San Jose Sharks In The Stanley Cup Playoffs

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 03:13 PM

They came in first in the Western Conference and the playoffs are as follows.

Western Conference Seeding
Sharks Open With Colorado

By San Jose Sharks Staff

The Western Conference playoff seedings are set and provide some interesting matchups in the first round.

(1) San Jose vs. (8) Colorado
(2) Chicago vs. (7) Nashville
(3) Vancouver vs. (6) Los Angeles
(4) Phoenix vs. (5) Detroit

The Eastern Conference playoff seedings are set also.

(1) Capitals vs (8) Canadiens
(2) Devils vs (7) Flyers
(3) Sabres vs (6) Bruins
(4) Penguins vs (5) Senators

The NHL is expected to release the playoff schedule later this evening.
A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#2 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 10:10 PM

NHL Releases Playoff Schedule
Sharks Open At Home On Wednesday
Sunday, 04.11.2010 / 9:57 PM / News
By San Jose Sharks Staff
The National Hockey League announced today that the San Jose Sharks first-round playoff series against the Colorado Avalanche will begin on Wednesday, April 14 at 7:30 p.m. PDT at HP Pavilion, with Game 2 occurring Friday, April 16 at HP Pavilion at 7:30 as well.

This will be the fourth Stanley Cup Playoffs meeting between the Sharks and the Avalanche. The teams previously met in the 1999 Western Conference Quarterfinals (Colorado def. San Jose, 4-2) and twice in the Western Conference Semi-Finals (2002: Colorado def. San Jose, 4-3 and 2004: San Jose def. Colorado, 4-2).

All San Jose Sharks playoff games can be heard on the 98.5 KFOX (KUFX-FM) and the San Jose Sharks Radio Network (the Sharks pre-game show will air live in its entirety on KFOX starting ½ hour before every game). A detailed local television schedule will be made available as soon as it’s completed.

Practices at Sharks Ice during the playoffs will be open to the media but will be CLOSED TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC.

Game Day Date Time (PDT) Location TV RADIO

1 Wed. April 14 7:30 p.m. HP Pavilion TBA 98.5 KFOX
2 Fri. April 16 7:30 p.m. HP Pavilion TBA 98.5 KFOX
3 Sun. April 18 6:30 p.m. Pepsi Center TBA 98.5 KFOX
4 Tues. April 20 7:00 p.m. Pepsi Center TBA 98.5 KFOX
5* Thurs. April 22 7:30 p.m. HP Pavilion TBA 98.5 KFOX
6* Sat. April 24 TBD Pepsi Center TBA 98.5 KFOX
7* Mon. April 26 TBD HP Pavilion TBA 98.5 KFOX

*If necessary
Times listed are PACIFIC TIME

Games at HP Pavilion at San Jose in BOLD

A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#3 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 05:32 PM

Times are East Coast Times

Wednesday April 14

7:00 p.m. Senators at Penguins

7:30 p.m. Flyers at Devils

10:00 p.m. Red Wings at Coyotes

10:30 p.m. Avalanche at Sharks

Thursday April 15

7:00 p.m. Bruins at Sabres

7:00 p.m. Canadiens at Capitals

10:00 p.m. Kings at Canucks

Friday April 16

7:00 p.m. Senators at Penguins

7:30 p.m. Flyers at Devils

8:30 p.m. Predators at Blackhawks

10:00 p.m. Red Wings at Coyotes

10:30 p.m. Avalanche at Sharks

#4 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 05:40 PM

Watch for my team, the Detroit Red Wings. Hottest team since the Olympic break and had a ton of injuries early in the season but are just about back to 100%. Add the years of playoff experience and they are the team to beat.

Sadly I see San Jose making an early exit!

#5 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:27 PM

I think that Washington of the Eastern Conference is going to be the Stanley Cup Winner. I hate to say it.

I hope the Sharks make it past Colorado and the first round.

#6 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 10:00 PM

I really hope the Sharks go far. However they have had an awful lot of disappointing playoffs lately. Perhpars Camay is trying to lower expectations in the fleeting hope that just maybe that's what it will take to win it!

#7 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 10:48 PM

QUOTE (john @ Apr 12 2010, 11:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really hope the Sharks go far. However they have had an awful lot of disappointing playoffs lately. Perhpars Camay is trying to lower expectations in the fleeting hope that just maybe that's what it will take to win it!

John, you caught me.... Go Sharks...

#8 bookwom

bookwom

Superstar

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 10:59 AM

I have DISH network. I'd like to see the game tonight, but can't seem to find it on my listings. Can anybody help?
I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.

#9 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 11:24 AM

QUOTE (bookwom @ Apr 14 2010, 11:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have DISH network. I'd like to see the game tonight, but can't seem to find it on my listings. Can anybody help?

Looks like the coverage is on Versus network. Score one for Comcast! Maybe you could see it at the new Sports Garage place?

#10 AMETHYST PRODUCTIVITY

AMETHYST PRODUCTIVITY

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • 2,248 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 11:40 AM

According to the Bee, CSNBA will have the game and the A's game is moved to CSNBP but that's not what Comcast's guide is showing. We'll see what happens. If Comcast can find a way to screw this up, they will.

Kimberly Purcell
Productivity Consultant - Amethyst Productivity

#11 bookwom

bookwom

Superstar

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 12:41 PM

QUOTE (ChefRaven @ Apr 14 2010, 12:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
According to the Bee, CSNBA will have the game and the A's game is moved to CSNBP but that's not what Comcast's guide is showing. We'll see what happens. If Comcast can find a way to screw this up, they will.

I found it, its channel 409 on DISH. Eventhough the guide on DISH says Baseball, their website says Sharks. So, we'll see.
I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.

#12 Fan4Ricci

Fan4Ricci

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 04:03 PM

Go Sharks! I'm crossing everything I can hoping it will help. tongue.gif

Drop the Puck!
This is our life. It's all that we get. The days are all numbered and the nights are all spent - Rob Thomas "Snowblind" -2009

#13 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 04:42 PM

QUOTE (Fan4Ricci @ Apr 14 2010, 05:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Go Sharks! I'm crossing everything I can hoping it will help. tongue.gif

Drop the Puck!

Good to see you back.

Go sharks...

Cal

#14 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 10:48 AM

Well they sure did blow it last night. They just couldn't get it together. The fluke goal, off one of the sharks skates, killed them with a few seconds to go.

#15 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 10:49 PM

WOW, what a hockey game tonight. It kind of went like this

Avalanche Sharks

1 0
1 1
2 1
2 2
3 2
3 3
4 3
4 4
5 4
5 5

Went to overtime and the Sharks finally went ahead and won.

5 6

Like I said what a game. Series tied 1 to 1 and going to Colorado.

Go SHARKS...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users