7 replies to this topic

#1 slowthegrowth

slowthegrowth

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,318 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 09:31 AM

Orchard Supply Hardware....a standard on East Bidwell for almost 2 decades....closes their doors for good this week. 

Last chance to stop in and say good bye to the faithful that have been there, serving the community for years. 

These are the good folks that would hand out flags at the Veteran's Day parades.....or serve hot dogs to patrons.....or hold craft events for kids on their No Sales Tax weekends.....

Truly a loss for Folsom. 

#2 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 10:29 AM

Orchard Supply Hardware....a standard on East Bidwell for almost 2 decades....closes their doors for good this week. 

Last chance to stop in and say good bye to the faithful that have been there, serving the community for years. 

These are the good folks that would hand out flags at the Veteran's Day parades.....or serve hot dogs to patrons.....or hold craft events for kids on their No Sales Tax weekends.....

Truly a loss for Folsom. 

Agreed.  it is a real loss.  I loved this store.  really nice people working there.  I stopped in last week and some of them thanked me for shopping there over the years.  clearly everyone was emotional.  one guy said he had applications in at Lowes and Green Acres.  Another manager level was going to be working at the OSH in Elk Grove.  Now I'll have to go over the river to the ACE hardware on Madison.

Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#3 TwoWheels

TwoWheels

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 12:08 PM

This is very unfortunate.  I always preferred OSH over the other two big box stores for anything that I knew they sold -- the people there actually knew what they were selling and cared about helping.  Some very friendly people there and visits often ended up taking longer than it should have because I'd end up in some friendly chat.

If any of the employees are reading this, thank you very much for nearly a decade of helping me out!

#4 AMETHYST PRODUCTIVITY

AMETHYST PRODUCTIVITY

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,248 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 01:16 PM

We stopped in yesterday and there's NOTHING left except some paint. All the shelves are out, garden center empty. It's really depressing. I can't count the number of times I would just pop into OSH for something. Going to Lowe's is a chore. Way too big, the parking lot's a nightmare. SIGH...

Kimberly Purcell
Productivity Consultant - Amethyst Productivity

#5 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 03:01 PM

I went by this morning. I was looking for a bulb for my 4 cell mag-light. I got it back in 1984 and

need a bulb. I looked inside OSH and all I saw was empty space so drove on to LOWES.  I couldn't

find the bulb there so will keep looking.

My bulb has

NORELCO

PR13  1J3 on it.

Anyone know where I can find one...???

A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#6 Sandman

Sandman

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 03:40 PM

Them MAG lights are dinosaurs compared to modern flashlights. I dumped my boat anchor at a yard sale a few years ago. Replaced it with a Streamlight rechargeable LED unit and havent looked back. Probably 3X the output at a fraction of the size/weight.

BUT if you really cant part ways with it we've had this thing on the internet called Google for many years now. Bet u could find what your looking for if u just type it in...

#7 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 07:09 PM

Sandman, I have been looking. I even called mag-light. They sold me a bulb that does work but not as good as the old one.
There is a dark spot right in the middle of the beam. I will keep looking. I carry this heavy flashlight when walking at night.
The police use to carry them and they make a nice weapon, if needed.
A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#8 Sandman

Sandman

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 08:00 PM

I googled PR13 and got all kinds of hits. As they say dont bring a knife to a gun fight. Cops stopped carrying those things years ago. You would be better off with a can of pepper spray or stun gun if your looking for the protection factor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users