Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 08:16 PM

QUOTE(Barb J @ Aug 12 2008, 05:09 PM) View Post
I think it's safe to assume ...

Barb

I would say it's rarely ever safe to assume to know the reasons why someone else makes a decision when one doesn't have all of the facts. F&E may have just outbid Strikes and peon comments either way may have had absolutely no bearing at all.
I would rather be Backpacking

#137 Barb J

Barb J

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 08:09 AM

QUOTE(Bill Z @ Aug 12 2008, 09:16 PM) View Post
I would say it's rarely ever safe to assume to know the reasons why someone else makes a decision when one doesn't have all of the facts. F&E may have just outbid Strikes and peon comments either way may have had absolutely no bearing at all.

I read in the Telegraph today that Fresh and Easy isn't even taking the entire Ralph's space! I think it's safe to assume................

#138 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 05:44 PM

Well I guess Strikes aint coming....! Thanks a lot to the lady who fought this so hard...! You killed a great place that would have been really nice for me and my family to hang out. I can't stand you "nimbys" sometimes..... I think Karma is going to teach you a lesson. You are going to get something worse there and you will look back on what you did and wish for a Strikes....! It would be funny to see a tatoo parlor, a Centerfolds, Cigarettes Cheaper, a check cashing place, a skateboarding shop, and a liquor store all go in there.....! Thanks again for killing a nice, clean, family orientated business that wanted to come to Folsom....! Way to go...! Chris

1A - 2A = -1A

#139 kuitchercryn

kuitchercryn

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 05:20 PM

QUOTE(Chris @ Aug 13 2008, 06:44 PM) View Post
Well I guess Strikes aint coming....! Thanks a lot to the lady who fought this so hard...! You killed a great place that would have been really nice for me and my family to hang out. I can't stand you "nimbys" sometimes..... I think Karma is going to teach you a lesson. You are going to get something worse there and you will look back on what you did and wish for a Strikes....! It would be funny to see a tatoo parlor, a Centerfolds, Cigarettes Cheaper, a check cashing place, a skateboarding shop, and a liquor store all go in there.....! Thanks again for killing a nice, clean, family orientated business that wanted to come to Folsom....! Way to go...! Chris

Chris have you even read the Folsom Telegraph article? If you did you would realize the owner of Strikes is really proud to say that he doesn't care what the Lady, the Briggs Ranch Residents, or anyone from Folsom really thinks of his bowling alley coming in. The only reason he's not coming is because of a lease deal. If you think that the owner of strikes really cares about your family read this article: http://www.folsomtel...9...=&town_id=7

#140 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 05:24 PM

QUOTE(kuitchercryn @ Aug 14 2008, 06:20 PM) View Post
Chris have you even read the Folsom Telegraph article? If you did you would realize the owner of Strikes is really proud to say that he doesn't care what the Lady, the Briggs Ranch Residents, or anyone from Folsom really thinks of his bowling alley coming in. The only reason he's not coming is because of a lease deal. If you think that the owner of strikes really cares about your family read this article: http://www.folsomtel...9...=&town_id=7

I don't see anything in that article that mentions Chris, his family, or the majority of Briggs Ranch or Folsom residents. He did mention "(the opposition)" (he probably said 'they') in the following statement:

“The thing that’s disheartening is (the opposition) can say, ‘We won,’ even though they don’t have a clear idea of what we are,”

But I wouldn't use that sentence to establish his opinion on caring about Chris or his family.

Perhaps I'm missing it, but where do you see what "the owner of strikes really cares about your family" in that article?
"Ah, yes, those Gucci extremists and their Prada jihad!" --ducky

#141 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 05:31 PM

QUOTE(mylo @ Aug 14 2008, 06:24 PM) View Post
I don't see anything in that article that mentions Chris, his family, or the majority of Briggs Ranch or Folsom residents. He did mention "(the opposition)" (he probably said 'they') in the following statement:

“The thing that’s disheartening is (the opposition) can say, ‘We won,’ even though they don’t have a clear idea of what we are,”

But I wouldn't use that sentence to establish his opinion on caring about Chris or his family.

Perhaps I'm missing it, but where do you see what "the owner of strikes really cares about your family" in that article?

I'm missing it, too, then. That's a real stretch to come up with disregard for Folsom families in the Strikes owner's statement.

As for Chris's Karma statement, I have four out of the five businesses he mentions within walking distance of my home, including a bowling alley with cardroom to boot, and it ain't that bad. We don't have anything like Centerfolds, but we do have a massage parlor in a duplex with a neon "Open" sign that's open pretty much day and night.

Plus, I can walk to Mandares, neener-neener.

#142 ANGIE

ANGIE

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 12:53 PM

If you combine the following two quotes there is a level of arrogance on Strikes part. IMO

But Burcham said the search for a new Strikes location has nothing to do with the opposition’s concerns.

“It has nothing to do with neighborhood complaints or anything like that.”

On another note. I always get the window seat @ Phoa Bac, just so that I can see who comes & goes from the Massage Parlor you refer too.

#143 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 05:08 PM

QUOTE(ANGIE @ Aug 15 2008, 01:53 PM) View Post
On another note. I always get the window seat @ Phoa Bac, just so that I can see who comes & goes from the Massage Parlor you refer too.

I always wonder why the clientele park in the Rite-Aid parking lot and walk over when there's plenty of parking in front. tongue.gif

#144 joy

joy

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 06:29 AM

It's officially OUT. Fresh and Easy will go in there. How dissapointing... see today's home page on myfolsom.com..

the good thing is that Strikes has not given up Folsom and still looking for a location...

#145 FolsomH2O

FolsomH2O

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 09:59 AM

Yes, everyone here in the Briggs Ranch Plaza are very disappointed. We were all looking forward to having Strikes as our anchor tenant. I know it said they were still looking at Folsom, but I think they will end up in Elk Grove before we ever see them here.

Freash and Easy will only occupy about 1/3rd of the empty space that was once Ralph's. It will be interesting to see how they do across the street from a Raley's.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users