• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 realtor

realtor

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • Interests:Real Estate, Tennis, Dancing, Travel, interesting stuff and things to do.

Posted 10 January 2007 - 08:07 PM

Ok...so I have pets that are "outside" animals....just a reminder for those of you who like me do not wish to share my living space but still care about their animals. It's supposed to freeze tonite so take care of the livestock please.

#2 Adamal

Adamal

Web Geek

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 08:50 PM

Its going to freeze for the next couple of days... Take care of Animals and pipes.

#3 sat

sat

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 09:06 PM

Thank you for the post. No pet should be out tonight.

#4 ESP Guy

ESP Guy

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 10:01 AM

fo sho!
My little guy is always burried under the comforter or on my head (pugs, gotta love them!)
IPB Image

#5 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 10:04 AM

QUOTE(ESP Guy @ Jan 12 2007, 10:01 AM) View Post
fo sho!
My little guy is always burried under the comforter or on my head (pugs, gotta love them!)

I love pugs!

#6 MSgt

MSgt

Living Legend

• 3,405 posts
  • Interests:Camping
    Reading
    Fishing
    Read and discuss about spiritual matters

Posted 12 January 2007 - 02:15 PM

QUOTE(realtor @ Jan 10 2007, 08:07 PM) View Post
Ok...so I have pets that are "outside" animals....just a reminder for those of you who like me do not wish to share my living space but still care about their animals. It's supposed to freeze tonite so take care of the livestock please.

Really? I thought dogs could handle the cold pretty well

Is this gonna be a Three Dog Night? lmaosmiley.gif

#7 jagayman

jagayman

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 09:08 PM

Who? who? who..who?

Sorry.
Jason Gayman
Folsom Weather Webmaster

#8 realtor

realtor

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • Interests:Real Estate, Tennis, Dancing, Travel, interesting stuff and things to do.

Posted 12 January 2007 - 10:14 PM

QUOTE(jagayman @ Jan 12 2007, 09:08 PM) View Post
Who? who? who..who?

Sorry.

There's something warped about this forum...so appealing...
My son (21yrs old) is hosing down the driveway so he can slid on the ice...valley kids...go figure

#9 Adamal

Adamal

Web Geek

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 10:45 PM

QUOTE(MSgt @ Jan 12 2007, 02:15 PM) View Post
Really? I thought dogs could handle the cold pretty well

Is this gonna be a Three Dog Night? lmaosmiley.gif

Depends on the breed and the dogs outside accommodations.

#10 Dr. Folsom

Dr. Folsom

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 08:14 AM

I will never understand people who get a dog only to ignore it and leave it in their backyard all day and night. What's the point? You don't get the benefits of companionship from a dog you see once or twice a day, just to throw down some food for or maybe play a quick game of fetch or frisbee with him. How can you know an animal you don't really live with? How can he know you?

Many ignorant, selfish people think that a dog belongs outside.

"Oh honey, little Junior wants a puppy! How cute!! Lets go find a good backyard breeder and get ourselves a designer dog! It will go great with the big SUV and huge backyard! So what if the dog is lonely, barks all day, drives the neighbors crazy barking when we are both at work. We are entitled! We are upper class!!!! Ok, Junior, don't forget to feed and pet the puppy before we drop you off a daycare for 12 hours... it it your responsibility.... You are a big boy now... "

They leave their dog in the backyard and then are surprised when problems develop, continuous barking, digging, & fighting. Dogs are a social species, they are not genetically designed to be alone for any length of time.
Given a choice between your time and a big yard, any dog will choose for more time being with other living beings... and no, that doesn't mean you should go buy another dog.

If you don't have time for a dog, don't get a dog. If you have an outside dog, do whatever housetraining, chewtraining and training it takes to make him an inside dog.

#11 sat

sat

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 08:55 AM

I agree with the above post. My neighbor does not let her dog inside because of the mess. Though, to her credit, she does have the dog sleep in the garage when it is cold outside, and may have even let her dog sleep in the laundry room during this cold snap. However, like stated, why get a dog if you are not going to interact with him? I have two dogs, and, yes, they are a pain at times in the house. I sweep my wood floors nearly everyday. Sometimes they chew things that I would have rather have been left unchewed.

I guess my point is, dogs (or cats) should be part of your family. My kids make a bigger mess than my dogs, but I would never leave my kids outside for hours on end.

#12 benning

benning

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 01:27 PM

QUOTE(Dr. Folsom @ Jan 13 2007, 08:14 AM) View Post
"Oh honey, little Junior wants a puppy! How cute!! Lets go find a good backyard breeder and get ourselves a designer dog! It will go great with the big SUV and huge backyard! So what if the dog is lonely, barks all day, drives the neighbors crazy barking when we are both at work. We are entitled! We are upper class!!!! Ok, Junior, don't forget to feed and pet the puppy before we drop you off a daycare for 12 hours... it it your responsibility.... You are a big boy now... "

Part two:
" Oh honey, I think we really need to get rid of that dog. He does nothing but dig, bark and destroy things all day. And putting him on that rope in the front yard to give him a change of scenery didn't help either, he just snarled and jumped at people. And there's that time when we let him in and he chewed our couch and peed and pooped inside... well I guess they did say something when we picked him up about 'house training' but who has time for that? Let's just take him to the shelter, I'm sure they'll find a good home for him."
"L'essential est invisible pour les yeux."

#13 Solartide

Solartide

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,770 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 09:23 PM

I just want to post saying that the title is genius.

#14 Dr. Folsom

Dr. Folsom

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 11:42 AM

QUOTE(benning @ Jan 13 2007, 01:27 PM) View Post
Part two:
" Oh honey, I think we really need to get rid of that dog. He does nothing but dig, bark and destroy things all day. And putting him on that rope in the front yard to give him a change of scenery didn't help either, he just snarled and jumped at people. And there's that time when we let him in and he chewed our couch and peed and pooped inside... well I guess they did say something when we picked him up about 'house training' but who has time for that? Let's just take him to the shelter, I'm sure they'll find a good home for him."

Attached Files

• Attached File  dog.bmp   197.81K   34 downloads

#15 Dr. Folsom

Dr. Folsom

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 11:44 AM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users