#1 Duke

Duke

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 08:22 PM

UPDATED: 6:21 pm PST January 19, 200
SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- "KCRA Investigates has uncovered exclusive new details about a criminal investigation into Folsom Lake Dodge, its owner and several employees.

The allegations include falsifying financial reports and overcharging customers with hidden fees and inflated pricing.

State investigators recently raided Folsom Lake Dodge and seized thousands of records, shredded documents, financial reports and computers.

An 11-page affidavit spells out a long list of allegations.

Investigators claim the dealership, its owners and several employees are committing fraud, falsifying financial statements, lying on credit applications and charging customers more than they agreed to pay.

According the affidavit, the dealership has allegedly used Social Security numbers of elderly people at a nursing home to establish credit and loans to buy a car.

The affidavit alleges that someone at the Social Security Administration is providing the dealership with blank Social Security cards.

The affidavit also alleges that Folsom Lake Dodge has converted purchases into lease agreements resulting in additional charges without the customers consent.

Investigators said current and former employees are willing to testify in court, and are cooperating with investigators and telling them fraud is so widespread, those involved are making more than $20,000 a month.

KCRA 3 Investigates tried repeatedly to contact the dealership and its attorney for comment, but the calls were not returned. No one at the dealership was willing to talk when reporter Josh Bernstein arrived in person Friday afternoon.

The criminal investigation is ongoing and no charges have been filed and no arrests have been made.
This not the first time Folsom Lake Dodge has been in trouble with the state.
A separate investigation resulted in the dealership being forced to close for two days. The owners were slapped with a $40,000 fine and their license was placed on probation.
That investigation focused on illegal advertising practices..."

Does anyone happen to know if this "establishment" is regulated by the City (i.e; business license, fire department inspections, etc.) ?

#2 MikeinFolsom

MikeinFolsom

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 08:58 PM

It is within the City limits, but Sac Metro provides first in fire services for that area.....who knows why????

#3 MikeinFolsom

MikeinFolsom

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 08:59 PM

And so very weird a car dealership running a shady business and doing things on the sly......

#4 folsombound

folsombound

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 4,040 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 09:03 PM

QUOTE(MikeinFolsom @ Jan 20 2007, 08:59 PM) View Post
And so very weird a car dealership running a shady business and doing things on the sly......

Like that would be unusual for a car dealership!

#5 Redone

Redone

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 09:21 PM

QUOTE(MikeinFolsom @ Jan 21 2007, 01:58 AM) View Post
It is within the City limits, but Sac Metro provides first in fire services for that area.....who knows why????

Recollection only- it wasn't originally part of Folsom and there is some revenue sharing. Kind of like...why did those apartments in the same are vote on the school bond. It's not a cut and dried area on some things.

#6 Duke

Duke

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 09:49 AM

I was wondering if the City is empowered to take Aministrative action against the dealership (...presuming the allegations are proved true, of course) and revoke the business license.

#7 nlove4ever

nlove4ever

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 09:08 AM

We have actually bought 2 cars from there (dont ask me why) and it was very shady. I was upside down in a car that I was trading in and they were willing to have the car stolen and totaled out for me if I had Gap insurance. Of course I didnt do it, but was surprised they offered.

On the truck we purchased from there, we walked in to sign papers and the price was not the same, nor was the interest rate we agreed on. If we didnt pay close attention they could have easily gotten over on us. We threatened to walk out of the deal so they did negotiate the price with us, but we never really got it down to where I wanted it at. I think it is all the excitement with buying a new car. I have learned my lesson there. I do regret the purchase and wish we could just give the truck back...hehe

#8 Orangetj

Orangetj

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 09:26 AM

Not surprising at all. We once looked at a Dodge Durango there, which was being represented as new with the manufacturer's sticker on the window. It just didn't look brand new inside to me, though, which I mentioned to the salesman. He said "it's new, it's just last year's model...make me an offer". When we turned the ignition on to check it out, sure enough the odometer read 12,000+ miles. Ridiculous.

