17 replies to this topic

#1 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 03:38 PM

Imagine this happening a million times over folks, cops coming to get your guns.  This time it was the law abiding citizen in his home but next time the odds of cops dying are very high.  Think about it.  So many gun owners are just like this guy, law abiding, and will not go down without a fight, not happening.  Be careful what you wish for and legislate, especially when it goes against the Constitution, the part of it the left does not like.   Chris  

Breaking: First Gun Confiscation Killing Reported in Maryland

https://conservative...qE813muisAJgY_g

This is absolutely tragic. Police officers in Anne Arundel County, Maryland arrived at a man’s home to confiscate his guns under the state’s Red Flag law. When he answered the door holding a gun, a fight ensued and they shot him dead.
For months, we have been warning you about the so-called “red flag” bills that are being passed in states around the country. These laws allow family members, friends, and even complete strangers to turn gun owners into police to have their firearms confiscated. It is then up to the gun owner to prove that he or she deserves the right to keep and bear arms. It completely turns the justice system on its head. Under these laws, gun owners are presumed guilty until proven innocent.

On Monday morning, police officers in Anne Arundel County, Maryland showed up confiscate 60-year-old Gary J Willis’ guns. A family member had called police and asked them to suspend Gary Willis’ gun rights, and the local police department was more than happy to oblige.

When the pounding on the door began at 5:17 am, Gary showed up to his door holding a firearm. When he saw it was police, he put the gun down to talk to them. But then, the officers informed him they were there to confiscate all of his weapons.

Imagine how you would feel. You wake up out of a sound sleep to pounding on your door. You grab a gun in case it is a criminal, but it turns out that the police are there to confiscate your guns without even accusing you of committing a crime…

Gary Willis refused to comply with the confiscation order. That is when the fight broke out. During the struggle, one of the weapons discharged. Police, fearing for their lives, opened fire on Gary Willis, killing the 60-year-old man in his own home.

Gary Willis was not charged or even accused of committing a crime. All of this happened because one extended family member told police she was worried that he was dangerous. No evidence, no proof… just one person’s word. And now, an innocent man is dead.

This is the future if Paul Ryan and the establishment Republicans get their way. They are working with Democrats on a nationwide “red flag” bill authorize these kinds of gun confiscations across the country.

Gary Willis lived in the home with other family members, including his niece Michele Willis. She told reporters that she had no idea why this happened. “I’m just dumbfounded right now. My uncle wouldn’t hurt anybody.”.............

1A - 2A = -1A

#2 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 04:21 PM

Now why would they show up at 5 am? That seems like just asking for trouble.  I too would grab a gun if someone was pounding on my door at 5 am.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#3 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 04:35 PM

You and me both Joe.  Kick my door down and I will drop you, and maybe the three or four guys behind you.  I am not waiting to see what you look like or if you have a badge.  This is not how things are done to law abiding citizens and their households.   

1A - 2A = -1A

#4 UncleVinnys

UncleVinnys

Just visiting this planet.

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,263 posts
  • Interests:Truth Prevails

Posted 10 November 2018 - 05:33 PM

Was the man ever quoted as saying "From my cold, dead hands . . .?"

1 God: 1 World: 1 People     :peaceman: 

#5 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 05:34 PM

I support law enforcement, but that was just stupid. The entire story is ludicrous.

#6 DT1039

DT1039

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 11:52 PM

If this guy was law abiding, he would have complied with the police officers' instructions.  A sensible person would have surrendered his guns and then worked to straighten things out to get them back.

#7 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 08:52 AM

If this guy was law abiding, he would have complied with the police officers' instructions.  A sensible person would have surrendered his guns and then worked to straighten things out to get them back.

Problem is that it was not lawful.  Someone just said, anonymously of course, that he was "a potential" threat and owned guns.  This is how it works now, anyone who doesn't like you, a romantic break up, a divorce, a custody battle, a restraining order and you lose your guns. Now you just been "Red Flagged".   No trial, no way to defend yourself in court, no warning, no judgement by your fellow citizens, they just come and get them.  Secondly, do you know what it is like once you can get your guns back, over a year later in most cases?  You have to file paperwork for each gun, pay a fee for each gun, you have to get a judge to sign off that you can get your guns back, and when you get them back they are often damaged badly due to poor storage conditions and "trips to the range" by officers.  They are never cleaned, never oiled up, never stored well with care.  They are just thrown into a trunk, a locker, a gun room at the PD, damaged by abrasion and being wet.  Obviously you have never read stories about guns confiscated by the police and how hard it is to get them back, if you can.  And lastly, do you have any idea how costly this can be...?  The government fees, your attorney fees, and your time that it takes to get them back, at least a year if you stay on it.  And all this because someone dropped a dime on you, "Red Flagged" you, said you were scary and that you own guns.  That is all it takes now a days.  Kinda like the communist and nazi times, when you just got "informed on" and you got sent away......  In this case, just your guns, for now.  Read below, educate yourself.

https://www.offthegr...coast-to-coast/

https://www.quora.co...d-by-the-police

https://www.thenewam...st-parkland-law

1A - 2A = -1A

#8 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 09:54 AM

BUY NOW!!:  Thanks to Islam, Liberalism, open borders, election fraud, and constant hate spewed by the insane Left, for many people it's now time to buy a gun. Story below.

https://www.usatoday...uns/1947476002/

thumbnail-concealed-weapon.png

#9 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 10:52 AM

Aces, I can't....   I'm on "restriction".......   Job loss last year did not help either.....   I really do want to get another carry weapon...   Thinking that S&W M&P 9 M2.0, 4" COMPACT CRIMSON TRACE GREEN LASERGUARD THUMB SAFETY....

