311 replies to this topic

#1 Jolene

Jolene

Well-versed in how I might be cursed.

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,076 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 08:06 PM

On another board I'm on, they have a weekly "Random" thread that gets deleted every week. It's a thread just for that: Random thoughts, ideas, statements that don't fit anywhere else.

It's not even Tuesday yet, and I'm just ready to be done with all the stupid BS political stuff, so trying to start something new and random to help ease the political tension on the board.

My random thought for the night: AAA Insurance is looking better and better these days.

What's yours?
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING MY GIRL.
We could not be doing this without you.
Much love and gratitude.

#2 hopeanelli

hopeanelli

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts
  • Interests:Drag Racing, Motocross, boating and my boys....

Posted 02 November 2008 - 08:54 PM

QUOTE(Jolene @ Nov 2 2008, 08:06 PM) View Post
On another board I'm on, they have a weekly "Random" thread that gets deleted every week. It's a thread just for that: Random thoughts, ideas, statements that don't fit anywhere else.

It's not even Tuesday yet, and I'm just ready to be done with all the stupid BS political stuff, so trying to start something new and random to help ease the political tension on the board.

My random thought for the night: AAA Insurance is looking better and better these days.

What's yours?

Great Idea I have been trying to think about a new thread to get off the Politics stuff that I keep telling myself to stop...

Christmas and the holidays is on my mind just in general what to do this year how to get in the mood sooner as the politics and economy has got me down lately... so thats it...

#3 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 02 November 2008 - 09:42 PM

I just wrote the last check for my daughter's tuition. She graduates next month. smile.gif
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#4 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 09:46 PM

QUOTE(Resume Lady @ Nov 2 2008, 09:42 PM) View Post
I just wrote the last check for my daughter's tuition. She graduates next month. smile.gif

I think something more like this jump.gif is in order for that kind of accomplishment, Resume Lady. Congrats to both of you!

#5 MikoLee

MikoLee

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 10:04 PM

I wondered whether the Folsom mall will be finished.

I'm absolutely terrified by what religiously inspired undertaking the LDS church will take on next and work to impose upon us.
Prop 8 Database

Say NO to the Mormon Church taking over your Government. Vote No on Prop 8

Help Barack Obama win in 2008! Drive for Change! Travel from Sacramento to help canvass in Nevada, raise donations, help register voters, field the phones and make calls for Barack!

http://my.barackobama.com/page/s/nvdfc

#6 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 02 November 2008 - 10:06 PM

QUOTE(ducky @ Nov 2 2008, 09:46 PM) View Post
I think something more like this jump.gif is in order for that kind of accomplishment, Resume Lady. Congrats to both of you!

Thanks, Ducky! We're all very excited.

Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#7 jtroiano

jtroiano

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 11:52 PM

QUOTE(Andrea V @ Nov 2 2008, 09:52 PM) View Post
we love aaa

I second that! We have had them for 20+ years for our car and about 10 years for our home. I regularly check other companies rates and have yet to find anyone lower by enough to make me consider changing. Great service too!

#8 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 03 November 2008 - 07:04 AM

QUOTE(hopeanelli @ Nov 2 2008, 08:54 PM) View Post
Great Idea I have been trying to think about a new thread to get off the Politics stuff that I keep telling myself to stop...

heh same here, but I just feel so compelled to reply to some posts sometimes...

but I like this thread much better.... (I really can't wait for tomorrow to be over)

Random Thought: I hope we get a ton of rain today and this winter

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#9 traceyl

traceyl

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 07:50 AM

QUOTE(Andrea V @ Nov 2 2008, 09:52 PM) View Post
we love aaa

Ditto!

#10 sat

sat

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 07:57 AM

Random thanks to the guy who hit my parked car at a soccer field two weekends ago AND left a note with his contact information. Thanks also to his insurance (coincidentally, AAA), who arranged the whole fixing of my car and rental of another car without any problem. Very fast and very efficient.

#11 hopeanelli

hopeanelli

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts
  • Interests:Drag Racing, Motocross, boating and my boys....

Posted 03 November 2008 - 08:09 AM

I have been with AAA 27 years this year.. God I am old.. Anyways love them have them for all homeowners,car, life and never have had an issue.

#12 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 08:13 AM

One of my Birds of Paradise plants is blooming. It's stunning!
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

#13 (Gaelic925)

(Gaelic925)
  • Visitors

Posted 03 November 2008 - 08:24 AM

QUOTE(sat @ Nov 3 2008, 07:57 AM) View Post
Random thanks to the guy who hit my parked car at a soccer field two weekends aga AND left a note with his contact information. Thanks also to his insurance (coincidentally, AAA), who arranged the whole fixing of my car and rental of another car without any problem. Very fast and very efficient.

Wow! Someone actually left a note.....

#14 Darth Lefty

Darth Lefty

Disco Infiltrator

• No Politics!
  • 5,578 posts
  • Interests:Volunteer with a service club like Active 20-30, and you CAN make a difference!

Posted 03 November 2008 - 08:25 AM

QUOTE(Gaelic925 @ Nov 3 2008, 09:24 AM) View Post
Wow! Someone actually left a note.....

passive-aggressive! rolleyes.gif but that's okay if he winds up doing the right thing
"I enjoy a bit of cooking, and this has always worried me. But it's OK. I only like it because it allows me to play with knives." - James May

Genesis 49:16-17
http://www.active2030folsom.org

#15 Darth Lefty

Darth Lefty

Disco Infiltrator

• No Politics!
  • 5,578 posts
  • Interests:Volunteer with a service club like Active 20-30, and you CAN make a difference!

Posted 03 November 2008 - 08:26 AM

QUOTE(Jolene @ Nov 2 2008, 09:06 PM) View Post
QUOTE(MikoLee @ Nov 2 2008, 11:04 PM) View Post
I'm absolutely terrified by what religiously inspired undertaking the LDS church will take on next and work to impose upon us.

Jolene, I guess it was too much to hope for.
"I enjoy a bit of cooking, and this has always worried me. But it's OK. I only like it because it allows me to play with knives." - James May

Genesis 49:16-17
http://www.active2030folsom.org

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users