Photo

Anyone Else Broken Into Last Night Or Recently?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 slackgeek

slackgeek

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 04:38 PM

Live off of Loretto in 95661 zip code, near Maidu/Rocky Ridge. Locked car with anti-theft broken into last night (7/13-7/14) and stereo stolen, they ripped the hell out of the paneling to get it out, retards attempted to get into the trunk but couldn't figure out how to open it and opened the gas tank instead.

Just wondering if we were the only ones hit recently!

#2 MrsTuffPaws

MrsTuffPaws

Crazy Lady

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 06:09 PM

In case you didn't know, you can look at Folsom's Police Reports online. I don't think they list EVERYTHING, but you can get an idea of what's going on.

http://www.folsom.ca...log/default.asp

Sorry that happened to you. My car's been broken into a few times, but not lately. *knock on wood*

Edit: That will teach me not to look at what actual forum your post was in. But maybe Roseville Police has a similar site. Hey, it looks like they participate in Crime Mapping.
http://www.crimemapp...d8-992322c28709

#3 slackgeek

slackgeek

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 07:56 PM

QUOTE (MrsTuffPaws @ Jul 14 2010, 07:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In case you didn't know, you can look at Folsom's Police Reports online. I don't think they list EVERYTHING, but you can get an idea of what's going on.

http://www.folsom.ca...log/default.asp

Sorry that happened to you. My car's been broken into a few times, but not lately. *knock on wood*

Edit: That will teach me not to look at what actual forum your post was in. But maybe Roseville Police has a similar site. Hey, it looks like they participate in Crime Mapping.
http://www.crimemapp...d8-992322c28709

Yea, they do, I checked it out very thoroughly, but it shows that no crimes have been reported in my area since sometime in late June eek.gif I didn't really expect to get any bait, but, it's frustrating, ya know? Like, you feel kinda violated. I've had my car windows shot out and broken, but have never had anything stolen. Every other time it felt like dumb kids being dumb, hit and runs -- "hahaha I shot out your window, I'm SUCH a cool and funny teenager" -- but nothing actually rummaged through. This was different.... property was touched, stuff was taken, I don't feel safe anymore, and my 8-year old is now flipping out about the house possibly being broken into, ahhhhh!!!

I had a ~$900 debit card theft take place in Rocklin about ~6 months ago, I have no confidence that anything will happen or "be fixed" (what can the police do, really, with no witnesses or anything besides "this happened"?), but my hope -- sadly, cuz it sounds sad and messed up - was that maybe I wasn't the only one and that maybe someone else had something happen while I was sleeping peacefully last night, that way I would have SOMETHING to go by besides feeling like such a random target.

Thanks for your input though smile.gif

#4 MrsTuffPaws

MrsTuffPaws

Crazy Lady

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 08:06 PM

Did you at least make a police report?

You're right, there's likely nothing they can do. Except keep track of it.

When I was 8, someone broke into my parent's car and stole my sleeping bag. (maybe other stuff, but my sleeping bag was all I knew about). It was very upsetting, but it wasn't scary. I'm not sure how my parent's managed that.

#5 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 07:50 AM

QUOTE (MrsTuffPaws @ Jul 14 2010, 09:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did you at least make a police report?

You're right, there's likely nothing they can do. Except keep track of it.

When I was 8, someone broke into my parent's car and stole my sleeping bag. (maybe other stuff, but my sleeping bag was all I knew about). It was very upsetting, but it wasn't scary. I'm not sure how my parent's managed that.

There is something they can do, and that is notify you in the event they recover your stolen property. Theives like this aren't always the smartest and there is a chance they will get caught for something and your stolen property might be recovered. the police end up with lots of stuff they have no idea who owns it because of people that don't bother reporting to them when they have been robbed.
I would rather be Backpacking

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users