#31 chris v

chris v

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 12:36 PM

Yeah, fairweather fan... 100%

You won't understand any of our arguments because you don't even know what loyalty is...

fairweather...

#32 palango

palango

unknown soldier

• Premium Member
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 04:06 PM

Let me ask you this, are the Chicago Bulls total losers because they don't have a big star like Jordon on their team right now?

\Chi Town Bulls have Derek Rose, Joakim Noah (Gator) and Carlos Boozer (Dukie and Alaska native). They are exciting team and have a HISTORY and culture of winning.

#33 palango

palango

unknown soldier

• Premium Member
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 04:13 PM

If you 'honestly' don't care who wins or loses why do you only follow the players who are winning who are paid the most and on tv and in the news the most? Seems rather shallow no?

Because a LOSING product in ANY business is sooooo borring and any idiot that actually pays $$ to watch losers should look at themselves at the mirror. Its a capitalistic market economy. Don;t get emotional and fall in love with a city. Its BUSINESS!!!

If Intel right here in Folsom operated like the Kings Organization, folks and companies would stop buying their crap and they would close shop and bubye Folsom city coffers.

Folks get too emotional and teary eyed like a ballerina that lost a recital, but the TRUTH is how long can you put a crappy product and sell a "dream" when there is ZERO credible evidence or financial backing for a new arena, etc.

Call me "fair weather" all you want, but I am speaking for the business aspects. Are the Maloofs as dumb as the dumbest of them all ?? Donald Sterling of the Clippers???

#34 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 04:14 PM

I suppose the Cavaliers have a culture of losing too - but not the Miami Heat, right?

#35 palango

palango

unknown soldier

• Premium Member
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 04:26 PM

I suppose the Cavaliers have a culture of losing too - but not the Miami Heat, right?

John:

I remember the Cavs with Larry Nance, Mark Price, World B free, Ron harper, Cliff Robinson, Brad Daugherty, Craig Ehlo, etc. They played and got burned against Jordan and the Chi town bulls many times, BUT they were competitive, had a nice arena, and made $$$. This was B4 Labron entered the picture.

All I am saying is that who the hell wants to play for the Kings when the arena situation is not and will NOT be solved anytime soon. The situation here in sacramento reminds me so much of the Supersonics up north.

Much props to all you die hard Kings fans, but you are in major denial if you think that this "dream" of a new arena will come to fruition anytime soon.

#36 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 04:28 PM

I'm not a Kings fan because I'm not a fan of basketball.

I am a Raiders fan, I grew up in Alameda County, so they are the closest to hometeam for me. I've been a fan of them since I was a little kid. It sucks they have had long losing streak, but it was sweet when the royally kicked the Bronco's pitutty this year.

Real fans stick with their teams through thick and thin, just ask Detroit Lions fans.

Seems Mr. Palango only knows how to root for winners when they are winners. I guess it is pretty easy to pick out the best players in the sport and root for them only, but somehow that just doesn't seem right to me. I didn't like most of the Jocks in High School, but I still rooted for my HS team to win. Team sports is about the TEAM, it's not about the I for individuals. Wanna root for individuals, watch individual sports like golf & tennis.
I would rather be Backpacking

#37 Darth Lefty

Darth Lefty

Disco Infiltrator

• No Politics!
  • 5,578 posts
  • Interests:Volunteer with a service club like Active 20-30, and you CAN make a difference!

Posted 28 January 2011 - 05:15 PM

Leagues need a bottom half.
"I enjoy a bit of cooking, and this has always worried me. But it's OK. I only like it because it allows me to play with knives." - James May

Genesis 49:16-17
http://www.active2030folsom.org

#38 palango

palango

unknown soldier

• Premium Member
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 06:38 PM

Seems Mr. Palango only knows how to root for winners when they are winners.

Why should I root for mediocrity for ANY team??? If Intel were to go down the drain, would I blindly stick up and get all emotional with tears for my "home team" and stick through with them through thick and thin??? Naaaaaaah. Thats why I follow individuals in the Pros. Now in College Sports (College Basketball and College Football), I still follow TEAMS as I have since the late 80's, but I still do not get cuckoo emotional like a sad ballerina that came in second in a recital.

