42 replies to this topic

#16 Who_Do_You_Trust

Who_Do_You_Trust

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 05:35 PM

You don't get it.  The Left may not like incidents like Vegas. Nobody in their right mind would except for the extreme Leftists (of whom I sure exist).  The problem is that Leftist thinking and policies and their PC pandering enables these types of events.

And you're definitely on the slippery slope.  Think more about implementations and abuses as you try to constrain who is qualified to retain rights.

Your "slippery slope" idea is BS.  Think about it!   For eight years we heard from the NRA crowd that Obama is coming for your guns.  Did you notice how that worked out?  Obama signed more pro-gun legislation than anti.  Check it out.

#17 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 05:57 PM

Hey Dumbo, for 8 years Obama, Holder, Lynch, and Hillary hinted vigorously that they were coming for our guns. Have you been in a coma, or just having "senior moments" ?

#18 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 06:49 PM

Your "slippery slope" idea is BS.  Think about it!   For eight years we heard from the NRA crowd that Obama is coming for your guns.  Did you notice how that worked out?  Obama signed more pro-gun legislation than anti.  Check it out.

Well, if you could actually read all the posts here you'd know this church was a gun free zone.  Instead you have put on "ignore" people like me who can actually challenge you and point out where you are wrong.  But enjoy your "fact free" bubble zone who_dem......    I think we call them, those people who shelter themselves from facts and the opinions of others, "Snowflakes"...   The ones who only hear what they want to hear, hear only facts they agree with and discard any opinion contrary to theirs.  Gun free zones are feel good creations of the left, the progressives, the ones who really want to ban all guns but "gun free" zones are their first line of attack.  Yes, that would be you and your leftard, gun grabbers, progressives, the Antifas, the "statists" who think government (left wing only of course), the police, will protect you and are the only ones who should have guns.  Ghost is absolutely correct in this thread in everything he has said....!  Chris

1A - 2A = -1A

#19 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 06:55 PM

Total BS.....   I can't get an AR here anymore in CA.....   Come January 1, I can't order ammo online (super cheap).....   Have to register, get a license, give a thumb print to buy ammo in CA, pay a "tax".   Yep, I'll do it because I have too, I follow the law.   Criminals won't........  Will not do a thing but put ammo way out of my economic reach here in CA.  And that is the original intent of the progressives and dems down under the dome in Sacramento, to make is so expensive that I can't shoot anymore.   Me, the law abiding citizen.  Criminals, knock yourselves out and buy ammo in Nevada all you want........   I can't anymore.....   Just 50 rounds a month.....    That is 2-3 minutes at the range, a warmup....  If you knew about guns you would know this.  No, the dems under the dome do not...........    And they don't care....!   Chris

1A - 2A = -1A

#20 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 07:17 PM

Sad that some people here don't know anything regarding the real intent of the Second Amendment. And those people are *adults*, I assume. Amazing.

#21 Who_Do_You_Trust

Who_Do_You_Trust

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 07:48 PM

Perhaps there is a little bit of sanity left in the country:

Assault Weapons Not Protected by Second Amendment, Federal Appeals Court Rules

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/assault-weapons-not-protected-second-amendment-federal-appeals-court-rules-n724106 

#22 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 06:44 AM

"assault weapon" is a made up term. 

And please tell me what "common sense" regulations will stop crazy?

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#23 ghost35me

ghost35me

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 07:39 AM

When will the Left understand that gun control is within a system of legalities.  Criminals and terrorists don't operate within that system. They aren't burdened by that system.  IT HAS NO EFFECT, THEORETICAL OR PRACTICAL, ON THE PERPETRATORS OF THESE EVENTS.  The perpetrators have intentions of violating much worse acts than making an illegal purchase.  Do you think an illegal purchase worries them in any way?  What does it take for the Left to understand this?  

What if 70% of citizens were armed? Do you think the outcome at the church would have been different? Probably better than no one having been armed.  Yet this is the outcome that the Left pushes.  Again, the legal system failed.  And these criminals work outside the system anyway.  All the Left does is push an agenda that is: 1) favorable for an eventual fascist regime, 2) enables a more favorable outcome for these perpetrators.

All the legal system does in this context is inhibit the rights of already law abiding system. That's the best case. The worse case is that it leaves them defenseless in the face of these events.

#24 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 07:47 AM

Also, Who_Dem has said in other gun-related threads that semi-automatic firearms are "assault weapons" (which they're not), so it's clear that he is not only parroting what he hears from the Left and in the media, but he clearly doesn't know what he's talking about.  Typical Leftist who can't do much/any critical thinking.

Guns%2Bposter.png

#25 Who_Do_You_Trust

Who_Do_You_Trust

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 08:50 AM

How about preventing mentally ill people from possessing firearms?  Last week Trump rescinded a requirement that people with mental illness be added to the national database for background checks.  Now the names of people with mental illness will not show up when a background check is conducted.  This is a total LACK of common sense.

#26 Who_Do_You_Trust

Who_Do_You_Trust

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 08:53 AM

What if 70% of citizens were armed? Do you think the outcome at the church would have been different? Probably better than no one having been armed.  Yet this is the outcome that the Left pushes.  Again, the legal system failed.  And these criminals work outside the system anyway.  All the Left does is push an agenda that is: 1) favorable for an eventual fascist regime, 2) enables a more favorable outcome for these perpetrators.

If you had given all 22,000 concert attendees a 9mm handgun before the Las Vegas concert and before the guy in the hotel started shooting, the outcome would have been no different.  

#27 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 08:56 AM

How about preventing mentally ill people from possessing firearms? 

The Las Vegas shooter was not mentally ill. You know that, right? Oops, that doesn't fit your leftist narrative, does it? Or do you get to deem them "mentally ill" after the fact? It doesn't work that way, skippy.

#28 UncleVinnys

UncleVinnys

Just visiting this planet.

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,263 posts
  • Interests:Truth Prevails

Posted 07 November 2017 - 09:02 AM

All law enforcement costs, funeral arrangements,

and family compensation should come out of NRA dues!

:soapbox:          :SCHWEEEET: 

(Wow, I'm so smart I even amaze myself sometimes!)   :sun:     :wub: 

1 God: 1 World: 1 People     :peaceman: 

#29 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 09:22 AM

In other news, Chicago (Murder City) is approaching it's 600th homicide this year. Stay classy, Chicago, you Liberal morons. Story below. Gee, when people so easily disregard human life, what "common sense" gun regulations could we enact? That's right... NONE!!

http://www.chicagotr...1106-story.html

chicago-murder.jpg

#30 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 10:19 AM

All law enforcement costs, funeral arrangements,

and family compensation should come out of NRA dues!

Or how about the elitist, left wing politicians who have created all of these "gun free" zones pay for it..........?

Or how about the Air Force for screwing up on the reporting of this guys discharge which would have prevented the perp from buying a weapon.....?

And how are Obama and Rahm Emanuel managing to pay for those 800 funerals in Chicago every year.....?  I think they are a bit behind in payments...? 

Think these things out first Tio Vinny and maybe look in the mirror...?   It just might be people like you, who think like you, who are ultimately responsible for events like this due to your silly laws that don't do a darn thing to remedy this problem.  Your mandated "gun free zones" are actually "Kill zones" for psycho cowards...   Because they know that no one has a gun in there and can fight back.  You, you liberals, have created these gun free zones.   All on you and your kind brother.   Chris

1A - 2A = -1A

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mass Shooting

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users