34 replies to this topic

#16 jnicolls

jnicolls

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 10:38 PM

I guess I shouldn't have told my wife about todays occurence.
She is freaked out and thinks there is someone living in our attic now.

#17 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 10:45 PM

QUOTE (jnicolls @ Jan 27 2010, 10:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I guess I shouldn't have told my wife about todays occurence.
She is freaked out and thinks there is someone living in our attic now.

If I were your wife, I wouldn't be able to sleep until I checked out every inch of the attic with a spotlight. I liked cw68's idea of baby power around the edges or maybe some duct tape with bells attached with strings so you can hear when it happens.

#18 chris v

chris v

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 09:13 AM

Just tell your wife this is in the attic.

#19 Sonny

Sonny

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 03:00 PM

I think this story's already been told in one of the best CSI episode's ever...

http://en.wikipedia....i/Stalker_(CSI)

#20 benning

benning

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 06:00 PM

ever hear anything up there? creepy. I would have to look. One time we heard noises in our attice when we lived in sacramento and it was rats rolling oranges around. ick
"L'essential est invisible pour les yeux."

#21 JLS

JLS

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 06:35 PM

Anybody else have keys to the house at all? House keepers etc? Landlord?

Could a friend or family member have access to the house and be playing a prank?

If you have an alarm then does somebody else have that alarm code?

If that's not possible then I'd really look around into your insulation etc to be sure that nobody is hiding anything illegal or anything up there.

I'd explore right away before setting up booby traps as the culprit might not return if there is a culprit. You want to be dang sure there is absolutely nothing hidden up there pronto so there's never a chance of you being the blame as well as your families safety.
LearnShootInspire.com
Learn Shoot Inspire on Facebook

#22 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 11:17 PM

we demand an update!!!

#23 DustyDog

DustyDog

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 11:52 PM

QUOTE (jnicolls @ Jan 27 2010, 04:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
About 3 months ago my wife and I arrived home after a week long vacation .

Wife: "uhhhh......did you go into the attic ?"
Me: "nope, why ?"
wife: "look up ......."

Me: shocked and confused I see the attic panel is lifted out of place.
I take a broom and nudge the panel back into place and walk away.

wife: "uh, aren't you gonna check it out ?"
me: "no....it's dark up there and the insulation makes me itch."

(In reality I'm a little creeped out about sticking my head up there)

wife: "but what if someone is living up there?"
me: I think "that's why I don't want to stick my head up there!)

I muster up some bravery and eventually climb up there to find .......nobody living in my attic.

Well, it just happened again today for the 2nd time.

The only explanation I can think of is something to do with the air pressure.

has this happened to anyone else?

I dont know about your house but in my house that is where the voices come from.
<i></i>There is only one thing that man should take seriously, and that is nothing should be taken too seriously. -Samuel Butler

#24 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 04:11 PM

QUOTE (DustyDog @ Feb 1 2010, 11:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I dont know about your house but in my house that is where the voices come from.

I haven't been so entertained by a thread in a long time! funny, creepy, its got it all. This would have been perfect to post on April 1st.

seriously though, you can't be afraid of your attic. it's part of your house! muster up some courage and get on up there. once you do, you will feel empowered and master of your domaine.

if I came home and found the attic vent askew in my house, I would immediately check it out and then I'd call the police. I can't believe your attic vents are large enough to allow anyone access to your attic and from there into the house. someone would have had to have come from the house into the attic, but its very hard to believe you wouldn't hear them moving around by now. they would have to move from rafter to rafter to avoid punching through your dry wall. if you don't want to go in all the way, just get a tall ladder and a powerful flashlight and pop your head up through the access with your wife standing at the bottom of the ladder for moral support.

it is wierd though and, like everyone else, I'm curious about it too! good luck! as for ghosts, I think if you're in empire ranch you're on the old Jacob Broder and then the Russell family property. There were also some native settlement areas out there. smile.gif oooo, spooky.
Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#25 MAof3

MAof3

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 03:42 PM

I haven't been able to have a restful sleep at night since reading this thread, it is certainly creepy!!

Was there any mess on the floor right below the access panel when you first discovered it open? Or was the floor spotless?

Since you checked the attic to see if there is anyone in it, did you notice any pressure on the insulation in the attic?

UPDATE, please!!! unsure.gif

#26 JLS

JLS

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 04:08 PM

Maybe we should mostly be freaked out that the starter of the thread has gone silent ohmy.gif
LearnShootInspire.com
Learn Shoot Inspire on Facebook

#27 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 06:36 PM

QUOTE (JLS @ Feb 3 2010, 04:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe we should mostly be freaked out that the starter of the thread has gone silent ohmy.gif

You're right. Queue the Twilight Zone music????

#28 tigerlily6

tigerlily6

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 06:58 PM

QUOTE (4thgenFolsomite @ Feb 2 2010, 04:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I haven't been so entertained by a thread in a long time! funny, creepy, its got it all. This would have been perfect to post on April 1st.

it is wierd though and, like everyone else, I'm curious about it too! good luck! as for ghosts, I think if you're in empire ranch you're on the old Jacob Broder and then the Russell family property. There were also some native settlement areas out there. smile.gif oooo, spooky.

I am going to trick my husband by doing this. Going to work on keeping a straight face first.

#29 daydreemernluv

daydreemernluv

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 12:09 AM

Ok I just read this...

The same thing happened to us a few months ago. I was totally freaked out, but my husband said it had to be some pressure thing too. Now I am even more freaked out.... Are you in an elliot home? what model? maybe ther is some wierd gravitational pull or something in the way they are built or there is something really freaky going on...... sad.gif

#30 curiousity

curiousity

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 11:16 AM

QUOTE (daydreemernluv @ Feb 4 2010, 12:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok I just read this...

The same thing happened to us a few months ago. I was totally freaked out, but my husband said it had to be some pressure thing too. Now I am even more freaked out.... Are you in an elliot home? what model? maybe ther is some wierd gravitational pull or something in the way they are built or there is something really freaky going on...... sad.gif

Really, a weird gravitational event, like a mini black hole formed in the attic sucking the cover up from it's position?

I would be much more inclined to think it was a wind anomaly that caused a sudden drop in airpressure inside the attic causing the air pressure inside the house to push it up. With the stormy windy weather we've had, you can get tornado like eddies and experience localized drops in atmospheric pressure. Something akin to what is called a microburst.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users