Photo
- - - - -

Anyone Have Details / Measurements Of The Rain?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 bordercolliefan

bordercolliefan

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,596 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 02:11 PM

It seems like an epic amount of rain, especially this early in October.

Does anyone have information on how much rain has fallen, and how it has affected the lake level?

#2 UncleVinnys

UncleVinnys

Just visiting this planet.

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,263 posts
  • Interests:Truth Prevails

Posted 16 October 2016 - 02:29 PM

They predict about 0.2 inches for today, but we've had some heavy squalls in the past 2 hours and they expect another downpour around 5 PM,

so I think it will be at least .4 inches.

1 God: 1 World: 1 People     :peaceman: 

#3 bordercolliefan

bordercolliefan

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,596 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 02:32 PM

Weather.com has this warning posted:

Issuing Office: Sacramento

Source: The National Weather Service

2:00pm PDT, Sun Oct 16

FLOOD ADVISORY FROM 2PM PDT SUN UNTIL 5PM PDT SUN

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN SACRAMENTO HAS ISSUED A

* URBAN AND SMALL STREAM FLOOD ADVISORY FOR... SOUTHWESTERN PLACER COUNTY IN CENTRAL CALIFORNIA... SOUTHWESTERN NEVADA COUNTY IN NORTHERN CALIFORNIA... NORTHWESTERN EL DORADO COUNTY IN NORTHERN CALIFORNIA... NORTHEASTERN SACRAMENTO COUNTY IN CENTRAL CALIFORNIA...

* UNTIL 500 PM PDT

* AT 153 PM PDT... DOPPLER RADAR AND AUTOMATED RAIN GAUGES INDICATED HEAVY RAIN WHICH WILL CAUSE URBAN AND SMALL STREAM FLOODING IN THE ADVISORY AREA. ONE HALF INCH TO AN INCH OF RAIN HAS FALLEN IN THE PAST FEW HOURS, WHICH IS CAUSING SMALL STREAMS TO RISE AND PONDING OF WATER ON ROADWAYS. THIS INCLUDES PORTIONS INTERSTATE 80.

* SOME LOCATIONS THAT WILL EXPERIENCE FLOODING INCLUDE... SACRAMENTO... ELK GROVE... ROSEVILLE... CITRUS HEIGHTS... FOLSOM... ROCKLIN... AUBURN... FOREST HILL... FAIR OAKS... EL DORADO HILLS... CARMICHAEL... CAMERON PARK... RANCHO CORDOVA... WEST SACRAMENTO... LINCOLN... LAKE OF THE PINES... LOOMIS... GARDEN VALLEY... ELVERTA... GRANITE BAY AND PARKWAY-SOUTH SACRAMENTO

#4 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 05:40 PM

Based on my pool level, I'd say at least an inch fell over a pretty short period. I know my backyard drainage could not handle the volume

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#5 Sandman

Sandman

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 05:41 PM

Im on my second go round having to drain water from my pool. Have easily had over 3".

Im sure come tomorrow we'll still see some city sprinklers running...

#6 aztransplant

aztransplant

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 05:53 PM

Hi bordercolliefan,

I've been using wunderground since folsomweather.com went down. You can choose the station closest to you. Mine is American River and the temp always seems to jive exactly with our home thermometer. I don't know about the accuracy of the precipitation meter, as we don't have one with to compare.

I noticed your profile says Natoma Station, so here you go: https://www.wundergr...d?ID=KCAFOLSO12

As for "epic" amounts of rain, I remember our first rainy season here in Folsom (2005/2006) -- coming from the deset, we wondered if we'd ever see the sun again (rain, fog, rain, fog . . . ad infinitum). It did.

#7 (Folsom Trails)

(Folsom Trails)
  • Visitors

Posted 16 October 2016 - 05:54 PM

We here in Folsom have been pretty much in the cross hairs of these fronts moving through since Friday. The heavy downpours aside, it's been a steady hard drizzle for days now with more coming tonite. My secret measuring device tells me we are close to 4 inches of rain locally since Friday.

#8 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 06:41 PM

All I know is that it's rare when I have to let some water out of my pool, and when the drainage can't keep up with the rain.

But I'm not complaining. Bring it on !! :)

#9 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 16 October 2016 - 07:10 PM

According to my husband's weather station, we had 1.52" of rain yesterday and 1.49 so far today. If we include Friday, we've had 4.03" so far this weekend.

Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#10 (Folsom Trails)

(Folsom Trails)
  • Visitors

Posted 17 October 2016 - 01:30 PM

Saw a map this morning with amounts and it looks like 5 + inches in this area although it did not say Folsom. It was generalized in the area and could have been El Dorado.

#11 tony

tony

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 04:20 PM

Rain gauge at St. John's construction site showed 3.5" Friday through Monday morning.

#12 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 03:25 PM

Another good rain event today that overwhelmed pool, drainage, bark in the plant areas, etc. Keep it coming!

#13 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 05:41 PM

Just got a new rain gauge Friday and today was at  9/10th inch as of 6:30 pm from 0 this morning

Another great  day in the adventure of exploration and sight.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has"
-Margaret Mead-

#14 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 30 October 2016 - 06:39 PM

We've had 1.2" of rain so far today and a total of 2.5" since Friday.

Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#15 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 05:09 AM

National Weather Service is reporting we have 512% of our normal rainfall to date.
Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users