• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kymber1868

kymber1868

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 08:49 AM

Please Help Make a Difference in the Life of a Child!!!

Why: We would like to request your support in our efforts to raise funds to benefit the abused and neglected children that have been placed in the Foster Care/ Child Welfare System. In Sacramento County there is over 4500+ children in need. This year we are aiming to raise $30K to benefit these children.

Who: Sacramento CASA (www.sacramentocasa.org). Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) are trained community volunteers appointed by a judge as Officers of the court to speak up for children in juvenile court, and to help to humanize the often frightening and confusing child welfare and legal systems for these children.

What:
Walk N Rock For Kids – May 30th, 2010 fundraising event (www.walknrock.org)
This is a 5K walk from Raley field to the capital building and back. There will be live bands, food, and activities for the children. Later that night there will be a benefit concert with Heart and Sammy Hagar as the headliners. No cost to register if by 5/22/10. Each participant that raises $100 in sponsorships will receive an event T-Shirt. And each participant that raises $500 will receive a ticket to attend the concert.

Please Support Us:
We need more participants to walk with us!!

TO START/JOIN TEAM:
Online: www.walknrock.org
Click on: Register Here
Select: CASA Sacramento as the non-profit and follow prompts

TO DONATE:
Online: www.walknrock.org
Scroll down and select CASA Sacramento
Click on: Friends of CASA Sacramento
Click on: General Team Donation and follow prompts

Please contact: Kymberly Loya-Sacramento CASA at 916-875-3010 or kymberly@sacramentocasa.org if you need assistance or have questions.

Thank you so much!!!

#2 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 17 March 2010 - 08:15 AM

Good to see you here, Kymberly.

For my MyFolsomite friends, Kymberly is Sacramento CASA's fundraising staffer and a Folsomite hereself.

WELCOME, Kymberly!
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users