4 replies to this topic

#1 jagayman

jagayman

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 10:11 PM

I have two tickets for Saturday, Nov 12th at 8PM, but I will be out of the country starting on the 11th due to work sad.gif Needless to say, I am looking to trade tickets with someone who has tickets for the 3rd, 4th, 5th (evening or matinee), 6th (evening or matinee), or 10th.

These two tickets are in the orchestra, Row M, seats 35 and 36 -- really good seats and on a really good date night, of course.

My wife really wants to see the show, so I rather trade for acceptable seats than have to sell them.

Please PM me if you have tickets to trade.

Thanks in advance,
Jason
Jason Gayman
Folsom Weather Webmaster

#2 SacKen

SacKen

Lifer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 01:06 PM

Are you a season ticket holder or did you just purchase tickets to this show only? Season ticket holders can swap for another night by going downtown to the box office.

BTW, my seats are for the same night just down the row from you: Orch M 11-12!
"Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!" -- George Carlin

#3 jagayman

jagayman

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 04:11 PM

Season ticket holder. In the past, when I've had to switch, I was left with crummy seats sad.gif So, I am saving this as a last resort.

Jason
Jason Gayman
Folsom Weather Webmaster

#4 jagayman

jagayman

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 04:25 PM

Well, I gave the box office a call just to see what they may be able to exchange my tickets with and I may still be in luck. I'll know in a couple of days when I can drive down there.

Thanks!
Jason
Jason Gayman
Folsom Weather Webmaster

#5 SacKen

SacKen

Lifer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 04:29 PM

True, it is a crap shoot. I have found that the availability changes daily as people exchange their tickets. Just keep calling. Unfortunately you can't reserve them, so between your call and when you get there, you can still get screwed. But also remember that as the date gets closer and they advertise more, the available seats may get even worse. If you can't swap soon, I would go and get the best you can then keep checking to see if better becomes available later.

For the most part, I end up okay when I have to switch. Of the 4-times, once I got stuck back in Row Z, two were within a couple rows of mine, and once we ended up in row C dead-center... that was pretty cool.

I saw Mama Mia 2-years ago when it was last in Sac. I was very skeptical. Being 28 yrs old at the time, a musical based on the music of ABBA did not sound interesting at all. I tried to get out of it the best I could. Much to my surprise, I really enjoyed it. Since it is more about the music than what you see, it is still worth going even if you get stuck back in row Z.
"Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!" -- George Carlin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users