12414_01_lg.jpg?itok=Nnrhhrvn

1A - 2A = -1A

#10 UncleVinnys

UncleVinnys

• Premium Member
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 11:29 AM

Wait! "Job Loss?"

Didn't your buddy Donald help with that?

Can't he assist you with buying weapons?

Didn't the tax break make you rich?    :deadhorse:

Oh, that's right - - 83-cents of every dollar went to the top 1%.

Oh, and 100% must be repaid by the middle class.       :headbang:

Hey, do you still worship Trump and his policies?         :KOOLAID: 

Is it possible there's a CLUE here about a fault in the reasoning process?   :CRAZYLOCO:

#11 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 02:42 PM

Wait! "Job Loss?"

Didn't your buddy Donald help with that?

Can't he assist you with buying weapons?

Didn't the tax break make you rich?    

Oh, that's right - - 83-cents of every dollar went to the top 1%.

Oh, and 100% must be repaid by the middle class.       

Hey, do you still worship Trump and his policies?         

Is it possible there's a CLUE here about a fault in the reasoning process?   

Actually due to Obama Care, the excessive taxes from Obamacare added to my company, $1.5 million dollars a day in taxes was added to my company's liability, every day, in addition to all the other taxes they paid.  Yes, I worked for a pharmaceutical company (evil drug company to you liberals).  So anyway, that is like 550 million dollars a year more.  So what do companies do?   They cut headcount and run as lean as they can.  Thus me and a few hundred others were laid off.  It happens......

But I am ok, no one owes me anything, not a living, not a job.  I was an "at will" employee and I like it that way.  I am educated, smart, a capitalist, I work hard, I play well with others, I am on time-all the time-every time, no exceptions, I am dependable, I do it the company way, the way they want it done, I don't do drugs, I am the perfect employee.  That is why I found another job on my own and they like me very much, actually much closer to home and better hours (day shift).

Oh, and when I was unemployed I finally found out what it is like to be a liberal democrat, stay home, sleep in, not work, and get my EDD card filled up with money, every week, for free....!  Man that was fun for awhile but I did get bored after I ran out of projects to do around the house.  Then I started back packing around the Folsom hillsides and I'd bring back 30 to 40 lbs of garbage, mostly beer cans and bottles, a lot of broken glass too, fast food packaging, and you would not believe how many golf balls are out there laying around the fields.  I must have picked up over 150...!   Anyway, it was great exercise and I cleaned up the environment, made it better.   Then I got a job again and messed that free time all up....   Oh well...

And 83 cents on the dollar for the top 1%...?   The top 20% pay 87% of all the income taxes and the top 1% pay almost 40% of all the taxes.  So just be quiet about taxes, you democrats have no dog in that fight...!

And I do like Trump, he keeps his promises, he is great for the economy and our country, and he drives you leftists nuts....!    What else could I ask for except maybe Ronald Reagan, Charleton Heston, and John Wayne being resurrected from the grave and maybe make another movie, a Western of course, with Tarantino directing.

Enjoy your booming economy Tio Vinny.  Come on, be happy, stop complaining.....!  All that anger, envy, and hate is not good for your soul....!

Chris

1A - 2A = -1A

#12 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 03:34 PM

I have the compact version of that S&W. I love it. I would definitely get the carry version if I ever wanted to do concealed.   Never had any issues with it

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#13 UncleVinnys

UncleVinnys

• Premium Member
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 05:20 PM

In all seriousness, Chris, sorry for your loss.

Interesting - like being "Liberal for a Day" or something.

Still don't understand. Didn't the tax break package give companies tons on excess cash?
Did they put ALL their cash flow into stock buy-backs and give nothing to the employees?

#14 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 06:48 PM

Thank you Tio Vinny, but not a loss, a door closed and another door opened, just some hard work in between....   Which only builds character, makes you stronger, makes you appreciate the little things in life....!

And the "liberal democrat for a day" thing was all about not working, staying at home, nothing to do, but still getting a check from government..  How cool was that....!  I know too many "democrats" who do this, constantly unemployed, underemployed, a few in my own family.  They are constantly on the dole and complaining about government, Republicans, Capitalism, "big business"............ And all the time they thought Hillary and Bernie were anointed saints and walked on water.  They don't take jobs because they think they are above them.....   I actually took a job for $15 an hour just to get off the dole, out of the house, off the unemployment (I was making $18 an hour on unemployment by the way).  Hard to go from making over 6 figures a year to working a dead end job at $15 an hour, and around dope smokers and people who never graduated from high school....   But anyway, I did it to stay busy.  They are still there, I am not, moved on to something better, always looking, back in the lab, doing chemistry, making cool stuff, seeking to improve my situation and my income at every opportunity.  

And just look at what corporations did with their tax breaks, the liberals favorite, WalMart did well, very well, and their employees are happy, I know a few of them.  Stop and talk with them, many of them are very smart and well read.  Good folks, young to old.     

Tax reform windfall: These companies are hiking pay, delivering bonuses

https://www.foxbusin...ivering-bonuses

Cox Enterprises said Wednesday the majority of its employees will receive bonuses of up to $2,000 following the passage of tax reform.

The Atlanta-based company, which owns the Cox cable provider among other businesses, announced that bonuses of $1,000 to $2,000 will be distributed on Tax Day to employees who have worked at Cox Enterprises for at least a year and are not part of an executive incentive plan. The move impacts most of the company’s nearly 60,000 employees.

The $1.5 trillion tax bill reduces the corporate tax rate from 35% to 21% and changes the way the U.S. government taxes companies that also operate internationally.

FOX Business is keeping track of the tax benefits that have reached over 3 million Americans so far.

1A - 2A = -1A

#15 UncleVinnys

UncleVinnys

• Premium Member
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 10:09 PM

You did well during your ordeal.

The jury is still out on the tax breaks.
We'll see.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users