15 replies to this topic

#16 Hilscher1

Hilscher1

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 09:15 AM

I personally think shaq is very overrated. What happens about half way through the season when his big toe hurts again and he leaves Wade to take over the team. Im thinking they tank it and go on like a 8-10 game losing streak and at best wind up a 7th seed in the playoffs. That situation has been proven before Kobe is GREAT player but he has not proven himself a leader. When Shaq was out last year and maybe the year before the Lakers were a .500 team maybe a game or two over. I think the trade the Lakers got is very intrguiging for years to come. Lamar Odom might be one of the most underrated players in the league Brian Grant is a very capable player who can bang out rebounds with the best of them and well his shooting is a little off nowadays hes still pretty good with his 15 foot shot and his in the paint moves. Caron Butler is in my opinon what made this trade great for the Lakers though. They got a 24 year old who is not fully developed yet but is very court smart. I watched him play a few times last season and he is very capable of becoming at least somewhat of a superstar. he scored 20 p[lus points a few times in the playoffs last year. I think while maybe not this season because theres too much new for the Lakers but maybe next season they will be a definate force in the NBA. While the Heat will be competative i just dont think they have enough outside of Shaq and Wade to go very deep. Anyways Kings are going all the way this year. No more Shaq no more Jackson. Heres my prediction

Twolves Twolves Rockets
Kings Kings Kings Kings ????????
Spurs Jazz
Rockets Rockets
Grizzlies
Jazz
Suns
Lakers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users