• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 08:33 PM

Advisory: Folsom Veterans Day Parade Canceled Due to Poor Air Quality

The Folsom Veterans Day Parade scheduled for Sunday, November 11 has been canceled due to poor air quality. Our hearts and thoughts are with all those affected by California’s wildfires.

A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#2 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 11:50 AM

We were driving down Bidwell yesterday around 10:30 - 11:00 AM and we saw one motorized float going up the street.

They were having their own parade, I guess.   COOL

Everyone was honking and waving.  The smoke was very bad in the morning so I think it was correct to cancel it.

I thought they might postpone it until next weekend, but no.

A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users