17 replies to this topic

#1 webuser

webuser

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 06:02 PM

I tried the one that's in Rocklin or Roseville yesterday and it was OK. It was slightly interesting to have all the seating outside and the individual ordering intercoms at all the parking spaces.
The place was nearly empty at 5PM, so it will be difficult for them to survive.
I tried their most basic burger and it was just OK. It was cheap at $2.49, but an In-N-Out single burger is about the same price range and tastes better. Even a McDonald's Big and Tasty is about as good. I tried a chocolate malt and there was nothing special about it at all. I have had better shakes/malts at Carl's Jr and Wendy's
I didn't really like the ordering outside and having them bring the food out to you on skates like in the 50's movies because all it accomplished was making you feel obligated to give a tip for fast food.

#2 Andrea V

Andrea V

Girl ur mom warned u about!

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 06:19 PM

QUOTE (webuser @ Jan 14 2009, 06:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I tried the one that's in Rocklin or Roseville yesterday and it was OK. It was slightly interesting to have all the seating outside and the individual ordering intercoms at all the parking spaces.
The place was nearly empty at 5PM, so it will be difficult for them to survive.
I tried their most basic burger and it was just OK. It was cheap at $2.49, but an In-N-Out single burger is about the same price range and tastes better. Even a McDonald's Big and Tasty is about as good. I tried a chocolate malt and there was nothing special about it at all. I have had better shakes/malts at Carl's Jr and Wendy's
I didn't really like the ordering outside and having them bring the food out to you on skates like in the 50's movies because all it accomplished was making you feel obligated to give a tip for fast food.

you felt you needed to tip? Weird... you don't tip fast food when they bring it to your table at Carl's Jr..... no tip. tongue.gif

I like the outside eating in your car thing, kinda cute. smile.gif

Food is OK at best, but we liked the shakes/ice cream. It was cute... I wish in-n-out was like that... they will be waaaaay too busy though.
<3

#3 Darth Lefty

Darth Lefty

Disco Infiltrator

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,578 posts
  • Interests:Volunteer with a service club like Active 20-30, and you CAN make a difference!

Posted 14 January 2009 - 07:52 PM

The food is okay... never saw the attraction though
"I enjoy a bit of cooking, and this has always worried me. But it's OK. I only like it because it allows me to play with knives." - James May

Genesis 49:16-17
http://www.active2030folsom.org

#4 Malibu_Adam

Malibu_Adam

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 08:14 PM

Hope I dont gross anyone out... but I refuse to eat at any Sonic Burger ever since the day my gf and I ordered food and found gum wrapped in a straw wrapper inside our bag of food, and then gum stuck to the inside of the burger wrapper...
blink.gif

#5 pet lover

pet lover

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 08:27 PM

That is gross. Are you sure the preparer/server just didn't like you. I will warn my parents not to eat Sonic in Merced if the prior isn't applicable.
QUOTE (Malibu_Adam @ Jan 14 2009, 08:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hope I dont gross anyone out... but I refuse to eat at any Sonic Burger ever since the day my gf and I ordered food and found gum wrapped in a straw wrapper inside our bag of food, and then gum stuck to the inside of the burger wrapper...
blink.gif

#6 Duke

Duke

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 08:54 PM

Wouldn't go there for the food....

A good place, however, to stop and quaff a frosty beverage on the road. I've visited several of them off "the 10" in the Phoenix-metro area. Some of the small town shops are a kick in the pants to visit--farming rigs pulled into the parking stalls, local folks hanging out---a nice slice of Americana if you're traveling.

#7 Suburban Pool Service

Suburban Pool Service

MyFolsom Pool Janitor

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • Interests:Suburban Pool Service
    P.O. Box 1627
    Folsom, Ca 95763

Supplies /Weekly Service / Satisfaction

on the web at
    weservicepools.com

(916) 792-4836
    email service@suburbanpoolsupply.com

Posted 14 January 2009 - 08:56 PM

They were the largest fast food chain when I lived in Austin Texas, more so than a McDonalds. In Texas Sonics are like the Roundtable Pizza outfits here where little leagues and sporting clubs flock to them after games, even church on Sunday. I never got into them personally or saw the attraction but I can tell you Texan's love it. I liked their competition a lot better "Whataburger" Ironically Californians just aren't as enthusisastic about Sonic but it could be because we have In-N-Out burger?

-Ryan
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming
"Wow! What a Ride!"

weservicepools.com

#8 Duke

Duke

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 09:11 PM

QUOTE (Suburban Pool Service @ Jan 14 2009, 08:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
... In Texas Sonics are like the Roundtable Pizza outfits here where little leagues and sporting clubs flock to them after games, even church on Sunday... Ironically Californians just aren't as enthusisastic about Sonic...

-Ryan

Indeed, sir. It's the absence of Americana.

#9 Ram_it!

Ram_it!

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles<br />Trucks<br />Boats<br />camping<br />

Posted 14 January 2009 - 09:18 PM

If there were one in Folsom, I would go there. The food is just okay. Theres nothing outstanding but its still good. I like the range in menu items. A bit like a modernt day dairy queen with a 50's drive in twist.
"I know that I am intelligent, because I know that I know nothing."
Socrates

#10 Revolutionist

Revolutionist

Liposuction for the brain

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 09:31 PM

You don't go to sonic for a burger

you go for the Onion Rings
you go for the tater tots
you go for the cherry limeaide and slushies
If you must eat a "main" get a breakfast burrito or maybe popcorn chicken

Posted Image

#11 Suburban Pool Service

Suburban Pool Service

MyFolsom Pool Janitor

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • Interests:Suburban Pool Service
    P.O. Box 1627
    Folsom, Ca 95763

Supplies /Weekly Service / Satisfaction

on the web at
    weservicepools.com

(916) 792-4836
    email service@suburbanpoolsupply.com

Posted 14 January 2009 - 09:48 PM

QUOTE (Revolutionist @ Jan 14 2009, 09:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You don't go to sonic for a burger

you go for the Onion Rings
you go for the tater tots
you go for the cherry limeaide and slushies
If you must eat a "main" get a breakfast burrito or maybe popcorn chicken

Awe, your so right I almost forgot what Sonic was really all about. Going to have to find one and arrange for a Limeaid Slushy this week.

-Ryan
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming
"Wow! What a Ride!"

weservicepools.com

#12 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 09:55 PM

Whenever I travel to Oregon for work, I love to visit Sonic. Something about late night tater tots!

#13 Malibu_Adam

Malibu_Adam

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 10:41 PM

QUOTE (pet lover @ Jan 14 2009, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That is gross. Are you sure the preparer/server just didn't like you. I will warn my parents not to eat Sonic in Merced if the prior isn't applicable.

Yeah, im pretty sure I was just a random target, everyone likes me! LOL jk I kinda have bad luck with fast food... I found live ants in my whopper before!

It wasnt in Merced though.. it was next door in Atwater... the merced one was always good to me.. biggrin.gif

#14 Duke

Duke

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 10:42 PM

QUOTE (john @ Jan 14 2009, 09:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Whenever I travel to Oregon for work, I love to visit Sonic. Something about late night tater tots!

Tater Tots...A 'lil slice of Americana that still exists.

#15 palango

palango

unknown soldier

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 11:26 AM

I had it once in Woodland. Very aveerage. They spend so uch $$ on advertising, but the taste is severely dissapointing., INNOUT is waaaaaay better taste.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users