16 replies to this topic

#1 SacKen

SacKen

Lifer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:12 PM

I was planning to make a trip out the Children's Receiving Home of Sacramento to drop off a bag of old stuffed animals that are just taking up space.

Since I'm heading out there, I thought I'd see if anyone else in the area had any stuffed animals they'd like to get rid of. If your kids are anything like mine, you've probably collected an abundance of them that sit in a pile collecting dust. Why not donate them to CRH so they can go to children that have been thrown into a terrible situation and typically do not have any family to comfort them! You'd be amazed at how much something as trivial as a stuffed animal can help.

If anyone is interested, you can PM me and we can coordinate a pickup. If enough people want to participate, I can coordinate a more formal drop-off location and date/time to collect them all.
"Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!" -- George Carlin

#2 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:20 PM

I don't have any right now, but good for you for doing this!
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#3 AMETHYST PRODUCTIVITY

AMETHYST PRODUCTIVITY

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • 2,248 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:29 PM

Oh phooey, just took some to Goodwill! Thanks Ken for doing that.

Kimberly Purcell
Productivity Consultant - Amethyst Productivity

#4 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:32 PM

I think I'll have some to donate. I've just decided to hold a little garage sale Saturday, while the kids and I are figuring out what to sell we will set aside stuffed animals for you instead.

#5 SunshineServices

SunshineServices

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:20 PM

I've got a bag of my daughter's stuffed animals that I'm sure she is done with now that she is no longer a teenager!!
When The Power Of Love Overcomes The Love Of Power The World Will Know Peace.

Jimi Hendrix

#6 SacKen

SacKen

Lifer

• Premium Member
  • 2,286 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:38 PM

Thanks, y'all! A couple of PMs have asked me about a timeline. I don't have a set day I'm heading out there. Just the next time I need to go to that side of town in the next few weeks. So if you need a weekend or two to clean things out, that's fine!
"Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!" -- George Carlin

#7 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:16 PM

Are you still collecting? I have some for you

#8 tsukiji

tsukiji

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts
  • Interests:Freedom. Family. Food. Funds.

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:18 PM

I don't have any used stuffed animals.

can I buy and donate some new ones? or is there a list of in-kind donations that are most needed?

#9 keyplayer

keyplayer

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Interests:music, ballet, scuba diving in tropical locations, bicycling, crusing on the bike (BMW1200LT)

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:20 AM

How much space do you have? I have a rather large box.

#10 SacKen

SacKen

Lifer

• Premium Member
  • 2,286 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:39 PM

Sorry, I've been AWOL for a few weeks. Busy preparing for a new baby coming soon. Anyway...

I am planning to make the drop early next week. So anyone with a donation PM me and we can coordinate the pickup between now and Monday or so.

In general, space isn't an issue. I'll take whatever you have and make it work. Even if I have to make multiple trips.

Just make sure they are in good condition. Dirty, damaged, and worn/sad looking stuffed animals are no good.

Thanks y'all!!

#11 SacKen

SacKen

Lifer

• Premium Member
  • 2,286 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:44 PM

I don't have any used stuffed animals.

can I buy and donate some new ones? or is there a list of in-kind donations that are most needed?

Yes, new could be donated. Usually, I ask for used because anyone with kids has a million of these things clogging their house. Besides stuffed animals, CRH has a long list of needs. Here a link listing the current donation needs for the home:

http://www.crhkids.o...goingneeds.html

#12 tsukiji

tsukiji

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts
  • Interests:Freedom. Family. Food. Funds.

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:57 PM

Yes, new could be donated. Usually, I ask for used because anyone with kids has a million of these things clogging their house. Besides stuffed animals, CRH has a long list of needs. Here a link listing the current donation needs for the home:

http://www.crhkids.o...goingneeds.html

Busy weekend but I'll see if I can stop by Costco to pick up some stuff from the list. I'll send you a PM to coordinate a drop-off if I make it to Costco (or better yet -- if you could meet me at Costco, we could just load it up into your vehicle :)).

Thanks.

#13 SacKen

SacKen

Lifer

• Premium Member
  • 2,286 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:01 PM

Busy weekend but I'll see if I can stop by Costco to pick up some stuff from the list. I'll send you a PM to coordinate a drop-off if I make it to Costco (or better yet -- if you could meet me at Costco, we could just load it up into your vehicle :)).

Thanks.

Since you are buying new, you could just donate cash directly on their website and they can buy the supplies themselves. Same end result, but less time you have to spend shopping. Probably safer, too. If you're like me, you'll spend 5x more in Costco than you planned heading in. ;)

#14 Jolene

Jolene

Well-versed in how I might be cursed.

• Premium Member
  • 3,076 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:58 PM

Did you go yet? I have a big box in the garage that can go.
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING MY GIRL.
We could not be doing this without you.
Much love and gratitude.

#15 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:34 PM

We have a bunch in very good condition. Our daughter purchased a lot of them and never used them. One of these days my wife will dig them out and we will donate them.
A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users