Photo
- - - - -

C O F U M Folsum Water & Sewer Dept Selfie, Very Real!

honest selfie

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 maestro

maestro

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 12:37 PM

#2 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 01:10 PM

Am I the only one who doesn't understand what the heck is the point of these videos?

#3 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 02:09 PM

Am I the only one who doesn't understand what the heck is the point of these videos?

You are not alone.

Maestro, can you put a finer point on this?

What does the acronym COFUM stand for?  City of Folsom Underground Maintenance?

It looks like they are repairing a section of sidewalk or needed to access something underneath.

#4 Mr Horsepower

Mr Horsepower

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 03:15 PM

Holy crazy pants, Batman!

#5 tony

tony

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 04:39 PM

You are not alone.

Maestro, can you put a finer point on this?

What does the acronym COFUM stand for?  City of Folsom Underground Maintenance?

It looks like they are repairing a section of sidewalk or needed to access something underneath.

That would be City of Folsom Utility Maintenance.

And no, nomad, you are not alone.

#6 maestro

maestro

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 04:48 PM

Yes,  except for those who have a VESTED interest in not discussing the city's Public Works Projects which DO NOT HAVE the City Engineer's Seal & Signature on the line....    nor those whose pockets are lined by omitting Compliance to City Standards.

Yes you are the only one.....   but you stand with those who want mo' money, but no Approved Engineering.

Guess I proved it:    the C O F U M  speaks for itself --   but it requires the ability to comprehend, and sufficient concern about drinking water to give a care.

#7 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 05:04 PM

Yes,  except for those who have a VESTED interest in not discussing the city's Public Works Projects which DO NOT HAVE the City Engineer's Seal & Signature on the line....    nor those whose pockets are lined by omitting Compliance to City Standards.

Yes you are the only one.....   but you stand with those who want mo'money, but no Approved Engineering.

Guess I proved it:    the C O F U M  speaks for itself --   but it requires the ability to comprehend, and sufficient concern about drinking water to give a care.

No, I think you might be the only one who is standing alone.

Even with comprehension skills and concern, this video is pointless. There is nothing solid that it shares, except that a portion of a sidewalk in a Folsom neighborhood is torn up and has city construction materials upon it.

None of us understand it and it's not our collective problem. The problem is with the delivery.

#8 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 07:08 PM

That would be City of Folsom Utility Maintenance.

And no, nomad, you are not alone.

Thanks, Tony.  That would have been my second guess:)

#9 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 08:53 PM

Soooo. they cut a section of sidewalk up to repair/replace something that needed it. Happens all over the country. Then again, maybe they were looking for Jimmy Hoffa.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#10 JohhnyCash

JohhnyCash

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 12:21 AM

I don't normally comment on this drivel, consider it a moment of weakness late at night.

I looked over Ms. "Maestro" posts on the message board and it seems pretty apparent that she has a bit too much time on her hands and a fancy new phone that takes videos.  She's really nothing more than a gossip looking for ordinary things to sensationalize in order to find some sort of knee jerk response.  I'm reminded of Ms. Kravitz from Bewitched:

Maestro: Really...you film the beer trucks driving down the street and comment that they are going to kill the children.  You run around town finding all the open trenches and claim they are unapproved, engineered city sewage projects. Illegal housing developments and industrial areas.  Sigh.

Let's keep it in perspective shall we?  

HALF of the worlds population does not have access to safe drinking water or toilets.  Need I go on?

Folsom is a relative Utopia in reference to how most people live.

Your own posts brand you as a first world elitist.  You should probably refrain.

#11 fouroheight68

fouroheight68

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 07:42 AM

Someone let the crazy out! 

#12 Cousin Eddie

Cousin Eddie

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 09:50 AM

#13 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 10:10 AM

Okay, okay.  This place gets so mean sometimes.

Maestro, please explain why this video has more meaning, if it does, than just showing the city has put out some signs and a cone to block a potential hazard while they work on something.

If they are fixing a problem, isn't that a good thing?

#14 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 10:25 AM

inequality in addressing things. Skipping the details. Not getting approval. Refusing to get plans or environmental impact studies represented or published-

All are examples of the small things government entities are compelled to report and are often caught not doing.

Having watch dogs in your neighborhood who protect the best interests of society health and create a discussion forum - is not a bad thing. 

Does it seem petty?

Not really. 

Passion comes from desire, need and experience.

Maestro has a clear passion for water in Folsom. 

#15 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 10:55 AM

inequality in addressing things. Skipping the details. Not getting approval. Refusing to get plans or environmental impact studies represented or published-

All are examples of the small things government entities are compelled to report and are often caught not doing.

Having watch dogs in your neighborhood who protect the best interests of society health and create a discussion forum - is not a bad thing. 

Does it seem petty?

Not really. 

Passion comes from desire, need and experience.

Maestro has a clear passion for water in Folsom. 

Passion is only half of the equation.  Using that passion to gather facts/data and then being able to communicate them in a meaningful way is what I would describe as a benefit.

I'm still not sure what we are all supposed to make of this video.  What has the city done wrong in this particular instance?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users