Pari

#3 DavidH

DavidH

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 07:02 PM

Um, OK, help me out. Where does Oak Avenue cross (or get anywhere near) Folsom Boulevard?

#4 Parizienne

Parizienne

My Folsom Honeybee

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • Interests:History, gardening, reading, antiquing, road trips, road food, the Blues, classic rock, travel.

Posted 25 April 2007 - 07:09 PM

It's actually Oak Avenue Parkway and it crosses Folsom Blvd on the north side of the river as you are driving toward Granite Bay near the Dam. The other Oak is south of the river near... um... I think it's Broadstone?

QUOTE(DavidH @ Apr 25 2007, 08:02 PM) View Post
Um, OK, help me out. Where does Oak Avenue cross (or get anywhere near) Folsom Boulevard?

Pari

#5 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 07:10 PM

technically, the two Oaks were supposed to meet together one day but never happened.

#6 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 08:42 PM

it could be the same bobcat that was spotted last year by another MyFolsomite. I heard there was a bobcat spotting a couple of weeks ago near the Willow Springs pond too.
http://www.tomatopag...d...3&hl=bobcat

http://www.myfolsom....mwildlife.shtml

#7 BIG PAKO

BIG PAKO

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 07:20 AM

QUOTE(john @ Apr 25 2007, 09:42 PM) View Post
it could be the same bobcat that was spotted last year by another MyFolsomite. I heard there was a bobcat spotting a couple of weeks ago near the Willow Springs pond too.
http://www.tomatopag...d...3&hl=bobcat

http://www.myfolsom....mwildlife.shtml

I spotted one of these about a year or so ago on the bike trail around Lake Natoma on my way to work. It was early in the morning a bit dark still & it scared the bejeezus out of me, at first I thought it was the chupacabra! eek.gif

#8 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 07:38 AM

Don't mean to sscare you or nothing but a neighbor told me they saw a mountain lion in the same area two days ago. (they told me last night). I think the dam construction is driving them out. angry.gif

#9 Chad Vander Veen

Chad Vander Veen

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,209 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 07:45 AM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

#10 tessieca

tessieca

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,292 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 01:28 PM

I've been in the SRA several times recently. So far have only seen snakes (not rattlers) and squirrels. Will keep my eyes open for bobcats, thanks.
"Sometimes on purpose and sometimes by accident, teachers' unions have a long history of working against the interests of children in the name of job security for adults. And Democrats in particular have a history of facilitating this obstructionism in exchange for campaign donations and votes." . . .Amanda Ripley re "Waiting for Superman" movie.

#11 bishmasterb

bishmasterb

MyFolsom Loser

• Premium Member
  • 5,563 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 02:17 PM

QUOTE(c_vanderveen @ Apr 26 2007, 08:45 AM) View Post
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

There's only one thing worse than a Bobcat Goldthwait sighting...

#12 DavidH

DavidH

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 05:16 PM

QUOTE(Parizienne @ Apr 25 2007, 08:09 PM) View Post
It's actually Oak Avenue Parkway and it crosses Folsom Blvd on the north side of the river as you are driving toward Granite Bay near the Dam. The other Oak is south of the river near... um... I think it's Broadstone?

Ahh, OK. That's actually Folsom-Auburn Road but thanks for the clarification! I'll stay clear of the bobcats smile.gif

#13 Orangetj

Orangetj

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 08:26 AM

QUOTE(supermom @ Apr 26 2007, 08:38 AM) View Post
Don't mean to sscare you or nothing but a neighbor told me they saw a mountain lion in the same area two days ago. (they told me last night). I think the dam construction is driving them out. angry.gif

I often wonder how many times people who say they've seen a mountain lion have really spotted a bobcat. Not saying that your neighbor is lying, but I'm just curious.

#14 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 08:28 AM

QUOTE(Orangetj @ Apr 27 2007, 09:26 AM) View Post
I often wonder how many times people who say they've seen a mountain lion have really spotted a bobcat. Not saying that your neighbor is lying, but I'm just curious.

rolleyes.gif

#15 BIG PAKO

BIG PAKO

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 08:55 AM

QUOTE(Orangetj @ Apr 27 2007, 09:26 AM) View Post

I once confused a GRATE DANE with a DROMEDARY CAMEL rolleyes.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users