21 replies to this topic

#16 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 06 June 2008 - 06:54 AM

QUOTE(Orangetj @ Jun 5 2008, 05:08 PM) View Post
Is it a yellow Lamborghini? If so, it's probably the same guy who flies past our house in EDH every so often. Apparently, that thing has only two speeds - stop and crazy fast! My kids call it the "race car" when they hear him coming and then see him flash by.

maybe a few speed bumps on the street near the school could help slow down the speed demons

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#17 MSgt

MSgt

Living Legend

• 3,405 posts
  • Interests:Camping
    Reading
    Fishing
    Read and discuss about spiritual matters

Posted 06 June 2008 - 06:57 AM

We are putting up gates at Natoma Station West. We are sick and tired of those Natoma Station East low lifes coming down into our neighborhood. I think they are posting guard towers as well. Neighborhood watch in action.

#18 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 06 June 2008 - 07:21 AM

QUOTE(MSgt @ Jun 6 2008, 07:57 AM) View Post
We are putting up gates at Natoma Station West. We are sick and tired of those Natoma Station East low lifes coming down into our neighborhood. I think they are posting guard towers as well. Neighborhood watch in action.

laugh.gif

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#19 Orangetj

Orangetj

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 07:51 AM

QUOTE(davburr @ Jun 6 2008, 07:54 AM) View Post
maybe a few speed bumps on the street near the school could help slow down the speed demons

My recollection (from what I remember of a similar issue) is that the city doesn't believe speed bumps actually slow people down. Also, there was a concern about the impact speedbumps might have on emergency response vehicles. Of course, the need for emergency response might be reduced if people didn't drive like every city street is a freeway.

#20 Class 4

Class 4

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 07:16 AM

QUOTE(supermom @ May 28 2008, 06:59 AM) View Post
That's ridiculous. The only ones who would want to gate that street are the people who live on the small cross street at the back entrance to the school. They already have signs there not allowing parking or drop offs at the schools back gate.

What next?

The folks over at inwood going to make that a gated community, too?

1) It's not ridiculous. The entire neighborhood supports it because we're tired of all the unnecessary traffic and speeding.
2) Inwood almost is a gated community because the lower portion of Inwood is a private road.
3) When ARC was being developed the residents off Baldwin Dam insisted that ARC roads along Baldwin Dam were closed with gates.
4) Oak Avenue Parkway was designed to be a thoroughfare not Valley Pines.

#21 MSgt

MSgt

Living Legend

• 3,405 posts
  • Interests:Camping
    Reading
    Fishing
    Read and discuss about spiritual matters

Posted 19 June 2008 - 08:04 AM

We lived in a gated community once - never again. It was always a hassle with guests, hired help etc.. A constant battle. Friends would stop 'dropping by' etc... never again. The next gated community I am going to live in is when they lock me up in the old folks home.

#22 webuser

webuser

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 03:52 PM

QUOTE(MSgt @ Jun 19 2008, 09:04 AM) View Post
We lived in a gated community once - never again. It was always a hassle with guests, hired help etc.. A constant battle. Friends would stop 'dropping by' etc... never again. The next gated community I am going to live in is when they lock me up in the old folks home.

You have friends that just drop by unannounced without even calling ahead to see that you're going to be home when they get there? They like to waste gas and time.
It isn't that hard to use a call box and you can give hired help a gate code.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users