Photo
- - - - -

New Housing Development @ Parkshore/folsom Blvd?

Where exactly is it?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 slowthegrowth

slowthegrowth

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,318 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 11:58 AM

I read in the Bee that there was a 126 home development breaking ground at Parkshore Dr and Folsom Blvd.  Does anyone know if this is on the river side of Folsom  where all the eucalyptus trees are now.....or where the Jewish restaurant was?

There's already a bunch of homes being wrapped up on the East side of Folsom behind the office buildings (the new street is Colner back there).

Anyone know?

#2 kcrides99

kcrides99

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 03:40 PM

No, its on the other side of folsom/auburn.

#3 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 05:43 PM

I think that land you described is state land.  I think they are going across the street from that development you describe on Colner.

#4 slowthegrowth

slowthegrowth

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,318 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 08:24 AM

Is this going up in the wetlands then? I'm confused as to where, exactly, this will be

#5 newday

newday

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 03:56 PM

Check out Parkshore from behind WinCo/the Goodwill store through to Folsom Blvd.  They have already built a neighborhood and will be expanding.

#6 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 07:44 AM

Is this going up in the wetlands then? I'm confused as to where, exactly, this will be

That's my understanding, but not "in" the wetlands.  It backs up to the wetlands It was originally zoned for commercial.  I thought it was supposed to be called "The Islands" and it was going to be something like 315 homes when completed, but there may have been zoning changes since the first time I posted something about it a couple years ago.

#7 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 07:50 AM

So it is going to be across Parkshore from the current new homes ?   I am still confused...    So it is not really at Folsom Blvd ? 

Another great  day in the adventure of exploration and sight.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has"
-Margaret Mead-

#8 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 09:15 AM

So it is going to be across Parkshore from the current new homes ?   I am still confused...    So it is not really at Folsom Blvd ? 

I may stand corrected.  The map in the Business Journal article doesn't show a cross street with Parkshore.  It says it is 18 acres and I'm not sure if the parcel across from the homes on Colner is that large.

It's really hard to tell, but the description says it is bordered by Willow Creek and the curve in road on Parkshore and the entrance depicted to the community looks like it's across from Colner according to Google Satellite image.

#9 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 11:13 AM

I may stand corrected.  The map in the Business Journal article doesn't show a cross street with Parkshore.  It says it is 18 acres and I'm not sure if the parcel across from the homes on Colner is that large.

It's really hard to tell, but the description says it is bordered by Willow Creek and the curve in road on Parkshore and the entrance depicted to the community looks like it's across from Colner according to Google Satellite image.

That IS across the street from the new housing on Parkshore.  The is a paved section as an entrance from when they first set up the housing area across the street  for commercial grading.   That parcel is certainly 18 acres and more if you include the edging of Willow Creek to the far right.   

Another great  day in the adventure of exploration and sight.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has"
-Margaret Mead-

#10 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 02:47 PM

That IS across the street from the new housing on Parkshore.  The is a paved section as an entrance from when they first set up the housing area across the street  for commercial grading.   That parcel is certainly 18 acres and more if you include the edging of Willow Creek to the far right.   

Yeah, you're right.  Thanks for clearing that up.

#11 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 06:06 PM

there goes more open space and habitat.  lots of wildlife living in that area, old ag/dredging land reclaimed by nature....until now.

Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#12 kcrides99

kcrides99

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 07:47 AM

Luckily there are laws protecting the environment... Looking at the map shown here:http://www.folsomtel...-homes-be-built the wetlands and riparian habitat appears to be in tact. The development looks to be in the area that has been disked over for years..

#13 kcrides99

kcrides99

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 07:52 AM

Oh and here is the staff report from when it was approved: https://www.google.c...B0yI5s0y1GNYyHg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users