3 replies to this topic

#1 Eve 6

Eve 6

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 09:31 PM

I just moved into town and wondering if anyone could give me some advice to neighborhoods in EDH. I have looked at homes in the following area: Promontory, Serrano, and Highland View. I wanted to find out the average Mello Roos people pay for Promontory and Serrano. I am looking around the Breese/Greenview area of Serrano and the Villa Lago/ Montecito area of Promontory. Most of the homes in the Highland View area are gone. What is a normal water bill/utilities? The Serrano area I was looking at takes care of their front lawn. Thanks

#2 edhnative

edhnative

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 06:59 AM

Try this website:

www.metrolistmls.com

it will show the usual monthly dues in each area. Also, utilities really depend on size of house, how much shade, whether there is a pool or not, etc...For about a 4000 sq. ft house, I would expect PG & E to be roughly $500-$600 (without pool, average shade).

Good Luck!

#3 Orangetj

Orangetj

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 09:07 AM

Our HOA dues in Serrano come out to $487 per quarter, but I'm not sure whether that would be the same in the exact part of the neighborhood you're considering. HOA takes care of the front lawn, all front yard plants, refreshes bark in planting beds, blows out the sidewalks/driveway/patio area, etc.. Essentially, we don't have to touch the front yard if we don't want to.

This year, PG&E for our 2750 s.f. house has been between $150 and $190 over the summer months and $80 - $100/month the rest of the year. We don't have a pool and we don't have much shade. We keep the thermostat at 78 during the summer and 68 or so during the winter. Water seems to be about $75/month for our family of 4.

#4 Eve 6

Eve 6

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 02:46 PM

That helps out a lot. Thank you. It does does add up. Thanks again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users