• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 07:26 AM

5-alarm fire destroys landmark Sacramento ice skating rink

SACRAMENTO, CA - A 5-alarm fire completely destroyed Iceland ice skating rink on Del Paso Boulevard Sunday morning, according to fire officials. The building was a family-owned landmark in the area for the past 70 years.

Sacramento Fire Department spokesman Capt. Jim Doucette said someone called 911 around 3:30 a.m. Sunday reporting a car fire at the rear of the building located at 1430 Del Paso Boulevard. When the firefighters arrived, the entire back of the skating rink was completely engulfed in flames.

// go to website below //

http://www.news10.ne...r...240&catid=2
A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#2 Oldschooler81

Oldschooler81

Lived in Orangevale from 1991-1996.

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • Interests:Music and movies (especially anything '80s), computers, thrift shopping, talking and hanging out with people, writing, geography, mini golf, etc. Anything from the past interests me too, of course!

Posted 29 March 2010 - 03:36 AM

That's horrible. I never went there that I can recall, but it's tragic especially when it's something that could've been prevented. That's such a long standing landmark place, rebuilding it won't totally bring back memories...but the most important thing is nobody was hurt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users