Photo

Sacramento 4th Most Courteous City In The U.s.

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16 Inwit

Inwit

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 08:47 AM

QUOTE (doj_gal @ Jan 8 2010, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The same situation happened to me when I was driving on 99 in Elk Grove by Elk Grove blvd. I was driving in the car pool lane and two men in a truck cut me off to get in the carpool lane. I am not an agressive driver so I just let it go. However, he was definelty not going with the speed of traffic and driving about 60 mph. I had about 5-6 cars behind me ridding my tail so I started to move closer to his truck. Well he decided to slam on his brakes super hard. I had no other choice but to pull my car to the left by the median to avoid hitting him or being hit. He swerved his truck at my car near the side that had my 1yr old son nearly pushing my car into the divide by inches. He tailed my car driving like a mad man; weaving in and out of traffic. I was scared to get off the freeway and get stuck at a light so I stayed on the freeway plus my destination was in Folsom.

I called 911 three times and I never got a CHP or any law enforcement to assist me as these two men made rude sexual gestures and tried to run me off the rode several times.
Although, I provided law enforcement with all the information I never got a response. Luckily, they got off at the Hazel exit and I continued on into Folsom. I was so scared and so was my son. I wish I would have followed thru and made a police report. People like that should be locked up!

Did you get their license plate?

n. 1. Inward sense; mind; understanding; conscience.

#17 doj_gal

doj_gal

MyFolsom's Back at it Kid!

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 04:41 PM

QUOTE (Inwit @ Jan 9 2010, 08:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did you get their license plate?

Yes, I did.

#18 Inwit

Inwit

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 07:41 PM

QUOTE (doj_gal @ Jan 9 2010, 04:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, I did.

and three 911 calls and no CHP or Sheriff after how many miles of driving.

Well, I don't blame you for not following the guy, you have a little one in the car, so I'm sure you were relieved when he exited the freeway and your ordeal was over.

I guess I would be prone to file a complaint with the 911 dispatch as to why no assistance ever arrived, but it's your call how much of a stink you want to make over it.
n. 1. Inward sense; mind; understanding; conscience.

#19 doj_gal

doj_gal

MyFolsom's Back at it Kid!

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 08:32 PM

QUOTE (Inwit @ Jan 9 2010, 07:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and three 911 calls and no CHP or Sheriff after how many miles of driving.

Well, I don't blame you for not following the guy, you have a little one in the car, so I'm sure you were relieved when he exited the freeway and your ordeal was over.

I guess I would be prone to file a complaint with the 911 dispatch as to why no assistance ever arrived, but it's your call how much of a stink you want to make over it.

It happened in Elk Grove and it lasted until Hazel exit in Orangevale. Yes, I called three seperate times, scared to death and all the 911 operators could say was they had someone on the way. I did not see one police or CHP and I doubt that although I gave them all of his information, that anything happened from it.

I should have made a report when it happened but I was just relieved it was all over. Lucky for them my husband wasn't in the car. However I doubt they would have pulled that garbage with a man in the vehicle.

As for making a complaint, it's not worth my time. State agencies suck for customer service, I should know I work for one!

#20 curiousity

curiousity

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 09:53 AM

QUOTE (doj_gal @ Jan 9 2010, 08:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It happened in Elk Grove and it lasted until Hazel exit in Orangevale. Yes, I called three seperate times, scared to death and all the 911 operators could say was they had someone on the way. I did not see one police or CHP and I doubt that although I gave them all of his information, that anything happened from it.

I should have made a report when it happened but I was just relieved it was all over. Lucky for them my husband wasn't in the car. However I doubt they would have pulled that garbage with a man in the vehicle.

As for making a complaint, it's not worth my time. State agencies suck for customer service, I should know I work for one!

Wow, that sounds like a real horrific experience. Glad to hear it ended with no one hurt.
Well, maybe not, it would have made a happier ending if you said, "they rolled their truck while exiting at Hazel". Then justice would have been served.

#21 Michael Hughes

Michael Hughes

Superstar

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 09:50 AM

Lies.

Tell me the last time you went to South Sacramento, Natomas, North Sacramento, or East Sacramento hell downtown even and found mostly gracious people. I can't.

#22 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 10:05 AM

Yeah, I know what you mean.

I end up being forced to keep my middle finger in the window nearly the entire drive in to work-and home, everyday! lmaosmiley.gif

#23 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 10:23 AM

QUOTE (Michael Hughes @ Jan 14 2010, 09:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lies.

Tell me the last time you went to South Sacramento, Natomas, North Sacramento, or East Sacramento hell downtown even and found mostly gracious people. I can't.

That doesn't mean the article is lies, it just means other places are even worse.
I would rather be Backpacking

#24 Michael Hughes

Michael Hughes

Superstar

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 10:49 AM

QUOTE (Bill Z @ Jan 14 2010, 10:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That doesn't mean the article is lies, it just means other places are even worse.

Maybe lies was harsh but I could not find one person (because I saw this report too) and joked about it with some friends. I've asked various friends, colleagues, even friends of friends about it. Not a huge number probably in the two to three dozen range. Not one agreed with me. Even my mom and aunt and uncle who live in other areas / states respectively and just visit could not see that based off trips they have come here.

I have lived out of country, in country, traveled from west to east coast and in between. Sacramento is one of the least courteous places I have ever seen let alone lived.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users