• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 colettewm

colettewm

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 12:05 PM

We noticed that there were several homes with dead grass. Does anyone know what's going on there? If the HOA takes care of the front yard, shouldn't they all look nice?

#2 rpo

rpo

Hall Of Famer

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 02:19 PM

Most likely the homes are in foreclosure and the water was shut-off due to non-payment. There is nothing the HOA can do about that.

#3 jpow5

jpow5

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 02:31 PM

Some of the lawns are being "repaired". They will eventually be replanted with new sod. Sometimes you'll see little signs saying "landscape restoration in progress" or something like that. I'm not sure how they decide which lawns need to be replaced - maybe when it gets too many weeds or maybe they are contracted to replace so many a year and just rotate throughout the neighborhood.

#4 That Guy

That Guy

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 02:37 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if some folks aren't simply letting their lawns die with the idea of replacing it with a drought resistant or otherwise less water intensive lawn, given the upcoming water metering.

#5 leenda

leenda

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 02:44 PM

Some of the lawns are being "repaired". They will eventually be replanted with new sod. Sometimes you'll see little signs saying "landscape restoration in progress" or something like that. I'm not sure how they decide which lawns need to be replaced - maybe when it gets too many weeds or maybe they are contracted to replace so many a year and just rotate throughout the neighborhood.

The Parkway HOA delivered fliers to the front door about two months ago notifying residents that some sort of weed was growing on some of the lawns and that they would be ripping out the "bad" and replacing it with the "new". And, yes, the signs were placed on the "works in progress." They seemed to have accomplished most of their mission (at least around where we live). I don't know about other residents in the Parkway, but, our sprinklers go off about 4-5 times a day (when you least expect it)....have to be careful about getting in and out of your car parked in the driveway!!! :-)

#6 Darth Lefty

Darth Lefty

Disco Infiltrator

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,578 posts
  • Interests:Volunteer with a service club like Active 20-30, and you CAN make a difference!

Posted 07 September 2011 - 11:15 AM

If I were running the joint I'd neglect the occupied houses and fix up the empty ones
"I enjoy a bit of cooking, and this has always worried me. But it's OK. I only like it because it allows me to play with knives." - James May

Genesis 49:16-17
http://www.active2030folsom.org

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users