#9 B&G

B&G

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 03:36 PM

QUOTE(nlove4ever @ Jan 22 2007, 09:08 AM) View Post
We have actually bought 2 cars from there (dont ask me why) and it was very shady. I was upside down in a car that I was trading in
and they were willing to have the car stolen and totaled out for me if I had Gap insurance. Of course I didnt do it, but was surprised they offered.

On the truck we purchased from there, we walked in to sign papers and the price was not the same, nor was the interest rate we agreed on. If we didnt pay close attention they could have easily gotten over on us. We threatened to walk out of the deal so they did negotiate the price with us, but we never really got it down to where I wanted it at. I think it is all the excitement with buying a new car. I have learned my lesson there. I do regret the purchase and wish we could just give the truck back...hehe

Offered to have your trade in stolen? You need to report that to the agency that is investigating them.

#10 M.M.I.Enterprises

M.M.I.Enterprises

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 07:58 PM

Swift Dodge- Dodge Quad Ram, 4.7, $17.1k after a 12k off incentive..beat that Folsom Lake Dodge..haha, I have walked out of there twice now.

p.s.--IP info is discrete and only seen by your eyes ..do not copy pic and spread around......as if it matters in a world of ever changing dynamic IP's....LOL (about the sign link )

M.M.I. Enterprises
Deck Refinishing / Floor Care / Pressure Washing ~~~~~~~>
~Kevin T.
Visit our website and Request Estimate Online today!!

#11 nlove4ever

nlove4ever

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 02:34 PM

QUOTE(B&G @ Jan 22 2007, 03:36 PM) View Post
Offered to have your trade in stolen? You need to report that to the agency that is investigating them.

I did think about it, but it is my word against theirs and I think it might be more of a hassle for me than it is worth???

#12 finance man

finance man

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE(folsombound @ Jan 20 2007, 09:03 PM) View Post

Actually it would be unusual. Whens the last time you walked on a car dealership and treated a salesperson with any respect.

People like this are the problem, not car dealerships. Grow up and look in the mirror. customers like you are teh problem of car dealerships.

#13 finance man

finance man

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 10:39 PM

QUOTE(folsombound @ Jan 20 2007, 09:03 PM) View Post

#14 finance man

finance man

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 10:50 PM

QUOTE(Duke @ Jan 21 2007, 09:49 AM) View Post
I was wondering if the City is empowered to take Aministrative action against the dealership (...presuming the allegations are proved true, of course) and revoke the business license.

Once the investigation is done and the guilty people go to jail as they should!!! Ford will probably take the store back let everyone go and start fresh with good people. Unfortunately the will always be bad seeds in any business. The good news is the bad seeds eventually get caught.

#15 M.M.I.Enterprises

M.M.I.Enterprises

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 12:11 AM

QUOTE(finance man @ Jan 26 2007, 10:50 PM) View Post
Once the investigation is done and the guilty people go to jail as they should!!! Ford will probably take the store back let everyone go and start fresh with good people. Unfortunately the will always be bad seeds in any business. The good news is the bad seeds eventually get caught.

QUOTE(finance man @ Jan 26 2007, 10:37 PM) View Post
Actually it would be unusual. Whens the last time you walked on a car dealership and treated a salesperson with any respect.

People like this are the problem, not car dealerships. Grow up and look in the mirror. customers like you are teh problem of car dealerships.

You did mean to say Dodge right? ...but anyways, Not to sound offensive but ya think your comments will be taken as hostile and proof of the car sales industry owning their reputation for a reason? If not, oh well..we all live in our own worlds I suppose...

..the whole world aint wrong about attorney's and slimey car salesmen are they? laugh.gif

p.s.--IP info is discrete and only seen by your eyes ..do not copy pic and spread around......as if it matters in a world of ever changing dynamic IP's....LOL (about the sign link )

M.M.I. Enterprises
Deck Refinishing / Floor Care / Pressure Washing ~~~~~~~>
~Kevin T.
Visit our website and Request Estimate Online today!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users