6 replies to this topic

#1 kathygrl

kathygrl

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 11:02 PM

Been following this since inception and I personally feel this poor guy was screwed by the "good old boys" of El Dorado...opinions? Seems as though they led him on to believe he could continue in his position and then "wham" he's let go....beware to the next poor soul filling this position!

#2 Rich_T

Rich_T

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 10:57 AM

What is the story here? I saw a blurb in today's Folsom Telegraph about this man being "fired", and then there was a letter to the editor about how "sorry" the board was for this way "this was handled". So what happened, anyway?

#3 Rich_T

Rich_T

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 03:07 PM

OK, so I decided to look up this story on the internet. Who knows how accurate the media portrays these things? I still have no idea what happened. It's impossible to tell. Does anyone have sound information, this many months after the fact? Kathygrl, what do you know? Why did you start this topic?

#4 apeman45

apeman45

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 06:58 PM

Pretty simple really. Skeel was hired to trim 100k from the budget which included getting rid of as much staff as necessary - at least that is what he was told. He was highly qualified and well liked by the employees and the public in his short 5 month tenure. He looked at the staffing levels and actually thought they were low from a previous reorginization and considered some hiring in some areas. I think they only have 27 full time employees. He thought he could outsource HR and save something like 80K a year by outsourcing that function. He also thought the assistant GM position at a higher salary than his at 130k a year was not vital so he proposed eliminating that. He went to the CSD attorney for advice on implementing that considerable cost savings. That's when the good ol boy network went into action to destroy Mr Skeel. The attorney violated confidentiality and tipped off the board and the affected employees of their eminent demise. Skeel didn't realize the HR rep was best friends with a board member. She fabricated some fake information about employees and called it whistle blowing saying Skeel did nothing about them. All the charges were proved false but the lies by the board just kept coming. The legal counsel wanted to keep the people in power who pay him. The board tried to cover their butts by making up ridiculous claims against Skeel saying he did not perform at a level they expected but they couldn't produce any reviews or anything with Skeels signature on it. The CSD is getting sued as they should be over this. Looks like a grand jury investigation against the board is underway and there are now at least 2 lawsuits pending. Pretty sad for the CSD, the employees and the community.

Google Village Life and then search Skeel if you want to read the sad tale of a good man's reputation being destroyed by an incompetent board and a couple of spiteful employees.

Here are the ridiculous charges that were brought against Skeel. It's gong to cost the taxpayers a lot of money because of this board and Skeel deserves at least a million which I'm sure could be better spent supplying services to the community.

http://www.mtdemocra...ns-REDACTED.pdf

#5 kathygrl

kathygrl

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 10:21 PM

Rich_T, just got back on the forum and saw your questions and then saw Apeman45's response...looks as though he filled in all the blanks. The whole deal just seems to me to be another example of how corrupt much of our society has become and how far people will go to save their own a**es! I just really feel bad for Skeel, he tried in earnest but was knocked down. The worst part....Skeel said himself that finding another similar position is going to be tough after all this publicity and he moved his family out here from Colorado, all for this position.

#6 Rich_T

Rich_T

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:09 PM

One never knows for sure, but you two seem pretty informed, and I have no reason to doubt what you wrote. I can feel sympathy for Skeel's position, though I think he'll come out all right after the lawsuit dust settles. I can also understand why existing employees would put up a fight, if they knew they were about to be fired by a new manager. Planning to fire people who can end up hurting you is a risky proposition, especially if you haven't yet mastered the political terrain.

#7 tsukiji

tsukiji

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts
  • Interests:Freedom. Family. Food. Funds.

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:07 PM

The lawyer who breached confidentiality should be disbarred. Assuming that the Village Life article is credible the whole lot of the CSD board should be fired as well as the HR manager.

I think there should be extremely harsh, compulsorily punishments for any person in an elected position who abuses his authority. It's a big thing with what's wrong in this world. There is a huge disparity and conflict of interest for those in charge.

I hope Skeel is reinstated and can successfully clean house -- sounds like nepotism among corrupt gangsters. Shame. Who needs to read about the city of Bell -- sounds like we've got our own version right here in our backyard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users