• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OctoberLily

OctoberLily

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts
  • Interests:My interests vary. However, they focus mainly on my husband and children. Getting my boys through college and creating a good life for themselves. I enjoy anything creative, artistic and thought provoking. Music ranges from Andrea Boccelli to some hiphop groups. I enjoy dancing, singing and life in general. Former U.S. Marine - pretty conservative in my opinions but always open to listening to what others have to say.

Posted 06 March 2003 - 11:48 AM

Am I the only one or has others seen these phenomenon?

In the past 2 weeks, I have seen several cars stop for a red light at an intersection and then after a second or two just go right through the intersection even though the red light is still flashing brightly.

I've notice this happening quite often on Iron Point Road and Oak Avenue Parkway. What is going on???????? huh.gif

I guess I'm just really concerned because my son just started driver's training this week and I had taken him out a couple of times and low and behold at the intersection someone just ignores the red light and blows right through the intersection even though they saw the red light and had stopped for it. I had a great time trying to explain that to my teenager. dry.gif

On his first driving lesson, his driving instructor warned him of the "Soccer Moms" on Blue Ravine. blink.gif

I've almost had accidents where an SUV Toyota Landcruiser almost ran into me while I was making a left turn because the SUV TL didn't stop for a stop sign.

I also saw a little boy almost get hit by a car while he was leaving Livermore Park because a car didn't bother to stop at the stop sign on Riley & McAdoo.

I'm really perplexed at how some drivers are here in Folsom. It's really scarey. sad.gif

What is the big RUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHH? censored.gif

Okey.......I'm off my soapbox.gif

"The only thing we can take with us from this life is the good that we have done to others."

"Our strength will be found in our charity." [Betty J. Eadie]

"Being a mom is the most rewarding job I have ever had!"

"SEMPER FIDELIS! USMC"

#2 Folsom Phillip

Folsom Phillip

Netizen

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 March 2003 - 12:37 PM

Was it a solid red light or blinking red light?

Blinking red lights mean to treat it like a stop sign.
Go Kings!

#3 Terry

Terry

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 06 March 2003 - 06:28 PM

I see red-light runners and other traffic offenders in Folsom on a regular basis and actually have called Folsom PD and given them the date, time, location, vehicle description and license plate number of the offending vehicle. Folsom police officers have told me that if it turns out it's a Folsom resident (and they're not too busy), they'll pay the offender a house call and remind them of the rules of the road.

The light at Iron Point and Oak Avenue Parkway is a famous spot for the tap and go stop, even though it has the fully-cycling traffic lights (not flashing). There are some times of the day/night when drivers ASSUME there's not much traffic there and they are just way too important to be bothered with honoring the rules of the road.

Really, you should be getting as much information about these types of offenders and call them into Folsom PD. And if you offenders are reading this post - beware, it's only a matter of time before you get caught!

#4 bettyemahan

bettyemahan

All Star

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 11:46 AM

You are absolutely right Terry! And another very common offence, especially by young people WITH A CELL PHONE IN ONE HAND, is the practice of quickly swerving from one lane into another in the narrow spaces between vehicles! This is very dangerous and especially bad now with the dam road closure.

#5 OctoberLily

OctoberLily

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts
  • Interests:My interests vary. However, they focus mainly on my husband and children. Getting my boys through college and creating a good life for themselves. I enjoy anything creative, artistic and thought provoking. Music ranges from Andrea Boccelli to some hiphop groups. I enjoy dancing, singing and life in general. Former U.S. Marine - pretty conservative in my opinions but always open to listening to what others have to say.

Posted 07 March 2003 - 01:11 PM

It was a solid red light. The person saw it. Stopped. Two seconds later takes off with the solid red light still there. wink.gif
"The only thing we can take with us from this life is the good that we have done to others."

"SEMPER FIDELIS! USMC"

#6 NRB

NRB

Superstar

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts
  • Interests:Secretary, FIDO Inc. (Folsom Independent Dog Owners) dedicated to bringing a dog park to Folsom and promoting responsible dog ownership. www.fidoinc.org <br /><br />Secretary, Friends of Folsom Parkways

Posted 07 March 2003 - 04:43 PM

My biggest pet peeve is the light at Iron Point and Prairie City. It never fails when I go to pick up my husband at Intel in the early evening that 3, 4 or sometimes even 5 people at a time will run the left hand turn light. Good thing I know better than to go when I get a green!!!!! I moved here from the Bay Area and believe me, I know traffic and Folsom doesn't have any, in comparison to the Bay! I just can't understand why everyone is in such a hurry around here or why they seem to leave their manners at home when they get in the car!?!?! What gets me is when these offenders have young children in the car. Our children are our most precious cargo. I can't believe they would be willing to put their kids lives at risk which such blatantly irresponsible behavior! mad.gif
Want a dog park in Folsom?
Go to www.FIDO Inc.org

#7 cybertrano

cybertrano

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,495 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 08:13 PM

I think these people came to Folsom from somewhere else and just brought the same bad and rushing habit with them. Ten years ago when I just came here from Boston, I kept the terrible Bostonian driving with me for awhile. ohmy.gif

Driving in general is getting worse compares to 10 years ago. I HATE the most is being tailgated by some huge SUV's or trucks!!!!!

#8 OctoberLily

OctoberLily

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 09 March 2003 - 09:58 PM

I went to Boston, MA to visit in-laws. What I liked best about Boston was that no matter what, Pedestrians have the "right of way".

I was at an intersection with a cross walk and was waiting for the walk signal. It never came but all the cars on all 4 sides stopped. I still stood there waiting for the signal until someone yelled out loud, "We are ALL waiting for you to cross!!"

I was surprised because I still had no walk sign - - so - - I crossed apologizing to all the cars... Boy, did I look like a tourist. tongue.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif

"SEMPER FIDELIS! USMC"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users