#1 Anthony2173

Anthony2173

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:45 AM

Hey Neighbors,

Someone broke into my car last night and stole a pair of Oakleys and my gym bag. This is filled with sweaty wrist wraps, lats straps, an ab wheel and assorted strength bands. Typically not items you average tweeker or opportunist would want.

If you happen to see a stray blue back back filled with said items please PM me. I would love to get my beloved sweaty, stinky workout gear back.

#2 Molly

Molly

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:07 AM

We got hit too. My husband left his truck unlocked for some reason, so there was no break in, they just opened the doors. They stole his sweaty (but expensive) work boots and cleared out his glove box of who knows what, but personal information for sure.

#3 Howdy

Howdy

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:50 AM

Once sense you are lucky. I have also seen them break into the car then use the garage door opener to open the garage door to make away with tools, golf bags, etc. If you park outside don't leave your garage door opener in the car or if you have a truck like mine that has the built in opener make sure its not programmed.

#4 Robert Giacometti

Robert Giacometti

There are no Dumb questions

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:02 AM

Maybe it would be helpful if when someone has a crime commited in their neighborhood, they would include a description of their general area they live in.

I'm really sorry that this happened. This SUCKS when this happens!

#5 Molly

Molly

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:09 AM

Once sense you are lucky. I have also seen them break into the car then use the garage door opener to open the garage door to make away with tools, golf bags, etc. If you park outside don't leave your garage door opener in the car or if you have a truck like mine that has the built in opener make sure its not programmed.

You're right, I've heard of that too, he'll have to start bringing the opener in. Could've been a lot worse for us. My husband thinks they were trying to steal the truck itself, it seemed to be farther down the driveway than he parked it.

#6 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:35 AM

Maybe it would be helpful if when someone has a crime commited in their neighborhood, they would include a description of their general area they live in.

I'm really sorry that this happened. This SUCKS when this happens!

The post was in the Natoma Station section so that is some idea. Specifically it was Hopfield as well as Kassin Court. If I see others in this area on my morning walk tomorrow will ask and warn them as well. I have told several neighbors on the street about it after I read it this morning.

Another great  day in the adventure of exploration and sight.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has"
-Margaret Mead-

#7 Robert Giacometti

Robert Giacometti

• Premium Member
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:49 AM

The post was in the Natoma Station section so that is some idea. Specifically it was Hopfield as well as Kassin Court. If I see others in this area on my morning walk tomorrow will ask and warn them as well. I have told several neighbors on the street about it after I read it this morning.

I accessed this thread from the new topics section and didn't see where it was from. I do appreciate you sharing the location.

We should all try to be more observant about the goings on in our neighborhoods. We also need to make sure and lock our vehilces every night. I learned this one the hard way myself.

#8 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:48 PM

[quote name='Robert Giacometti' timestamp='1335811774' post='440942']
I accessed this thread from the new topics section and didn't see where it was from. I do appreciate you sharing the location.

We should all try to be more observant about the goings on in our neighborhoods. We also need to make sure and lock our vehilces every night. I learned this one the hard way myself.
[/quote

Just FYI when you look at the new topics section it has a field defining the location of the post - Open Topic, Political , Natoma Station - Etc. I know most of use do not look at that depending on the topic.

Locking the car doors is something that I forget to do on occasion - but will now keep these thefts in mind and will be more diligent in locking them-- although I do not have smelly gym shoes or boots in the car..

I would call the perp - the stinky shoe thief...

Another great  day in the adventure of exploration and sight.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has"
-Margaret Mead-

#9 Anthony2173

Anthony2173

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:32 PM

Who knows, maybe the culprit will put my gym gear to good use and turn a new leaf. More than likely it's sitting in a trash bin somewhere. So sad.

If anybody sees a person at the squat rack in dirty, smelly work boots with a blue backpack please let me know. Wait, I just described half the people I associate with at the gym.

#10 asbestoshills

asbestoshills

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:04 AM

There is so much crime in Natoma Station. So sad b/c the neighborhood is very nice, but b/c of the light rail non-Folsom residents seem to rob there quite frequently. Perhaps b/c it's also the first neighborhood when you enter Folsom?
Americans, don't just come in one color or race.

#11 chris v

chris v

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:25 PM

I'm not sure that Natoma Station has more crime than anywhere else in Folsom. I live in the closest neighborhood to the outlets and most of the time that crowd stays over there.

#12 carl_g

carl_g

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:20 PM

These break-ins are a shame, but saying that there is "so much" crime in Natoma Station seems a bit silly. I think you may lack some perspective on this one...

#13 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:47 PM

These break-ins are a shame, but saying that there is "so much" crime in Natoma Station seems a bit silly. I think you may lack some perspective on this one...

And light rail didn't play a part in my middle of the night car break-in a few years ago either.

#14 Robert Giacometti

Robert Giacometti

• Premium Member
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:55 PM

And light rail didn't play a part in my middle of the night car break-in a few years ago either.

How do you know this, did they ever catch the man/woman who was responsible?

#15 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:00 PM

How do you know this, did they ever catch the man/woman who was responsible?

Do I specifically know? No. But common sense supports that and according to the officer with whom I spoke, he said it was probably either part of a rash of break-ins that night along Folsom Blvd from American River Canyon to Natomas Station (faster than foot vehicle required) or it was two separate local incidents focusing on Natoma Station and Prairie Oaks.

When my neighbor suggested that light rail was the delivery vehicle of the perps in Natoma Station, he laughed. He said first off, the list of items reported stolen so far would have been a lot to carry on foot, and secondly, light rail wouldn't have made a good getaway vehicle for the times the crimes were committed (middle of the night).

He finished that it was more likely that drug addicted local teens committed the crimes than anything and explained to us that heroin use was more common than we'd think in Folsom. Heroin use has a high correlation to crime. Light rail doesn't.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users