• 3,163 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 11:04 AM

FYI

the details are posted on facebook here https://www.facebook...79111218801836/

but for those who are interested, and don't use facebook...here's the scoop

FRIDAY, JUNE 3 AT 10 AM

LOGISTICS

1. PLAN TO RALLY AT FREMONT PARK.
2. WE LEAVE AT 10.00AM SHARP TO THE CAPITOL BUILDING AT 1315 10th ST, SACRAMENTO - A WALK OF ABOUT 3 BLOCKS VIA 16th ST
3. WEST ON CAPITOL AVENUE TOWARDS CAPITOL BUILDING.
4. ON REACHING CAPITOL STEPS, WE TRAVERSE THE GROUNDS TO THE FRONT OF THE BUILDING ON 10th ST.

SEE YOU THERE.

SUGGESTIONS for a PEACEFUL RALLY folks.

1. No cammo or tac gear.
2. No guns or holsters or even toy guns.
3. No signs that say crap like "come and take 'em" or "molon labe" or "from my cold dead hands"
4. Dress somewhat presentably. If you want to be taken seriously, at least try to look somewhat professional.
5. The only flag that matters is the flag of the United States of America. If you feel the need to fly flags, that is the one you should fly. the California state flag is also acceptable. Revolutionary flags such as 13 star 13 stripes and Gadsden flags at your discretion.
6. NO GUNS AT THIS TIME - EVEN IF CCW HOLDER, AS I AM, PLEASE LEAVE IT AT HOME, OR IN THE CAR. WE DON'T WANT ANYONE ARRESTED OR WORSE, SHOT!
NOW IS NOT THE TIME FOR VIOLENCE.

We have all seen the 2A gatherings that make just about all gun owners cringe. Let's not make this another. We want to show that these draconian laws affect everyone ... ordinary citizens ... neighbors ... teachers ... businesspeople ... doctors ... mothers ... daughters ... etc.

FOR QUESTIONS:

Ken Greenwood

Straight Shot Consulting

krg@d-web.com
http://www.calguns.n...isplay.php?f=71

#2 DougP

DougP

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 04:13 PM

Hello Caligirlz

I'm a little lost with your post  -- I'm inferring from it that it has something to do with 2nd amendment rights, but it's unclear why there is a protest or what the stated position of the protesters are.

Could you please give some background information for those of us who don't understand the specific concerns here?

#3 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 04:55 PM

The 2nd Amendment is under assault by the Leftists who want to control all aspects of our lives. This is not new.

If peaceful rallies like this are organized, I have no problem with it. Just as I have no problem with Leftists protesting stuff...except those people get violent. Time to shut down their *free speech*.

Please let me know if you would like examples.

#4 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 05:16 PM

Hello Caligirlz

I'm a little lost with your post  -- I'm inferring from it that it has something to do with 2nd amendment rights, but it's unclear why there is a protest or what the stated position of the protesters are.

Could you please give some background information for those of us who don't understand the specific concerns here?

Hi Doug,

I'm no expert, but my understanding is that a number (maybe 11) of pro-gun control laws passed the first hurdle in the Ca senate.

The calguns forum has ongoing discussions, but they are a little difficult to wade through.

http://www.calguns.n...isplay.php?f=71

Here's a quick overview of proposed gun control measures approved Thursday by the state Senate.

• Ammunition regulation: SB 1235 by Senate leader Kevin de León (D-Los Angeles) requires background checks to buy ammunition. It also creates a license to sell ammunition, and creates a new system for collecting information about those sales.
  • Ban on large ammunition magazines: SB 1446 by Sen. Loni Hancock (D-Berkeley) bans the ownership of any ammunition clip that holds more than 10 rounds.
  • Bullet buttons: SB 880 by Sen. Isadore Hall (D-Compton) expands the legal definition of an "assualt weapon" to include a group of rifles with ammunition clips that can be quickly swapped out by using a bullet to push a small release button.
  • SB 894 by Sen. Hannah-Beth Jackson (D-Santa Barbara) requires reporting most lost or stolen guns within five days.
  • "Ghost guns": SB 1407 by De León requires a person to get a serial number from state officials before making or assembling a gun.
  • Gun violence research: SB 1006 by Sen. Lois Wolk (D-Davis) creates a new University of California center for researching gun-related violence.

Two other bills, both of which originated in the Assembly, were amended by Senate Democrats.

• Gun theft: AB 1176 would make the theft of a gun a felony, a change in the 2014 law passed by voters as Proposition 47. As such, this proposal would have to be approved by voters on the Nov. 8 statewide ballot.
  • Gun lending: AB 1511 places tighter rules on lending someone a gun -- limiting those loans to family members or a licensed hunter.

There is much discussion as to what exactly this means for gun owners.

Yes, the protest is about this pending legislation.

#5 DougP

DougP

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 05:48 PM

Thanks for your summary!

I appreciate you taking the time to post it.  Although I'm not closely involved with gun rights, I fully support our 2nd amendment and I'm concerned about politicians who are trying to erode our collective rights.

None of these proposals have been openly discussed in any of the media that I've seen, so I'm glad you've brought it up here.

All of the examples given above appear to be attempts to whittle away rights or create more bureaucracy with no credible threat or tangible benefit beyond lining the pockets of those who benefit from bureaucracy. 

The only one that appears to have any merit is in regards to the theft of a firearm.

#6 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 09:18 AM

All of the examples given above appear to be attempts to whittle away rights or create more bureaucracy with no credible threat or tangible benefit beyond lining the pockets of those who benefit from bureaucracy. 

The only one that appears to have any merit is in regards to the theft of a firearm.

Bingo!!

Makes criminals of us law abiding folks, by excluding grandfather provisions. The background checks for ammo sales is bizarre. The rest is just nonsense.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users