1 reply to this topic

#1 cybertrano

cybertrano

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,495 posts

Posted 23 January 2003 - 07:12 AM

The good news is that light rail may not have the chance to operate in Folsom tongue.gif

I am taking the light rail to work in downtown Sacramento. I drive from Folsom to Mather Field station and take the light rail from there. It takes 35 minutes for it to go 13 miles - too slow. I go home around 2:45 pm, and some of my fellow passengers are trouble makers, homeless, and appear-to-be gang members. I feel uneasy and threatened. They provoked me into physical confrontations couple times and I have to walk away. They are rude. (I am sorry for being very frank here)

I also use the Folsom to Downtown commuter bus service and I love it. The residents who are taking these buses are not anxious when the light rail will replace them. Light rail will take one hour going from downtown Folsom to downtown Sac.

If it ever will be operational in Folsom, it will only benefit the public assistance people who are not Folsom residents. They may not want to come to Folsom either – no reasons to do so.

Please read below -

Reference: (http://www.kxtv10.co...ull.asp?id=3434)

State Budget Crisis May Mean Deep Cuts to Public Transportation
Gov. Gray Davis has proposed cutting more than a billion dollars from state transportation funds, mainly from traffic congestion relief programs.

In the Sacramento area, that could mean the loss of more than $100 million for future projects. One of the projects that will be most sorely missed is a long awaited extension of Light Rail to the east. Sacramento Regional Transit had hoped to extend the Light Rail lines to downtown Folsom. Now it appears the project is likely to be either canceled outright or delayed for a long period of time.

A total of $139 million in transportation projects in the Sacramento area are on the chopping block. They include $70 million dollars for the south line Light Rail extension towards Elk Grove, $25 million for the expansion of the northeast Light Rail line to a double track, $34 million for replacing diesel engines with cleaner models, $7 million for improvements to the Watt Avenue-Highway 50 interchange, and $3 million for an upgraded Sheldon Road-Highway 99 interchange. The budget reductions could also mean the loss of $5 million in much needed Sacramento area road maintenance.

Local transportation officials are meeting with lawmakers to try and reduce the scope of the cuts, especially those that affect air quality.

#2 April

April

Netizen

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 23 January 2003 - 04:13 PM

Funny.......seems like the less of our money they have to spend, the better off we are!
I guess there is something to be said with the idea of
"Less Government"!
Seems the more tax money they have, the more they waste!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users