#16 zoltar

zoltar

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 05:57 PM

I love this topic,

Hey I just thought of a great Idea

Once the parkign signed go up I will rent out my driveway and wash the student cars while they are in school. I am sure I could advertise for
50 bucks a month to park and walk
plus a once a week wash!

#17 pet lover

pet lover

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 06:59 PM

I find no problem with limiting parking on and around that area. I work down the street at Gallardo and it is a zoo on the corner and down the street in the morning when I go to work and if I leave right after the school day (which isn't too often). I could swear cars were parked illegally, but never seemed to see them ticketed. I feel for the homeowners that are impacted, but it will be troublesome for residents who need to park their own cars on the street and cannot.
QUOTE(zoltar @ Jul 25 2008, 02:11 PM) View Post
That lot is mostly for visitors it should be just a senior lot and more any visitors or teachors to tha main area. Flow would be extremly better. Also someone needs to try and solve the problem.

#18 pet lover

pet lover

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 07:02 PM

The situation is gotten worse over the last five years I have traveled that route. The students don't park correctly, in my opinion, and loiter often smoking while elementary students walk to school with an adult. Maybe the area you lived in provided a better environment for the neighborhood. I am glad the school is willing to discuss the issue because if I was a resident and people were always parking in front of my house, smoking, and sometimes leaving litter I would be annoyed too!!!
QUOTE(folsom500 @ Jul 25 2008, 02:30 PM) View Post
I do not think so - I have lived previously near a HS where they parked on the street and as long as they parked correctly it was no problem -- Nor do I see any problem with them parking in Prairie Oaks...

Like I said if it is the litter and the hanging out - we have existing laws that could be enforced about that --- Otherwise - it is just folks saying NIMFY --

Push the school to deal with the parking issue as many others have-- in a productive way to facilitate the needs of students...

Cheers
F500

#19 pet lover

pet lover

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE(tessieca @ Jul 25 2008, 04:42 PM) View Post
The heading is misleading. This isn't a FHS issue, it's a neighborhood issue, and some select people who live in this community are choosing to park on a street instead of in the provided parking lot.
No, it's a staff lot with some visitor parking. This change isn't going to happen because there would be no place for staff to park. And why seniors need their own lot is beyond me. There is plenty of parking in the student lot, and no special dispensation needs to be given to seniors who are too late or too lazy to walk the distance from the student lot to the school grounds.

There are a lot more seniors than staff, and if each of them drives solo that upper lot wouldn't hold them anyway.

+100,000...

#20 harrmill

harrmill

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 08:52 PM

I don't live in the impacted area, but I do pass thru there when dropping my kids off at Gallardo, and the neighbors have every right to raise their voices - I would in a heartbeat seeing the trash, illegal parking, and loitering going on before school.

It is my observation that the turn signals and general traffic flow around the school along Prairie City are mostly to blame, as well as the general proximity of the neighborhood to classrooms - it is a lot closer walk than having to park out in the back-9 of the parking lot, and no hassles with the left turns.

#21 normajean

normajean

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 10:18 AM

I don't live in the impacted area, do drive by on occasion (no not, do drive-bys laugh.gif ).

Call me crazy, but if anyone, teenager of not, parked in front of my home, so be it, I don't own that piece of the street. However, IF that person(s) were smoking illegally, littering my yard, vandalizing any of my property or the city's, etc. I would call the police every time it happened. I would not advocate for parking on a public street to be banned, parking is legal.

Why don't all of the resident this affects call the police, not the school, and have the illegal activity addressed? What am I missing here?

#22 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 10:33 AM

I don't think you understand... we come home and trash is all over the neighborhood. We don't witness them actually throwing trash on the ground, but we see it after that. Pot smoking - by the time cops get there they are long gone anyway. Graffiti - it happens seldomly and it's gone usually pretty quick.

"Calling the cops" only scatters the cockroaches. They always come back. We have incoming freshmen who don't want to walk to school because they have to walk through the "sketchy" crowd. That's a problem.

#23 zoltar

zoltar

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 10:41 AM

QUOTE(normajean @ Jul 29 2008, 11:18 AM) View Post
I don't live in the impacted area, do drive by on occasion (no not, do drive-bys laugh.gif ).

Call me crazy, but if anyone, teenager of not, parked in front of my home, so be it, I don't own that piece of the street. However, IF that person(s) were smoking illegally, littering my yard, vandalizing any of my property or the city's, etc. I would call the police every time it happened. I would not advocate for parking on a public street to be banned, parking is legal.

Why don't all of the resident this affects call the police, not the school, and have the illegal activity addressed? What am I missing here?

OOO Please,

Tell me a city in the USA that doesn't have some form of parking restriction. How many parkng signs have you see in your life. Please let me know how many of Folsom Citizens are lining up to park in our neighboorhood. (Only High school Students) guess what if it was just FO HIGH staff, faculty we wouldn't have all the problems we do.

A neighbor of mine was chased 3 blocks because she was wearing her traditional clothing.
and was racially threatened. The police coem to late to many times.

The difference between a getto which was at one time brand new, and a our neighboorhood is we are not leaving and we are fighting for our rights and our way of life, liberty and
happ(I)ness.

Guess what were not going to let our hood fall into crapping high school punks hands.
The police, highschool, city council can all didledadle in red tape. Well if somethign doesn't happen A HAO will be formed and real fun will begin with 70 cars gettign towed and it will hit the national news. (Neighhoods across America are winnning the battle against, crime, drugs, smoking, ect) all because they didn't give up.

#24 asbestoshills

asbestoshills

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 11:38 AM

DITTO Zoltar! If you paid as much as Prairie Oaks residents, $123 a month for the schools, parks and common landscaping you too would be PO'd if a bunch of kids were running down your property.
Try selling a property when there are 15 cars on your street and you can barely get into your own drive-way....
Parking permits are the answer...Finally, a city that MAY listen to its tax paying citizens...If you have more cars than you can park in your driveway and garage; maybe you have too many cars???? Rent a garage or move to a neighborhood that allows RV parking...
Americans, don't just come in one color or race.

#25 TWIL11

TWIL11

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 12:01 PM

I am a resident of the neighborhood and what is equally bothersome to me are the teen-agers AND parents going to the elementary schools (Gallardo and Phoenix) that FLY through our neighborhood. I cannot tell you how many times I have almost been hit trying to back out of my own driveway. I know someone is thinking that since I am backing out I am the one who needs to be more careful which is true, but I kid you not, one second it all seems to be clear for me to back out and then someone is speeding past. Don't get me wrong the parking situation, the garbage the loitering is definitely a nuisance. IF it is decided that they will not enforce a parking limit to this area than maybe a little police patrolling may deter the people speeding and the teen-agers hanging out. Just a thought!

#26 pet lover

pet lover

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 03:49 PM

I was surprised not to see any law enforcement on my way to school this morning. I pass two schools before I get to my own and not one single cop! I did notice the corner looked good that is so often crowded off of Stewart.

#27 asbestoshills

asbestoshills

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 07:50 PM

There were no patrols today.....
Americans, don't just come in one color or race.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users