• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 tgianco

tgianco

Living Legend

• 4,152 posts
  • Interests:Baseball, soccer, football, poker, wine, good food, reading

Posted 27 July 2007 - 05:53 AM

It looks tight! I've seen some kids playing around on it, and some workers are tightening things up during the day.

That field will be a lot of fun. If you've played any sports on the synthetic turf at Kemp (the one behind Home Depot, I believe), you'll know how fun the field can be, although you don't want to play on it when it's really hot.
In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.

#2 Redone

Redone

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 11:51 AM

Some will say the park is half finished. The reality is that it's one nice park !!

#3 FatBear

FatBear

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 10:01 AM

QUOTE(Redone @ Jul 28 2007, 12:51 PM) View Post
Some will say the park is half finished. The reality is that it's one nice park !!

WHEN will the rest of the park be finished????

#4 FabGab

FabGab

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 04:51 PM

QUOTE(FatBear @ Aug 13 2007, 11:01 AM) View Post
WHEN will the rest of the park be finished????

When they raise the rest of the money needed to pay for it to be finished.

http://www.livermoreprojectfinish.com/ http://www.livermoreprojectfinish.com/

#5 dimeracer

dimeracer

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 06:22 PM

Does anyone know what the rules are for using the field when football and soccer or not using it? I know dogs are not allowed. Can we play on it as we could before it was a synthetic surface? We hope we can still fly kites and throw the ball around on occasion.

My 7 year old son (and I) got a stern talking to by one of the football moms last night during our first visit there to watch the Jr Bulldogs practice. He was playing on a corner of the field with some of his friends and according to her, they weren't supposed to be on any part of the field. Maybe that's a safety thing just while practices are going on.

#6 FabGab

FabGab

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 07:27 PM

QUOTE(dimeracer @ Aug 16 2007, 07:22 PM) View Post
Does anyone know what the rules are for using the field when football and soccer or not using it? I know dogs are not allowed. Can we play on it as we could before it was a synthetic surface? We hope we can still fly kites and throw the ball around on occasion.

My 7 year old son (and I) got a stern talking to by one of the football moms last night during our first visit there to watch the Jr Bulldogs practice. He was playing on a corner of the field with some of his friends and according to her, they weren't supposed to be on any part of the field. Maybe that's a safety thing just while practices are going on.

I am a Jr. Bulldog parent and this is what we have been told.

grassy hill on the home side of the field.
- The turf area on the field, AND
around the field will be reserved
for PLAYERS, COACHES, and
BOARD MEMBERS ONLY.
-There are NO PETS, SCOOTERS,
BIKES OR SKATEBOARDS ALLOWED
inside the fenced field area.
- No Gatorade or other sports drinks
are allowed on the turf areas.
- No Gum or unshelled nuts (peanuts,
sunflower seeds, etc.) allowed
inside the field area.

Please, let’s all help keep our
new field clean!

-------

#7 tgianco

tgianco

Living Legend

• 4,152 posts
  • Interests:Baseball, soccer, football, poker, wine, good food, reading

Posted 17 August 2007 - 09:46 AM

QUOTE(dimeracer @ Aug 16 2007, 07:22 PM) View Post

Not sure about the rules while the football team is practicing or when soccer is out there, but it's for everyone's use when not reserved for those.

Were you there when your 7-year old received the stern lecture? Without knowing the rules (or whether the Mom said what she said out of safety concern for the kids), it's hard to comment on that. Most of the football folks seem very nice, although there are a few that double park like it's their personal parking lot.

We received a letter from the Junior Bulldogs asking for support and welcoming us to the practices and games. Nice touch, and we do support them.

I hope there is enough parking when they finish the park (according to the letter, possibly by summer '08... we'll see on that one). Will an additional 90 spaces do the trick (proposed)? Where will those spots be located (if anyone knows)? I hope it's connected to the current parking lot (like Kemp Park, with all the soccer fields).

The field is very nice, though, and it won't be closed during the winter for sod restoration. The neighbors and the public in general can use it all year round now (when not reserved for practices or games). Assuming my bones and some of my neighbors are up for it, we could have a nice "touch" football game (would love to play tackle, but I'm not stupid enough to want the pain that would ensue for the next week) at Thanksgiving, during the Holidays (New Years Day would be good) or during the halftime of the Super Bowl (don't watch it for the ads). Good times!
In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.

#8 FabGab

FabGab

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 10:10 AM

QUOTE(tgianco @ Aug 17 2007, 10:46 AM) View Post
I hope there is enough parking when they finish the park (according to the letter, possibly by summer '08... we'll see on that one). Will an additional 90 spaces do the trick (proposed)? Where will those spots be located (if anyone knows)? I hope it's connected to the current parking lot (like Kemp Park, with all the soccer fields).

Check out the link for the Livermore Park Project. http://www.livermoreprojectfinish.com/ There is a map for what the park will look like when it's done. Looks like they are adding another bathroom, a tots park, and more...

Attached File  livermore_park__Small_.gif   72.88K   30 downloads

#9 dimeracer

dimeracer

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 09:16 PM

QUOTE(tgianco @ Aug 17 2007, 05:46 AM) View Post
Not sure about the rules while the football team is practicing or when soccer is out there, but it's for everyone's use when not reserved for those.

Were you there when your 7-year old received the stern lecture? Without knowing the rules (or whether the Mom said what she said out of safety concern for the kids), it's hard to comment on that. Most of the football folks seem very nice, although there are a few that double park like it's their personal parking lot.

There were three kids playing on the corner of the turf, off of the gridiron while the Jr Buldogs were at about the 30 yardline running practice plays. One of the three kids was was my son and I was standing against the fence watching them. I did not feel that they were in any danger where they were playing. However, had I known of the rule that only players and coaches are allowed on the synthetic surface during practice, I would not have allowed him to play there, I just didn't know. There aren't any signs. I think she assumed we knew and were just ignoring the rule.
Whatever. I'm sure the rule is there for safety reasons and I understand. my main question was whether the field was available to the public when the Bulldogs are not using it, and you answered my question. Thanks.

#10 FatBear

FatBear

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 01:15 PM

QUOTE (tgianco @ Aug 17 2007, 10:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We received a letter from the Junior Bulldogs asking for support and welcoming us to the practices and games. Nice touch, and we do support them.

I hope there is enough parking when they finish the park (according to the letter, possibly by summer '08... we'll see on that one). Will an additional 90 spaces do the trick (proposed)? Where will those spots be located (if anyone knows)?

Just curious how that works out? I received the same letter, but probably tossed it out... Anyway, November '08, I walked over with my kids, and they were playing a game... My kids wanted to see what they were playing, but they wouldn't let us in without paying...

WTF??? Its a Public park and some "kids" playing a game... I could see the "field" being reserved for games and practices, but the area around the field too???...

I mentioned that I had received a letter that I thought had said the neighborhood could watch for free, but she said that was for the previous season, kind of to celebrate the field... ironic too, because it was late in the game, and the lady said "in 15 minutes you can come in for free"...

yes, I realize this thread is pretty old, but I was just thinking about it...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users