You are missing my entire point BillZ. Its NOT about emotions. Its about business. Please reread my posts. Any organization that is bleeding $$ and have very little chance in salvation via a new state of the art arena qualifies as a HUGE failure. There is NO way and no $$ of the world that would EVER make the Labrons, Kobes, Durants of the world come to Sacramento. Why would they tarnish their careers and legacy in an absolute JOKE of an excuse to be called an Arena that ONLY has a 2005 sacramento Monarchs championship?

Its about a long standing TRADITION and a CULTURE of winning and competitiveness. darth Lefty put it so eloquently by stating that "leagues need the bottom half", but there comes a time when an owner of ANY business states that enough losses. The Seatle Supersonics are no more.

#39 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 08:15 PM

Palango, somehow you think the Kings are losing money. In fact , the Maloofs made money last year. If you were following the team you'd know after the lockout they are going to go after some big names when they have buying power.

As for a history of losers, my guess is webber, vlade, Peja, Wallace, Hedo, and Ron Artest might take issue with those comments.

The arena situation looks grim, hopefully your opinion is in the minority. I still haven't heard how you think this city is better off without the Kings and without an arena for the next 40 years.

#40 Chad Vander Veen

Chad Vander Veen

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,209 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 10:52 PM

Kings beat Lakers. LOL, poor timing on this thread, palango

#41 palango

palango

unknown soldier

• Premium Member
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 10:54 PM

From Sacramento Bee just a couple of weeks ago:

in 2009 the family sold its original beer distributorship in New Mexico for more than $100 million and that there also were staff layoffs in the Kings organization and at The Palms — then perhaps there is a greater sense of urgency to move the franchise to a market with better demographics, more potential corporate sponsors and an NBA-ready arena.

That’s where Anaheim comes in. If the Maloofs decide to move the Kings — or are forced to sell a team struggling on the court (NBA-worst 8-25 record) and struggling at the gate (29th out of 30 in home attendance) — Anaheim and San Jose are believed to be the most likely destinations because they both have NBA-quality arenas and waiting billionaires to help them overcome financial obstacles.

#42 Robert Giacometti

Robert Giacometti

There are no Dumb questions

• Premium Member
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 11:01 PM

Kings beat Lakers. LOL, poor timing on this thread, palango

If the keep playing like this, they might make it to all the way to the Superbowl!

#43 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 11:10 PM

The Bee is in the business of selling newspapers... There is nothing to talk about in this town but basketball.
The Maloofs certainly are getting hit by the recession - however last year they made money with the Kings. The Maloofs have made it quite clear the team is not for sale.

If the arena fails again, I think they will probably move, but only because this city can't get its act together. Remember where Raley Field was built? West Sacramento. For some reason people think that homeless people and crime will magically disappear if the Kings move and Arco is torn down. I really don't understand it.

#44 palango

palango

unknown soldier

• Premium Member
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 11:25 PM

If the keep playing like this, they might make it to all the way to the Superbowl!

I was wondering what you meant by the superbowl comment and then I read the following on Sacbee:

• All upper-level tickets to Tuesday's Kings game at Arco Arena were just $10, and if you went on StubHub on Thursday, you could find tickets to the Feb. 9 game against Dallas starting at $3.99.

In contrast, the cheapest seat on StubHub on Thursday for the Super Bowl at Cowboys Stadium was $2,049. The most expensive? How about a Hall of Fame suite on the 40-yard line – 23 tickets, private restroom, catered food, cocktails – for $391,605 (that's no typo, folks).

#45 palango

palango

unknown soldier

• Premium Member
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 12:29 AM

The Maloofs certainly are getting hit by the recession - however last year they made money with the Kings.

wrong... according to Forbes Magazine:

The Kings were valued at $293 million, ranking 24th. Forbes estimated that 17 of the 30 NBA teams lost money a year ago.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users