#1 EDF

EDF

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,517 posts

Posted 24 December 2003 - 07:17 AM

Dear Folsom Neighbors...

I was just slurping a cup of joe this morning and reading the local Folsom Telegraph...

You know all the fuss about noise I read in the papers is being generated by less than 100 people...

I don't know about you, but I like to see those planes fly over... doesn't bother me a bit...

Of course I have lived on Air Force bases until I was 24 so maybe its just me... but to be honest... I am a little tired of these Nimby's... I've been accused of being one... but in my opinion, these planes fly high enough for me at least that they don't bother me... and I see them just about everyday...

Am I being a little too "insensitive" to my neighbors....?

After all... That airfield was here long before any of us got here....

#2 Soccermom

Soccermom

Netizen

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 24 December 2003 - 09:43 AM

I think it depends where you live. Although I have not complained about it those planes sometimes feel like they are so close they are going to take the roof off my house and all the windows in my house vibrate. We are up on a hill so we can really hear and feel them when they fly over. It doesn't happen very often though. I used to live close to Ohare airport talk about airplane noise!

#3 EDF

EDF

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 4,517 posts

Posted 27 December 2003 - 09:28 AM

yea.... it depends on where you live, maybe..... but.... "so what"...

The airport was here long before any of us were... and you watch... there will be some noise "sensitive" nimby's that will all cost us some tax dollars...

When I lived in San Jose, Reid Hillview airport, a field much like our Executive Airfield, was constantly being harrased because there would be an occasional single plane crash either on a shopping mall roof or in a neighborhood.... but you know what.... whose is responsible for that....?

I'll tell you... it was the county that approved the development in the approach corridors... look at Rancho now... they are doing it there...

But these folks who are bitching about some fly over ought to just enjoy the sight of a plane and shut up... in my humble opinion of course....

One of the things I learned fighting development is that you have to offer an alternative... not just "say no".... and these folks don't have a viable alternative... except of course to sue somebody to "bring it all down man"..

California... what a great state... just another reason to scream out for "tort reform".... biggrin.gif

#4 Soccermom

Soccermom

Netizen

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 December 2003 - 10:27 AM

I have to admit it is quite a sight when these planes come over the hilltop at night and all you see is the landing lights. That is when they seem to be the closest. The lights are so bright. Close Encounters kind of look. Pretty neat!

#5 folsomBlondie

folsomBlondie

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 29 December 2003 - 02:37 PM

The Mather Field was here first, but then it was decommissioned around 1993 I believed. It has been adding more businesses AFTER the building up of the Northeast corner of Sacramento.

#6 EDF

EDF

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 4,517 posts

Posted 29 December 2003 - 03:50 PM

It was always opened if I remember... I think they had some air traffic guys there or nearby...

They never ever entended to permanently close that field... even if it was shut down...

I am sure in any real estate sales disclosure most folks were given some info about that flight plain...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users