10 replies to this topic

#1 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 15 October 2010 - 11:41 AM

Did anyone else get tickets to see Robin Williams on Sunday? He scheduled an impromptu appearance to test out some material for his upcoming tour. I only heard about this yesterday (not sure how recently he announced this stint) and was lucky to land tickets when they went on sale at 10 am today. I'm assuming they sold out within 15 minutes. I'm looking forward to seeing this comic genius in person, especially in such a small theater. :)
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#2 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 15 October 2010 - 12:24 PM

Did anyone else get tickets to see Robin Williams on Sunday? He scheduled an impromptu appearance to test out some material for his upcoming tour. I only heard about this yesterday (not sure how recently he announced this stint) and was lucky to land tickets when they went on sale at 10 am today. I'm assuming they sold out within 15 minutes. I'm looking forward to seeing this comic genius in person, especially in such a small theater. :)

What a great show that will be, he's hilarious!

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#3 MikeinFolsom

MikeinFolsom

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 03:18 PM

Watching Robin Williams is a double edged sword. You want to laugh, but by the time you get done laughing, he's already thrown three or four more jokes out and you actually miss something. So then you don't laugh, but you want to laugh......the guy is a Riot!!! Awesome!

#4 2kids4me

2kids4me

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 03:37 PM

I wish you would have told us! I love Robin Williams!

#5 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 15 October 2010 - 05:34 PM

I wish you would have told us! I love Robin Williams!

You know, I got on MyFolsom to post about it late yesterday afternoon, got distracted posting to the question about an upholsterer, got distracted again by a client call that lasted over an hour, did the dinner thing, and then forgot. This morning I was at an early Kiwanis breakfast meeting (I was invited to come speak about being a CASA), came home to two more client calls and then had to rush to try my hand at getting the tickets. MY BAD. I wish I had remembered last night to post about it. It was a fluke I even heard the announcement on the radio.

Watching Robin Williams is a double edged sword. You want to laugh, but by the time you get done laughing, he's already thrown three or four more jokes out and you actually miss something. So then you don't laugh, but you want to laugh......the guy is a Riot!!! Awesome!

You're right about that! You almost want to not laugh so you can hear all of the jokes, yet it's quite impossible!
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#6 MrsTuffPaws

MrsTuffPaws

Crazy Lady

• Premium Member
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 08:16 PM

$50 sounded like a lot to pay for untested material, but then I don't even want to imagine what a 'real' Robin Williams tour ticket costs.

Hope you have fun. I'm a little jealous.

#7 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 11:45 PM

The show lasted almost two hours and was absolutely hysterical. I laughed so hard I cried, choked, and cried some more. My laugh muscles are still sore. What a hoot.
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

#8 dlutz

dlutz

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 09:13 AM

I was lucky enough to spend about an hour hanging out with Robin Williams on a deck of a house in Park City last year. All I can say is he was super nice and yes, his brain does work that fast.

I would mention something and he would take off with it. Imagine just a much lower key version of him on stage.

#9 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 09:29 AM

I was lucky enough to spend about an hour hanging out with Robin Williams on a deck of a house in Park City last year. All I can say is he was super nice and yes, his brain does work that fast.

I would mention something and he would take off with it. Imagine just a much lower key version of him on stage.

Wow! What an opportunity. Very cool.
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

#10 eVader

eVader

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 12:25 PM

Deb the Bee said tickets were released Friday and sold out in just 26 minutes! While that isn't surprising, your lucky is amazing. Sounded like a great performance.

#11 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 01:59 PM

Deb the Bee said tickets were released Friday and sold out in just 26 minutes! While that isn't surprising, your lucky is amazing. Sounded like a great performance.

I had a little strategy going. I was set up to try for tickets both online and on the phone. I tested out the phone line option early to see how long it would take to go through their announcements before someone would pick up. That took a little over a minute so I placed my call at 9:58 am (If you call any earlier they tell you to try again at 10 am and they hang up.). At the same time I went through all but the last click to purchase tickets online until right at 10 am. I started processing my request for tickets online as I was put on hold by phone. Just as I was wrapping up entering my credit card number, an agent came on the line and asked if she could help me. I said, "Just a second...I may have my tickets..." and my online order went through.

I was chatting with a woman in the lobby whose husband stood in line at the Crest, although I'm not sure what time he got in line. At any rate he was third in line and they got front row seats.
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users